No announcement yet.

Do I see a little romance??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if i remember correctly Ronan and Nita were "together" a little in A Wizard Abroad so that might be why they act weird around each other.

I still stick by Kit/Nita and Dairine/Roshaun

Comment

DrEaMeR mAgE -

Being awkward around each other or crushing--even being heavily attracted to someone or being in love--is no assurance of how you'll do together. Sometimes it just complicates a situation that shouldn't be complicated at all. We can be attracted to another person for all kinds of different reasons (good or bad) at different stages in our development.

Nita was interested. By the time of Wizards at War, however, I think Ronan's been the last thing on her mind for quite a while and she seems to be feeling just a little ridiculous about the whole thing. (Which is probably healthy, at her age.
      I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

i dunnno, i never really thought about the pig with anyone at all. it would be odd to be hitting on a pig that knows the meaning of life, don't you think?

i think neets and ronan will end up together, they totally balance eachothers personalities. i REALLY don't think that mela and ronan are meant to be, but who knows? surprise me DD.

and ponch? well, if you've read WAW then you know what he turns out like. i thionk the only love he'll indulge in are his fuzzy tree-climbing pals.

carl? well, truthfully, i think he's meant to be single pplz.

and for kit!! no idea what so ever.

and just someone to contemplate: s'reee? come on, she deserves a love life too!!!

signing off,
        the_peridexis

Comment

XD This topic is _so_ funny.

I'm pretty certain that eventually it's going to be Kit/Nita.

OMGROFL Gryph. Nita/Ponch? -snicker-

Spoilers?: <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Besides, Ponch is a GOD. Or something. I didn't really get to understand that part because I had to speed-read the last part. Oh well.</span>

Comment

I definitely belive in nita/kit, but this stuff with the trancendent pig/Mrs. Callahan??? Highlight the Callahan! she's married.

I don't think nita/ronan would have fit, he's such a crank and nita woudn't have taken any of that.

Yeah, singer, carl held nita, but in a helpful fatherly way! seeing as her father didn't know about wizardry and Carl's a senior.

!SPOILER ALERT!!!!

and if you've read WAW, youll know that dairine/roshaun, or really anyone/roshuan, are not possibilities.

*sigh* which is disapointing cause dairine/roshan were getting on very well.
            "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

Comment

well, i'm bowing out of this subject, it's been fun. but i'm not accepting defeat. I stand by what I said.

P.S. Dairine/ Lone One

JOKING!
              the most amazing band in the world... The Science of Sleep... www.myspace.com/thescienceofsleepar

Comment

Love between Nita and Kit, that would be interesting. It would be like a side plot. After a little romance, they try to avoid each other. And you know, they get distracted in their wizardry work. I think it would be interesting. Whether they have potential together, no I doubt it. I do want to see Poncho and some other dog or alien. That would be funny!

Comment

Singer:
                  P.S. Dairine/ Lone One

JOKING!
                  Nita/Lone One! That's the awesomest pairing ever. <3 There's actually a bit of evidence (the way Neets sees It, she thinks that It's hot, etc... XP), but only if one of the two had a total major change of heart.

As for Carl/Nita....Carl and Tom and described as having gray hairs, while Nita's only like 14. That makes Carl maybe around forty-something. The age difference is kinda great, but I think fatherly love might definately exist between the two.

And I dont see Nita ever getting together with Ponch or the Transcedent Pig... but cross-species dating might work! XP Ponch and the Pig? Hmm, interesting... Sker'ret/Filif is awesome. A tree and a bug! ^o^

Comment

no, actually Carl is 30 something. Oops. i said i wasn't going to post on this. Sorry.
                    the most amazing band in the world... The Science of Sleep... www.myspace.com/thescienceofsleepar

Comment

neets_wiz:
                      I definitely belive in nita/kit, but this stuff with the trancendent pig/Mrs. Callahan??? Highlight the Callahan! she's married.
                      Or highlight the Mrs. But why does that matter? She's also single, dead and not yet born, as far as the Pig is concerned. He just doesn't care about this "serial time" idea that so many others are hung up on.

