Writing Challenges - Script Frenzy and NaNo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing Challenges - Script Frenzy and NaNo

I've been exploring the Script Frenzy website, and I think I may have decided to do it, ignoring the fact that once again, the writing challenge is right in the middle of my exam block (why? WHY!?). I am currently plotless, but fingers crossed I can come up with something in time.

I know that we have a bunch of keen NaNo-ers out there, but how many of you are planning on doing Script Frenzy?

i'm planning on doing scriptfrenzy then next time it comes around.. i joined it a month late... *so sad* wow just realized this post was a long time ago.. oh well!
    Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
    Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
    It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
    Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

Delayed posts are fine I didn't get around to doing ScriptFrenzy. I had waywayway too many assignments due - not to mention exams.

Have you had a look at www.nanowrimo.org, and join in the crazy fun that it is in November

Comment

Hmm... I'm going to do that this year, my sister decided to do it too so this should be interesting...

Is anyone doing Nano this year???
        Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
        It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.

Comment

I'm doing NaNo for the first time ever. I actually found Script Frenzy through that--but I've never done that either.

NaNo's right in the midst of filling out college apps. Should be... interesting, to say the least.
          ---
          Interesting (adj.) - Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?

Comment

Hey cool what's your penname?!?? Mine's fairyworld1217, maybe we can be buddies on there! haha...

Comment

kizzyneechan

Anybody else on Nano besides us crazy people?
              ---

Comment

[clears throat]. Ahem.

You guys might want to refer to the Board FAQ. Please remember to avoid posting one-liners, and that one-on-one messages should probably be done in private topics or email. Please reserve board posts for messages that are meant for everybody on the boards. Thanks!
                -----

I did NaNoWriMo last year. I'm not sure I've got the energy/time to do it this year, but it was pretty fun and surprisingly less gruelling than I thought it would be. My only advice to those who want to try it for the first time would be: remember to keep up with your NaNoWriMo project every day. If you can consistently devote time to it every day, it's a lot easier. If you skip it for a few days, it gets a lot harder to keep up with your wordcount goal.
                New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Thanks for the advice!!!! I'll keep that in mind... But on my computer it's not a one liner? Well, actually it's kind of cutting close.... SORRY, I'll remember next time!!!

dai

Comment

Yeah, much apologies.

In order to avoid the one liner that would provide--Does anyone know any writing challenges for fan fiction/original fiction that are particularly up-to-par when it comes to people who READ what you've written? NaNo is all about word number, and getting it done. I was wondering if any challenges are really about the feedback?
                    ---

Comment

I know there is one which is both speed and quality around labor day weekend I think, which is writing a novella (~100 pages)in a weekend (3 days). You have to pay to register but they help you if you want them to make you food if you go to somewhere of them or anything like that to get you not needing to do anything but write. The thing about it is that it then takes the novellas finished and choose the best few and help the people who wrote those clean them up and get them published for them.

My boyfriend's mom wanted to try it this past year, don't think she got to.

Beyond that I don't know.

Oh and I second what Kathy says about keeping up to date, but say it is still possible if you don't. My first year I tried NaNo I succeeded in the last 4 days of the month...in that in the first 26 I got between 2 and 5 thousand words written and got the rest in the last 4 days and managed to finish. It was funny looking at my writing chart compared to others that year (and now I'm being all sad about PM again... he was into NaNo)
                      We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

Yeah this will be my second year. I dont even want to think back to my first year. 5,000 words in. And then the battery fell out of my laptop and it all when down the drain. I lost the motivation to keep working after that. I speak from experience when i save often.

Yeah queen tut, i know what you mean PM turned me on to NaNo to.
                        (\__/) "Be amazing"
                        (+'.'+)
                        (")_(")

Comment

I'm Nano-ing this year, despite - because of? - the fact that it is a desperately stupid move at this point in the semester. But you can't be all library science all the time.

I didn't Nano last year, but I did in 2005 and 2004 - neither time did I finish, BTW, and I'm not going to break my back over it this year either. Just gonna crack out some material and hope some of it is actually readable.

What are y'all planning to write? I'm not doing a novel per se - not in the sense of a 50,000 word extended narrative. My plan is to write a series of one-shots based on word prompts - you know, "Write something with the word 'silver' in it," or "sweet" or "scar" or what-have-you. Sounds random, but they're all going to be interrelated in the sense that they'll be about the same batch of characters. That way if I get bored with one story I can finish it off fast or put it on hold and jump to another without feeling guilty....
                          __________________________________________________ ________________________
                          "Meddle not in the affairs of Orcs, for you are crunchy and we aren't fussy about condiments."

Comment

My outline change every single day. So I don't exactly know what I'm going to write. It's going to be interesting because I just remembered that basketball season starts in November!! I hope whatever I come up with will at least bring me close enough to the insanely amount of 50,000 words. But now, I'm just outlining random stuff that comes in my head.

Comment

PM and NaNo... PM was one of the ones who egged me into doing NaNo two years ago... I hope I can manage to finish this year, because I'm going to dedicate whatever I write to him this year.

(I know this is a bit of a delayed response, but) One of the things that you can do is not only try and write 50000 words, but try and write well, too. In the past NaNoers from here have exchanged stories afterwards. Thats always fun

I agree with tuttle about not having to keep up to date, as NaNo always sits around the same time as my exams - and I need good marks this year. I tend to write as much as I can, when I can. If you can knock 5000 words out in a day, it means that you can have a break the next few

As for what I'm going to write this year... Probably stick with the usual narrative, as I'm not that well versed in many other forms of writing. I'm thinking of, uh, bending the rules a little and writing something with characters that I've already played with and a story that I've already written. It basically needs a complete re-write. I have one other idea floating around though, If I decide not to do that.

Comment

Working...
                              X