X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favorite character is Spot.

Comment

• Carl!!!

I love Carl. I wish he wasn't so much of a supporting character, I like him so much better than Tom. I love Tom, but he's so... adult. I find I can relate to Carl so much better.
      Other favorites: Carmela, Kit... the entire Rodriguez family. (Three favorite fictional families: Rodriguez family, the Weasleys and Hilary McKay's Cassons.)
      Also Ronan, and the Lone One, for some reason. And Fred. And Ed. And Betty Callahan. And Dairine. And Roshaun! I love Roshaun. And Nita. And Darryl. And Ponch.
      Ok, let's just say I love everybody.
      But Carl's the best.
      I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building.
      -- Charles Shulz

Comment

• My fave character is Chao, the Trancendent Pig. He is just so awsm, I love how he is just so blase and layed back.
        Footsteps in the snow suggest where you have been, point to where you were going: but where they suddenly vanish, never dismiss the possibility of flight....

Comment

• I think my username kind of gives it away, no? LOL

Kit's easily my favorite because he's so spunky and cute.

Comment

• nita and prince unlikely i got a lolipop on wed and almost laughed because i thought of him i was going to draw him holding it lol so i guess that makes him one of my faves ponch too i like everyone except for the bad peoples
            Last edited by Wizardprincess; November 27, 2009, 11:52:33 PM.

Comment

• Umm Ponch is probably my favorite character just because he is so happy even when the universe is about to end.
              "These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others."-Groucho Marx

"What is scientific fact? An oxymoron. Science does not deal in facts. It deals in hypotheses, which are never fully and finally correct."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

• Ronan. I'm a sucker for emo/goth and long shaggy hair. =D And come on, Irish accent? Plus he turns out to be a pretty cool guy and I love his development through the series.

Comment

• My Fave Character

My favorite character would have to be Khairelikoblepharehglukumeilichephreidosd'enagouni ! I mean who doesn't like Fred (for all who won't memorize his name, for who knows what reason!). Let's all worship Fred!

I had a hard time picking between Fred and Kit, but just so I don't pick a main character, and cuz I luv Fred's attitude and ego, I picked Fred!?
                  (True,) the white hole said. (my name is Khairelikoblepharehglukumeilichephreidosd'enagooun i--) and at the same time he went flickering through a pattern of colors that was evidently the visual translation."Ky--elik" Nita began. "Fred," Kit said quickly.

Comment

• To this day my fave character is still Nita, and after her I would have to say Dairine.
                    Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

• My favorite is the Lone Power. I've read more books than I can count over the years from all across the spectra, and he/she was both my first favorite, (since I discovered So You Want to Be a Wizard(Along with Vetinari-Pratchett, Daneel-Asimov, Leto II-Herbert.)
                      Last edited by anonymous; December 6, 2014, 06:39:40 AM.

Comment

• Last time I replied to this post it was seven years ago (!!!) and I was being an insufferable idjit (I have since deleted it), so I'm going to give this a proper answer now.

I think I have a hard time picking the viewpoint character as my favorite, because in their own head, they aren't so remarkable, they don't stick out so much. And if the book or series is any good, I love the viewpoint character, but it's often a different love than what I have for the other characters. I love Nita, as in I wouldn't want the story told from any other character's perspective. At the same time, Nita, as a character, isn't always the most interesting to me.

My favorite character is hands-down Dairine, for her spunk, her undauntedness and her unapologetic opinions. She says all kinds of cynical things that I would think but would never say aloud. (My favorite quote by her? Describing what to wear when you meet a world leader: "If you've got any guts at all, a real annoyed expression.") She's used to being an independent gifted and talented person, far more so than Nita, and yet struggles with her doubts. She's not always right, but she's always bright. I love her when she saves the world, and I love it when she makes mistakes. She is never left behind by the story: she keeps growing and changing and doing stuff in the background of Nita's life. To me, she's the most colorful personality (aside from Carmela) in the book, and the traits that I value most in myself, she has, and the traits that she has that I don't, I admire, and her foibles are also awfully familiar to me as mental traps that I can fall into. I would never dare to attempt as much, and thus fail as spectacularly as she must sometimes.

Maybe I love Dairine more because Nita's position is too familiar to me though. I'm the eldest child, the one always carrying the responsibility, the one frequently upstaged by my younger sibling. I don't challenge the rules or push the boundaries unless I have to. I'm quiet. I try to be reasonable and self-reflective. My passion is in the practice of language, not science, though I adore the discoveries of science. We're a bit too similar in ways that I feel I can't change, but I often chafe against. "Yeah, that's what I would do," I often think while reading her (which is a very rare thing to find in a narrator, by the way). We both wish we could put aside our law-abiding nature sometimes, and like Nita, I think I have grown a little in knowing when I feel it's good to break the rules, but still that pressure to obey still exists for both of us in a way that it doesn't for Dairine. We envy Dairine's freedom yet we can't set aside our own virtues in order to have it. And so I look at Dairine with the same fondness I hold for my own little brother, whom I regard in many ways as much more brilliant than myself (though I consider myself an expert in my own field).

My second-favorite character would way harder to choose. I love the whole cast.

Comment

• Nita and Dairine's dad, Harry. Especially from AWAL and onward. He's become this awesome Alfred-type character, the one who can't do what the wizards do, but somehow seems to understand and offer advice they need. It's been nice to see his character develop into this over the past few books.

Comment

Working...
                          X