Besides, Mr Callahan isn't in Timeheart (for people using serial time, I mean). The Pig can go and meet her there - he already has. Or he already will have done. Or he already is. Whichever.
                      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

spoiler alert!!!

ispoiler alert <span class="ev_code_white">still hold hope for Dairine and Roshaun. don't you remember that bit at the end? she has to find him! and i'll be there to witness.</span>

dai cousins.

Edited to add whited-out text for spoiler, which is the best way to do these. Highlight the text to read it - Peter

Comment

Yeah Dairine/Roshaun would be a great pairing. I haven't read all of WAW but so far Roshaun is totally flirting with her and they would totally be a good couple. And you never know...it might work out in the end.

"Carry me always
                          Carry me well
                          I am thy teacher of herb and spell
                          I am thy teacher of magik arcane
                          forget me and thy magic shall wane"
                          -Artemis Fowl Book 1

Comment

Spoiler alert!

yea, so, to make a point, its gotta be nita and kit. thats all. the thing though is that they are too young right now, and way to bussy. But, as they grow older, (and with that growth comes the lacking in power) they may have a bit more time on their hands to get together a bit. there are a few peices of evidence, now its not exactly word for word for word, but yea. The little thing in WAW, <span class="ev_code_white">with kit thinking " just back out slowly..." while talking about the whole kissing thing that was between Ronan and Neets, sugests some jelousy</span>. Then there was the thing in AWA where there were people talking a bit, and then something about Nita's "buddy", and someone saying "yea... your "buddy"..." then nita blushing. Then somewhere in the series there was an embarassing moment where Nita says that Kit is a very inportant person to her, and how she wouldnt want him to think the same way about someone else... something like that. yea three MAJORE bits of evidence that suggest something more then friendship in the near future when they get a bit older. what surprised me was <span class="ev_code_white">that it didnt happen in WAW, as there was that chance of the universe ending and youd think that they would realize that and express deeper feelings for each other especially near that end</span>. oh well, perhaps that could be a strong ground for DD to bring it up again in a later book. <span class="ev_code_white">as to roshaun and dairine, its not over yet, cause there are more books to come, and she wouldnt just let him "poof" out of her world like that and not do something about it, wether it be for "just friends" or something else. then for Ronan and 'Mela, they are both still around and good, they just need a few more books to get to know each other, and it should be a help to not have to share a body with someone anymore for Ronan to get into anything</span>. So those are my thoughts, sorry its sooooo loooonnnnnngggg.... lol

Edited in spoiler-protection for WAW - Peter

Comment

Just adding my two cents...

Personally, I think if there's going to be a serious relationship in this series, it's going to be between Nita and Kit, and, seeing as it's those two, it's going to be a SLOW process. Kit might pick up on it sooner, but he's probably going to have trouble bringing it up with Nita (We can see he's very perceptive, but also that he's tentative to broach certain topics with her). Hopefully it'll keep building and they'll get together in the last book, though (if not before)

Carmela's definitely going to make a pass or three at Ronan, but whether anything actually comes of that has yet to be seen. He seems kind of intimidated by her, and she's VERY agressive when it comes to guys. Their interactions will be amusing, regardless.

I liked the idea of Dairine and Roshaun becomming partners (and then possibly more, based on Nelaid's slip of the tongue in WAW) But, as all of us probably know by now, DD's gone and thrown a wrench in those works

Not that this really needs to be said, but Ponch as we knew him isn't comming back, the Transcendent Pig with anybody is slightly ridiculous because he's not a major character (though certainly an amusing one) and it wouldn't further any plot lines, so her editors would probably have her cut it out anyway. I'm still not sure where people are getting Dairine and Kit, especially in light of the most recent books. Finally, Tom and Carl are partners in wizardry and, I get the sense, in everything. Splitting them up just might qualify as a crime.

As far as Ronan/Nita, I can kinda see it, but I really don't want to because it would mess up everyone's favorite wizardly partners (other than Tom and Carl). Plus, Nita's been undergoing some seriously changes lately and the only one who has even the slightest idea of what's going on with her is Kit.

Let's face it: they're partners and best friends who've gone through way too many scary things together, and they understand eachother like on one else could because of it.

That's my two cents, anyway
                              Last edited by OsakaZuki25; December 11, 2009, 02:17:03 PM.

Comment

Ahahaha. Ditto to everything OsakaZuki said.

?????????????

Comment

Working...
                                X