Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do if you met Diane Duane??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if i ever saw her i would leave her alone they deserve to go out in public without fans and paparazzi (goes for all singers/ authors ect.) but going to a book signing would be cool but would never happen since they always seem to go to Phoenix and paces like that

Comment

Umm. I would probably just try to talk to her with out looking like an idiot. I'm not an overly-excitable person, but I love to talk to really intelligent people and have a discussion I can share my opinions on. I think that a discussion with DD would be really interesting. I might ask her for advice. (Since I want to be a writer.)
      The thing is: I is still in teens-- so no one that is legal age, most common, 26+, will actually talk to me. Hmph. I'm not an idiot. That would be stupid.

Comment

speaking of name badges...

Originally posted by Garrett Fitzgerald:
        Actually, I've always been partial to:

Hello, my name is...

INIGO MONTOYA
        YOU KILLED MY FATHER
        PREPARE TO DIE

*grin*
        You and Mike Ford. I heard about the story where the weekend the movie opened, and they were all at a Con, and Mike rushed out, bought those "Hello, My Name is..." tags, and filled them in with the Princess Bride quote.

... Now, I just wait for the t-shirt. ...
        I was just kidding!!!

Sigh. Trust the guys at thinkgeek.com. They have a Cosa Nostra Pizza shirt, too.
        Last edited by Kathy Li; August 28, 2009, 08:45:54 PM.
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

I'd probably wave. At least. If there's a crowd or she's talking, then I'd probably just lurk around, bounce, and hope she looks at me, then blink every time I switch from () before I have to go. Which probably sounds hopelessly passive, but I get outrageously nervous around 'new and interesting' people, and actually saying something to them.
          If I saw her just passing, then I might even walk right up to her and say hi. Then I will try not to die of embarrassment from being so forward; next thing is concentrating on not tripping over my tongue. This is twice as difficult because it is also embarrassing to be embarrassed.
          Of the two options, the first scenario is more likely. I mean, how likely is DD to just walk around my hometown, and then I'll actually recognize her?...But on the other hand, if I could ever make it to a book signing/other event of hers, if she has one, I might actually be able to have a conversation.

Comment

I would probably shriek at the top of my lungs. And then scream, "OHMYGODIT'SDIANEDUANE!!!!! AAAAAAAAAA!!" And then jump up and down. And clap.
            And then, if she hadn't run away screaming, I would ask her to sign my copy of SYWTBAW, and hopefully get into a nice discussion with her about the books.
            And I'd probably ask if she was a wizard, and what the meaning of life is.
            Oh, and why the Oath doesn't work. Not that I've taken it...
            -looks around shiftily-

-Ebony
            Last edited by EbonyGirl45; January 24, 2010, 11:38:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X