What first got you into the YW series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How truly wierd...
    Magic Butter: I jsut missed you in Chat. I mean, I entered, and then it said, "Magic butter has left the chat." Uhm... whoops? I'm glad to see that you can get in now, though...
    T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
    Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
    Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Yeah...maybe a weird copy? Dunno if library and such don't have the adverticement.

Birdhead: Hehe, been there ALL day...there right now.

----

Magic Butter, better than normal on your toast.

Comment

I was looking in BAM! this summer since if finnished reading all the books on my shelf (100) lol. anywaz I saw these books at the bottom of the Harry Potter shelf and thought about reading but since school was starting the next week decided not to. Then the first day of school I found out that they r finally AR so I read SYWTBAW but my schools copy says nothing about the next books, its missing the first 5 pages, and it has a really weird cover.

L8er

Sam (Hifun55)
        ~Sam (Hifun55)~
        Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
        HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
        My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

I found SYWTBAW in Borders. My mom tried to get me interested in some other book but I promised my allowence for it. *Sigh* Prices must be payed to get what you want.

*Agent~M*

"Thank you Jack" "Your welcome" "No not you, we named the monkey Jack" -Pirates of the Caribbean
          Look closely at your next subway token. And speak to strangers.- SYWTBAW 20th Ed.
          *Agent~M*
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
          "I could live

Comment

My mom bout this huge book called The Young Wizards and i started reading. The book was actually one of the huge books that contains SYWTBAW to WD. Hehehehe.

In Death there is Life and in Life there is Death.
            -kd

Comment

The first book in the series snagged me in Borders! I've been hooked since!

" Duct tape, the stuff that holds the universe together."A Wizard Alone by Diane Duane
              - Serena

Comment

the reason I started reading it was because Iwas having this thing where I wanted to read every single magic or wizardry book in the world for some reason, and Isaw SYWTBAW, and bought it, and loved it and read the whole series.

Comment

well, my story's a bit pathetic. i was at borders and was looking through the young adults section (i was out of books 2 read). so when i say a title that looked interesting, i looked at the description. after about 20 minutes I came to "so you want to be a wizard?" i read the first chapter in the store and then bought it. and wham here i am

"It was my turn to save you, that's all. Now I want a few weeks off..."

it's not dying for a friend that's hard...no, what's hard is finding a friend worth dying for.
                  Call me Q :-)

you never know who your real friends are until the hard times come. When it isn't all happy laughs and fun. sometimes your old friends will rough it & stay. but usuall they tend to fade away. If they fade, do not fear, bcuz better fr

Comment

oh, let's see...I got snagged by SYWTBAW about 10 years ago in the city library, got hooked, read DW and HW (the only other ones available at the time), and then recently discovered that the series went on! So I read the others and am eagerly waiting the next one!

Comment

I'm a little late for this topic. But here goes -

Once upon a time, a long time ago (specially for you teens!) I was a pre-teen alone in the library. Wandering along the shelves, a well worn, extreamly well loved paperbook version of "so you want to be a wizard" jumped out at me ... I'm estimating my age between 11 and 12 at the time So ye god... that was 18 years ago!

And no, there wasn't a series back then. I didn't know about the series until a friend in a MUD (Multi-demintonal doungens, think D&D text based rollplay) Mentioned that SHE loved the series. So Off I went to the barns n nobles and brought the whole set! Then this month I rubbed in that I found the new book, and bam, she found this website! And here I am

And yes, if your curious - if I was 11 18 years ago... that makes me 29. These books are as enjoyable as an adult as they were as a child. And that is hard to do.

Comment

Dai stiho
                        hi Ryna, I see your new! Anyway there are quite a few people on this site I think are adults, *leans over and whispers* ?I'm 21 next month!", and your right the books are just as enjoyable now. In fact I think there MORE enjoyable now! You should try reading the "tale of the five" series, someone on this site suggested it to me and there a good read as well!
                        -Daz-
                        From the United Kingdom
                        ...Oh my God I'm going to die ... oh its over!....
                        Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; December 4, 2008, 03:54:51 PM. Reason: fixing dbcs
                        God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

well, i saw my older brother reading it. i asked him if i could read it (i'm the bookworm of the house...) but he said to get my own copy. finally i found it at my school's library. everyone i talked to about it had read it. hmm...i wonder what got them into it. just for the record, i would've read it when i found it even if i hadn't seen my brother reading it. i'm into wizarding stuff. it's just how i am!

you don't learn it...
                          you earn it.

Comment

My story is real simple.

I went to Georgia and i love magic things. and this book kinda forced my hand to stop on its spine. Now i just finished Book 3

Comment

Hmmm. Well what should be my first sighting was about 3 years ago, now. SYWTBAW had been left in the orchestra room, and my friend asked if she could keep it if no one claimed it. She did end up doing so. Then, that summer my cousin mentioned reading High Wizardry. I naturally, started at the beginning and read through a wizard abroad i believe. They took me forever and I nearly gave up several times. Then, soon after, I read The Wizard's Dilemma and loved it. It is my favorite out of the first five. I thought the series might end there, and was very suprised to see last year, that another book had come out. And very happy!
                              I am me and I am unique.
                              Gods all bless,
                              Rhia

Proud Tamora Pierce obsessee

Comment

When I was around thirteen, I was sitting around one summer day and complaining that there was nothing good to read, so my older sister, Sarah, who was 19, goes into her room and brings back a large pile of books, among which was "Support Your Local Wizard", a collection of the first three books. I read them and got hooked.

http://scifigeek901.diaryland.com
                                http://scifigeek901.diaryland.com

Comment

Working...
                                X