Do I see a little romance??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**Semi(?) WAW Spoiler Alert**

I pretty much agree with every pro- Nita/Kit pairing, and it's maybe a little too obvious about Dair/Roshaun.

OsakaZuki25.... thank you everrr so much for reminding me of the one scene in the book that made me cry the hardest. I didn't realize until that point that Ponch was my favorite character. And this was before my doggy died. I mean, the poetry of the whole thing was amazing, and DD was very nice with how she "fixed" it with Kit, but still.... =(

To end on a happy note.... yes I do believe Dair will find Roshaun, but I think it's going to take her at least a whole book to do it. Or at least something very big... like almost lose her life or her "children's" lives in order to find him / bring him back.
    ..................~*Wolf*~..................
    AIM: CeliaWells8 / Twitter: Scifi_Nerd
    Won 2nd Place for Topic Of The Week 04, January, 2010!!!

Comment

Are we talking about YW or Asimov and Heinlein here?
      (I'm refering to the older posts, btw.)

This thread is hilarious.

I think K/N when they are grown up, or at least when they are a few years older. Ditto Darine/Roshaun- and I'm on the 'not-dead' side. S'reee- hmm, we haven't met any other same-species whales yet! Ooh, how about Darryl and the twychild girl, what's her name-*looks in handy copy of W@W*- Nguyet, that's it. Both of them are so fiercely good in character that I love them both.

And I know about Ponch's new status- but maybe Annie (carl's dog) and Ponch? Hey, then the puppies would be half-god dogs. Or half-dog gods. I love the "spell-it-backward" joke.

Comment

ok guys dont you think it would be kinda hard to fall in love out side your species? im not saying it could not happen but for example Nita and Ponch or Kit and Ser'ee. i mean kit cant be a wale as we know because he had to put one of those blanket (sorry i forgot what its realy cald and i loned my book to someone) things rember how many problusmes he had like almost terning in to the wale who gave him the blanket thing? and nita and ponch omg come on hes kit's pet for crying out loud. i thing it will be nita and ronan. not nita and kit because their realy good friends who have gone through alot and that would just be gross

Comment

The blanket is called a whalesark, clover. They are very rare- I believe the one destroyed by Kit was only one of three?- so I doubt we'll see any Kit/S'reee action. Although a shapechange would be possible. I wonder what S'reee would look like as a human? Hmmm...

Have you read W@W? If so, highlight for spoiler: Ponch/anyone (including Ponch/Annie, which I shipped for a while) is, ummm, complicated. Seeing as he's a god. Though not impossible- look at Greek myths...

As for the other crazy pairings, that's mostly jokes. I'm a Kit/Nita myself- although one far in the future, as I've said before.

If you haven't already, it would be quite helpful to read the FAQs: the "why we're not like other boards" section particularly, since you don't want to be called out an some rule you didn't know- such as the punctuation-and-capitals rule. Just a gentle reminder.
          Last edited by SilveredBlue; December 21, 2009, 04:38:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by singer View Post
            Dairine and Darryl. LOL.
            I actually found this idea interesting, especially (for some reason) after reading AWoM and we got to see more of Darryl... and that scene at the end when Darryl and Ronan were giggling at Dairine's ranting about the "substandard prophecy," Dairine glares at them and they become very interested in Darryl's iPad... sorry, WizPod.

Anyway. I can see Dairine/Darryl happening...
            Last edited by LifeSong; May 22, 2011, 05:47:13 PM.

Comment

Hm.. Honestly, the only ships I've ever really thought of were Nita/Kit, Nita/Ronan, Carmela/Ronan, and Dairine/Roshaun. The obvious ones, of course.

Basically, it's hard for me not to see Nita/Kit romantically, probably just because we see their relationship develop so much throughout the series. (I'm such a Nita/Kit fan.) I don't mind Nita/Ronan either. Although I'm not a huge fan of Carmela & Ronan and Dairine & Roshaun. (other than some humorous interaction, I just don't see their personalities going well together.. Sorry.)

Whoa, though. Some of these ships you guys are talking about!
              I'm personally a little weirded out by any human/non-human pairings. Has it ever happened before? O_O
              And Dairine/Darryl! Funny, because I briefly considered it a while back.. I can see it working.. Yes.. Both are small, and have beaten the odds, with exceptional power/intellect.. Somewhat looked down upon by others (at least at one point) but witty in their own unique ways. Yeah... maybe.

Anyway, I better stop now before I start to rant.

Comment

Originally posted by Gracie View Post
                Whoa, though. Some of these ships you guys are talking about!
                I'm personally a little weirded out by any human/non-human pairings. Has it ever happened before? O_O
                In fiction? I don't know, honestly, but I'm sure there is . . . *tries to remember* - Oh! Well, there's Amanda and Sarek from Star Trek, and Spock's their son, and there weren't any serious complications, I don't think. It all depends on how you look at it. At this point I tend to be open-minded to most pairings as long as they make sense emotionally.

As for Dairine and Roshaun . . . they do fight quite a lot, don't they? XD But it seems to me that they have plenty of respect for each other, at least as of WaW. I think a lot of people 'ship them because of WaW, actually. I don't think I shipped them until that point either. The two of them are very alike, though; even Nita notes it (I think it was during or before the whole ennobling-waffles scene, when Nita was remarking about the lollipop spoiling Roshaun's grandeur?) It's hard to explain exactly why I ship them. I'll have to think about it . . . maybe someone else can explain better than I can . . .

Comment

Originally posted by LifeSong View Post
                  As for Dairine and Roshaun . . . they do fight quite a lot, don't they? XD But it seems to me that they have plenty of respect for each other, at least as of WaW. I think a lot of people 'ship them because of WaW, actually. I don't think I shipped them until that point either. The two of them are very alike, though; even Nita notes it (I think it was during or before the whole ennobling-waffles scene, when Nita was remarking about the lollipop spoiling Roshaun's grandeur?) It's hard to explain exactly why I ship them. I'll have to think about it . . . maybe someone else can explain better than I can . . .
                  I feel that when they argue with each other; They are like .. you know.. flirting (brief flirting tho)..at one other. I guess we ship together becuz it just seems they go together but Dairine and Darryl wouldn't be so bad eiether but at the point in the series, it just doesn't seem possible unless Darryl helps Dairine find Roshaun and the two (Dairine and Darryl) fall in love, Possible? Dairine and Roshaun are very similar to Nita and kit's situation (more than friends but not yet lovers- type of thing)
                  and the two have gone through much, don't you think? (maybe not as much as Nita and Kit) but don't we need to consider this from a what.. 10 , 12 year old girl's point of view? I mean at that age in real life, kids gone a bit crazy after all.
                  A spell always works. -So You Want To Be A Wizard I wonder would it work on my sisters... hmm...

Comment

ask for help...)
                    Last edited by dorotheia; December 18, 2011, 09:02:27 PM.

Comment

dairine & kit's tv?

Kit probably doesn't want Dairine to talk to his tv. The way Dairine and Spot work, the TV, remote, dvd player and whatever other thing that has a computer chip in it will all probably sync up with the mobiles, become wizards, and go on an ordeal of their own. Wouldn't that be fun to explain... especially if they decide that Carmela would be a nice adjunct "pet" to take along with them...

Comment

Working...
                      X