No announcement yet.

Who is your Fav Character?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay I guess I like Carmella because she is awesome and kinda weird [like me!]

I like Tom and Carl because they make me laugh sometimes.

I like Fred for the same reason I like Tom and Carl.

Comment

• I SHALL OPPOSE YOU, O ONE LINER POLICE! (yeah, right)
      I love dairine because she has a little bit more characterization to her than Nita. It's pretty obvious if you read between the lines. All her life, she's wanted to be better than Nita (thus, reads like crazy), and then Nita got magic. Then Dairine became great at magic. Then she lost a lot of power. She's STILL in Nita's footsteps.
      I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

• While, of course, Nita still feels mildly annoyed that her kid sister keeps not letting her have anything all to herself. :-) I love that you get both viewpoints of both characters so specifically that you can sympathize with both of them, even when they're fighting each other.

Of course, now that I'm older and modding you guys, I find myself with more than a little sympathy towards Carl and Tom these days.

And I still want to know everything we can learn about Irina (Earth's Planetary). I'm soooooo happy that DD says we get to meet her in WoM.
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• I'm an admin on so many sites and i STILL have no sympathy towards tom and carl other then what i had orriginally, personally...of course, my sites are so quite that i don't have much reason too. *Shrugs* i like dairine i guess, but nita's still a favorite in my oppinion. i guess because i always related to her better, and i'm still holding too it, or maybe simply because i simply DUE relate to her best. *Shrugs*
          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• My favourite character would have to not be carbon based but silicon. I may be alone in saying this (seeing as this is the second mention of him in this thread and the other one he wasn't favourite) but either way it is most definitely true.

My favourite character is most definitely Spot. The computer manual with a personality is most definitely something which would interest me with my geeky ways of being almost inseperable from my computer, but while I am most similar to Dair, its her computer who is my favourite.

The amusement of things like him saying "Uh oh" are both amusing and show personality in a way I really like, how close he is to Dair I like, and the fact he's just plain cool. There is also the fact I like Heinlein computers in general which probably helps seeing that Carl (I think it was Carl) when Dairine left for her Ordeal asked if Dair had been reading a lot of Heinlein lately.

So pretty much, a computer with a personality is who I must say is my favorite, especially when humor, love (platonic love in this case) and the ability to be in control of in this situation himself come into play as well.

And before anyone asks, yes I have been reading a lot of Heinlein lately, I even started picturing people supporting the pairing of Dair/Spot.
            We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

• My favorite character is Nita. I have to admit I like the regular conversations between her and Kit. Sometimes they are quite funny. Also Nita has been through a lot and she is so strong. I can't wait to see what's in store for her in WoM.
              Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
              Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• Carmella is a lot of fun. So is Roshaun. And Dairine. IU had never considered Spot as a candidate for me favorite character, but he is very cool.
                I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

• Dairine is my fav since like forever. shes mad awesome!!

Edit: sorry I'l expand:

I think Dairine is super smart and good at wizardry. Plus she's outspoken and funny. I've always loved her character, probably 'cause she's a lot like me.
                  Look closely at your next subway token... and talk to strangers...
                  Darth Vader, look out. Here I come.
                  iPsych- The Website for the Only Psych Podcast

Comment

• I think Carmela is my favorite character, although she is probably the most unlike me. I guess I love her because she is funny and she usually makes the best of the situation.
                    Dai, everyone!!!

Comment

• gretchen, don't mean to be mean, but you might want to stop doing one liners...it wasts DD's money, AND forces the admins to yell at you (both things that are wise to avoid) just a heads up. :P *runs off to look for more posts*
                      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Nita is my favorite character, and here are the reasons:

1) Nita transforms the most from the beginning of the series.
                        2) Her specialties are constantly changing.
                        3) She reminds me of me, shy, but with a bit of a temper
                        4) Nita can manipulate kernals, talk to trees, and she kissed Ronan (RONANNN!)
                        5) Nita cares about other people, and she tries hard not to be selfish.

Those are all the reasons I can think of
                        Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

• I think that my favorite character would most likely be...a very hard choice...

Okay, I think Dairine is a cool character, but she annoyed me in AWAb. She reminded me too much of my own sister, in that book... *shudder* Besides that she's pretty awesome, and a geek, like me!

Mr. Millman is another one of my favorite characters. He just... he's amazing. He knows what's going on, and he helps them, kind of.

Tom is definitely high up on the list, as is Carl. They both just have a kind of calming, and reassuring quality, and know how to tell the truth in a way that doesn't freak people out as much. They almost adopted the younger wizards, as if they became Nita, Kit, and Dairine's uncles. I cried, when I read W@W, when the dark matter affected them, in that way... It was really sad.

There are many, many others; but I think I'll leave it at that, for now.
                          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I liked a lot of the characters, but honestly, I think my favorites were both Fred and Kit. I don't know, something about Kit just made me feel related. He was cool and a sweet guy. I liked Fred (the white hole] because I just liked its humor. He was always making jokes without knowing it and accidentally swallowing everything.

Comment

• When I first started reading the books (back when I was 12) Nita was my favourite character. I'm a sucker for liking main characters, but as I have grown up and my interests have changed, I would say that my favourite character has shifted to Dairine, with Spot coming in at a very close second place.

Dairine would be my favourite, because I can associate with her thirst for knowledge, and her amazing maturity (or is it precociusness) that she shows in the face of any obstacle that is placed in her way.

I like Spot for many of the reasons that Tuttle gives above . The idea of a sentient computer with a sense of humour and capable of feeling is just too cool.

There are other characters through the stories that I have liked seeing reappear - S'reee and Ronan are a couple of examples of 'old friends' showing up for Wizards at War that I thought were pretty cool. And Carmela just becomes cooler and cooler as we get to know her more.

Comment

• Mine's Nita, same as always - not sure of the reason anymore... Perhaps the love of books.

Oh, and by the way - I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

For those of you who don't recognize my new screen name, it's YR. New site=me actually being able to visit!

Comment

Working...
                                X