Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do if you met Diane Duane??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do if you met Diane Duane??

I would probably jump all over her and ask her for her autograph, but I probably will never meet her. But there's always the chance of running into her in the bookstore!! *lol*

I dont think I would do anything like that because I would be afrad I would scare her. I would just calmly aproch her and say "Hey, your Diane Duane arn't you. I just love your books..." and casually try to start a conversation with her. At least thats how I how I would handle it...lol
    Don't take life so seriously- you wont get out alive anyway.
    I just got lost in thought…it was unfamiliar territory.
    If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?

Comment

Well, my brain would turn to cottage cheese out of fangirl admiration, and I'd babble stupidly at her, and then eventually I'd calm down a little and, not be such a complete spazz, and then we'd end up having a really nice conversation about a lot of different things.

And that's what I did, lo these many years ago. It's ok. Authors don't really mind if you go to pieces around them. They like when people like their writing. The whole playing it cool and casual thing can work, too, but enthusiasm isn't necessarily a bad thing.
      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

hmmm...If'ns I met DD, I would first totally melt, then ask her to sign my book, then try to pretend I didn't melt to a puddle and barely concela my near-meltingness. Then, I would try to talk casually about what the characters are gonna do or something.
        just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

If a met Daine Duane, hmmmm, I think my heart would beat real fast and then my eyes would go wide. Then I would try to walk over where she is and try not to go insane. I would ask her how she was doing etc. Then I would show her my W@W book and nicley ask her to Autograph it to my friend.... *Cough Cough* LOL. That is what I would do if I met her.
          ~Azen
          In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Comment

I would probably go to pieces for a minute or two; sort of 'OMGOMGOMGOMG... What do I say?!'... until I either said something stupid or something smart... I can remember at my first couple of DD chats, I was like 'I can't belive that such an awesome author actually takes time out to chat with us!'. But yes, hopefully I will get to meet her at some stage. If She ever comes Down Under, I would fly anywhere in the country to meet her, I think .

Alla

Comment

I think I would shake her hand, but then what to talk about? I mean is DD that gets so much attention about her work that she would hate to hear or talk about it in her free time?

Hopefully, she is not. So I would see if she wanted to have a coffee is a cafe and have a good old chat about her work and theroies on everything!
              Fox
              God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

I would... not say anything, and have to be rescued by my best friend. Or that's what I've done in previous, similar situations (Pratchett signing. Pt:"So, Tui, what does that mean?" Me:"I, er, um, er, um..." Pt:"Daughter of the Night?" Me:*turns pink, stammers* Best friend: "it's a bird. And a beer.") Yeah, it's not fun being tonguetied, although I think that's probably the first and last time anyone will call me a daughter of the night so at least I got something out of the experience, right? I would also absolutely get her to sign my copy of the SYWTBAW Anniversary edition, because it is brown leather and hardback and pretty and has Uptown Local and Chao anecdotes in the back, and so is recipient of my LOVE AND ADORATION. Maybe I would get her to sign my DW and Door books, but I am kind of ashamed of them because I didn't buy them new (I mean, I couldn't, but...) I'd probably forget to identify myself as Birdhead, too.

Unfortunately- although maybe fortunately for my pride- it's not a scenario that I'm likely to see anytime soon.

PS: Kathy, you're so old school that... I can't think of a good punchline. But they were calling you Mom way back then. What does this say about you and this fandom?
                Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

I would probably go to pieces for a minute or two; sort of 'OMGOMGOMGOMG... What do I say?!'... until I either said something stupid or something smart...
                  That's exactly what I'd do too! XP I'd friek out and exclaim in shock. And then I'd give her as bunch of things to sign and then I'd pester her with questions about a bajillion random things and simply be awed by the fact that the great DD is responding! *heh, I wonder if she's seen this page...*

Comment

I'd probably just stand like an idiot and stare. Because I have never met an author of any kind in my entire life. and i'd ask for an autograph
                    ---------------------------------------
                    YW Chat room link. http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/ Type in nickname and #youngwizards for channel.
                    "in remembrance of Peter Murray,5/16/06,dai stiho

Comment

I would squee like an overexcited fangirl.

Then, hopefully, move on and have some sort of coherent converstion with her. And get my book signed. And hopefully remember to mention that I'm, well, me. From the forums. But there would definitely be some major squeeing involved, either before or after (I have a freind who goes to NYU, and she gave me this HUGE rundown of what to and not to do when you meet someone famous. Which has come in handy, but I have this feeling that it may not stretch to include authors, just movie stars. Authors are of an entirely different breed. *hearts*
                      PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                      Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

I would go nuts :P!!!

And then I would go nuts again and ask DD if she was a wizard( i'm insane -.-;;

and then my head would like turn into.... Silly puddy(what???) and I would buy SYWTBW and W@W and make her sign it...and then start ranting about how good her books are and how I want to be like her when I grow up and probablu bore her to death...

over all... I would probably act like an idiot(o.o;;
                        ~*If Time Has A Heart, Its Only Becuase Other Hearts Stop*~

Comment

Hmmm...I would probably keep my head, because that's how my personality is, but inside I'd be, um, going crazy? That sounds about right...Let's see, last week I found out that my library has a signed copy of AWA...and I was freaked out by that, so...maybe it would be sort of like that? Me freaking out, and looking like an idiot. Something I do on a regular basis, especially at school. XD

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

That would be TOTALLY cool.

I would say in my head: Omigosh-it'sDD!!!OmigoshOmigoshOmigosh. *waits* Wow. Cool.

I would probably go say Hi, mention who I am from the forums, get her to sign my copy of WH if I have it, which I probably won't, and just stand there, saying: Uh....Uh....Uh.....

So yeah. *grins*

Comment

What would I do? I'd introduce myself, get another signed book, talk for as long as possible, and then reluctantly let the next person in line get a chance. Pretty much the same thing I did with Christopher Paolini.

Who, I might add, is a hilarious person to talk to.
                              ---
                              How cheerfully we consign ourselves to perdition...

Comment

Working...
                              X