No announcement yet.

Writing Challenges - Script Frenzy and NaNo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm very, very close to signing up for Script Frenzy. I've never actually written a script before, which is the one big thing that's stopping me. I do, however, have a bunch of characters and a story for them that might lend itself very well to script form. We shall see...

Comment

I wonder if it's intentional that Nanowrimo and ScriptFrenzy both take place during examination time. I've attempted Nano four times and only succeeded once. The time I DID make it was when I wasn't in school. That's not a coincidence.

Did anyone try the Hourly Comics Day challenge? It's on February 1st, but I totally flaked this year and forgot. A lot of friends did it though, and the results are lulzy.
      I would EAT THE HELL outta that steak, then try to guilt the cow into dying just for being a cow. I'd be all "NOM NOM HEY COW YOU'RE NOT MEAT YET WHAT GIVES JERK" and then I'd glare and give it the silent treatment. Same goes for pigs and chickens... I would guilt a FLOCK of chickens into poultrycide in a heartbeat. "HEY YOU'RE A CHICKEN HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT"- Madhatte

Comment

Is there a website or something you have to go to? 'Cause it sounds interesting and I might want to try... Help?
        "Just how have I failed to notice Neets is hot?" ~Kit

~Lover of great books ever since she could read~

Comment

Hourly Comic day - There are links to examples from that website, but I'm not sure how sfw they are, but that page is fine. Click further at your own risk.

National Novel Writing Month(Nanowrimo).
          Script Frenzy

It's not quite in the same vein, but what about daily/weekly/etc writing challenges?

A very basic one (which I think I may have learned from the nano forums years ago) is to use this page (from random.org's collection of random number generators) to generate a four number sequence. The goal is to write that many words in one sitting. (I like days when I get 0412 or something, but dread the impending 9999 result.)

I also really enjoy WritingFuel. It's a website that puts up provocative/interesting pictures and photographs. It acts as a pretty awesome writing prompt. :3
          I would EAT THE HELL outta that steak, then try to guilt the cow into dying just for being a cow. I'd be all "NOM NOM HEY COW YOU'RE NOT MEAT YET WHAT GIVES JERK" and then I'd glare and give it the silent treatment. Same goes for pigs and chickens... I would guilt a FLOCK of chickens into poultrycide in a heartbeat. "HEY YOU'RE A CHICKEN HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT"- Madhatte

Comment

If you're stuck for ideas, there's also Serendipity which has a whole ton of generators, I've always wanted to sit down and click each one once and then write a story with it, but I've never had the time...

Ohh, SoFoBoMo looks interesting, but my thesis is due around that time, so I won't be doing it.

Comment

Im not quiet sure where to put this and this seems the best place. Ive heard that April is national poetry writing month. And while i cant seem to find any formal contest website i know i plan on doing it for myself anyways. 1 poem a day. Im gonna assume it can even be a haiku if you desire. Jut curious if anyone has any info or wants to join me on my quest?
              (\__/) "Be amazing"
              (+'.'+)
              (")_(")

Comment

S'what? I just got the NaNoWriMo email. Is it that time of year again? I doubt I'll be participating this year, but best of luck to those of you getting ready to brave the 50k challenge.
                New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

I'm Wrimoing this year and somehow managing to keep on track. Speaking of which, must rush off and work on WriMo!

Comment

How are people going with their NaNos? I haven't been able to participate this year, but I have been doing some writing in November, just to keep in the spirit of things.

Good Luck to those of you competing (and congrats to anyone who has already finished!)

Comment

I started doing NaNo when I heard of it, last July. I just sat down and started writing a novel. If anyone's read WoT, it was kind of based around the concept of being a wolf brother. Then I started again last November. I got exactly halfway through and then I stopped because, er, the house had been flooded, the youngest girl was worse than dead, the father had run away, the mother had gone insane, the second-oldest girl was hypnotized and they were all miserable and living with their grandparents. Then it was like... er, so what do I do now?
                      Oops.
                      I really have to outline a little bit.
                      I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building.
                      -- Charles Shulz

Comment

Did it two years ago and finished - was diong the play, last year, so i barely started... still think i could have managed it, but kept on deciding not too, so i didn't really end up doing it at all. ((Even if only do to continuously pushing back and wondering if i should.))

This year, i'm doing it, and winning!
                        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Nano 2009

Well, I have been reading about Nano for two years now, and finally manned up this year to try to do it. And I did. It was awesome.
                          I highly recommend it for anyone who likes to write for fun, is an aspiring writer, has some time to kill, or has ever thought that they would like to go insane around mid-November.

Comment

Do you know what, illiriam?
                            I think that is quite possibly the best description of NaNoWriMo I have ever heard.
                            I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building.
                            -- Charles Shulz

Comment

This is the first year where I've achieved the wordcount but not finished the book. It feels kind of weird.

Comment

Well, that happened to me too. And it is kind of weird since I'm happy to have reached my goal, but unhappy because I have an unfinished novel. I'm still working on mine. Trying to get my story to end, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X