Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do if you met Diane Duane??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just the type to quietly say "hi, I really enjoy your books". I don't do well in noisy places because I'm hearing-impaired and hearing aids amplify all the background noise, too.
    -----
    Jennifer (i am a soviet space shuttle)
    "He's a pinball wizard, there has to be a twist; a pinball wizard's got such a supple wrist..." -- Elton John, Pinball Wizard

Comment

I'd offer to buy her a drink.

Unless I was in line at a book signing, in which case I would thank her nicely for signing my book, maybe shake her hand, wish her continued success, and let the next person have their turn.
      Worlebird
      ------------------------------------
      "We were once so close to heaven, Peter came out and gave us medals declaring us the nicest of the damned." - They Might be Giants

Comment

whoo! worlebird! Long time, no see! power to the oldbies!

...offering to buy her a drink sounds like a really good idea. ...but I don't know if I'm quite old enough to do that. *ponders*
        PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
        Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

Caitlin:
          whoo! worlebird! Long time, no see! power to the oldbies!
          "Oldbies". I like it :-).

You could buy her a soda. *chuckle*
          Incidentally, I myself don't drink alcohol, but I would offer to buy her whatever she preferred, and then get a Sobe for myself.

Sobe Elixer - cranberry grapefruit. Heaven.
          Worlebird
          ------------------------------------
          "We were once so close to heaven, Peter came out and gave us medals declaring us the nicest of the damned." - They Might be Giants

Comment

I would probably FREAK XD, but I dunno, I probably won't ever get to meet her 'caus my parents don't get the fascination of meeting ur fav. author. Oh well. *goes off to feel sorry for herself* I guess I will be ok, maybe.
            Not all that is gold glitters, not all who wander are lost
            -AND I AM GOING TO EAT....IT... ALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

i know. i would freak too. i also would probably never meet her because my parents don't understand what it would be like to meet your favorite author.
              busy reading

Comment

I would freeze up momentarily, sheer shock stopping any variation of coherent thought I am normally capable of. Of course after this small lapse in character I would either: a) smile brightly and introduce myself, praying I don't sound like a complete fool or b) cry out quite sharply (OMG! It's actually HER!) then hastily flee the scene, for I am most certainly not worthy of the great DD's attention.

Comment

First I would ask for her autograph per standard requirement and then I would start asking about ten million questions, including a lot asking about things that happened in WAW.

If Color Guard were any easier it would be called Drill Team.

"Aye! Avast!"
                  -Will Turner, POTC:Curse of the Black Pearl

Comment

I'd turn around for a second and go, "OMG OMG OMG!". Then I'd go up to her all (Sorta) calm and be like, "You're Diane Duane right? I love your books, I can't believe I'm meeting you!". Then I'd ask her about a million things.
                    Oops

Comment

I would ask her to sign all my books, then ask her tons of questions, then berate her for all the things that didn't make sense, or I didn't like or something.

In that order, because if I started with berating her, she'd run away before she signed my book or answered my questions.

yes, ladies and gents, I want to be an editor when i grow up.
                      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

Comment

Errr... why not skip the berating altogether, and just ask her to explain about the stuff that doesn't make sense? I mean, the fans in line behind you might get mad at you if you started berating her. Authors are people, too, and you basically should extend simple courtesy to them, even while doing the fan genuflection thing...
                        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

If I met her hmm... I think if would freak out in my head and try to play it cool on the outside. With my luck I'd go to walk over and up tripping and falling on my face or doing just as embarrassing. I would ask her to sign my book if i'd brought it with me. Then when I left I'd have thought of so many better things to ask, do, or say.
                          "Fairest and Fallen, greetings and defiance!" I would rather be hated for who i am than be loved for who i pretend to be!
                          "People...stop being mean to each other.
                          Especially for the sake of laughs. IT SPEEDS UP ENTROPY." -Diane Duane in chat.
                          "T

Comment

personally, i'd probably faint. if she was still here when i woke up, i'd faint a couple more times. truthfully? i'm not really certain what i would do. I think it's one of those thing your never really certain about till you actually do it. YOu may say your going to do something. BUt when you actually get to the point, you'll probably find yourself doing something else entirely.
                            I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

REally, I think i would have a "freak attack". My way of say "omfg. im so amazed" Then i would ask her to sign my books, and then ask her why Roshuan died? Then i would ask her to make the publishing company to let the books come out faster! Then ...you know i have no idea what happens after that.lol. Anyway. My mom and ad joke about the whole "Wizardry" thing. Its horrid. I mean my mom will say something like "Ali, go on i dont have the "powers" to know what you are thinking". And i will just stare at her and then she will be like "What?" And its like "Dont dis me" And it goes on and on. She just doesnt get it unlucky for me. Okay me gonna keep rambling so byebye
                              Dai All
                              Tori-Blazie
                              Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; August 26, 2009, 10:49:06 AM. Reason: fixing spoiler tag
                              Love and be loved

Comment

I think I would ask for her autograph and ask for the titles for all the books that she hasn't writen yet.
                                Reading is important. Reading is a way of life. Without reading you are nothing. Without reading you are stupid. Without reading there is no language. READ READ READ!

Comment

Working...
                                X