No announcement yet.

Writing Challenges - Script Frenzy and NaNo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Nano started 12:00 am this morning how many of you guys got at least 1600 words done?

So far I have around 1400 give or take.

Happy Writing!
    Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
    Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
    It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
    Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

hour and half study hall today so i managed to knock out about 1600 words. That made me happy.
      Thanks to peter for giving me an insperation for my main charicters name. _supposed to be a happy/sad smiley
      (\__/) "Be amazing"
      (+'.'+)
      (")_(")

Comment

I'm dragon_writer there. I'm only at twenty thousand words *Cries* I lost ten thousand a while back, got SOME of them back again, but it really kind of threw me...and now that i allow myself a little editing...*Shrugs* i'll use the break to my advantage though.
        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I'm doing Nano, too, but I'm only at 12,000 words because I'm hand-writing it. Last year I won, but I was on vacation for two weeks this month, so at least I kind of have an excuse for not writing very much... Nano is a lot of fun even if you don't win it.

Comment

*takes on Roshaunianly snobbish accent.* What is this.....Script Frenzy you speak of....?

Comment

Scriptfrenzy is much like nano but instead you write a script. It can be a playwright or a screenplay. The goal is to reach 20,000 words in the month of June. It's completely hectic because that's, for some people, around finals and stuff. I didn't do it last year, but I'm sure going to do it this year....

With my story in nano, I've lost. I only got around 10,000 words and I've already finished! This was only my first year, so hopefully next year will be soooo much better!! I'm Fairyworld1217 there by the way.
              Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
              It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.

Comment

Ugh nano. I have laid mine to rest at 2200 words. Holidays and family crisis are not the best time to write. And i just so wanted to off my main charicter and be done with the sniviling brat. Maybe he falls down a flight of stairs. A banna peel, or a piano would be things for him to avoid in teh near future. Malicious cackle.
                (\__/) "Be amazing"
                (+'.'+)
                (")_(")

Comment

i have an advantage, though it hsan't helped much recently. STill, it'll allow me to catch up with luck. The advantage being that i have a dana wireless from alpha smart, allowing me to write wherever i go and then hook that writing up into a computer and send it in for the word varification.
                  For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I've sort of come to a halt on mine. I should at least be able to cross the 30,000 threshold, but no way am I gonna be able to write the last 20,000 in...3 days? Uyy.

Anyway, here's mine. --> http://www.nanowrimo.org/es/user/54182

30,000. That's better than in previous years. And you know, I think I really could have won this year, only I have work and school and so many projects. I just finished writing a 40 page annotated bibliography on Orcs for my Reference class. It's not even done, not really, but it will do for handing in to my professor, and I plan to continue it beyond this semester, maybe turn it into a dissertation.

My next project is the final assignment for my publishing class, which is another "So You Want to Be a Wizard" paper. Does anyone know who DD's current editor is? I don't think Jane Yolen OR Michael Stearns are at Harcourt anymore.
                    __________________________________________________ ________________________
                    "Meddle not in the affairs of Orcs, for you are crunchy and we aren't fussy about condiments."

Comment

I"VE WON! IT"S MY FIRST TIME EVER AND I"VE WON! *CHEERS* *DANCES* *DECLARES A NATIONAL HOLIDAY EVEN IF NO ONE WILL EVER CELEBRATE IT* *WONDERS IF THIS IS AN EXECIVE USE OF *'S BUT DOESN"T CARE*

Comment

Congradulations Young reader I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to celebrate your new holiday, as I must return to homework, but congradulations again!!!!
                        Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

YAY!! Congratulations YR!! 50,000 is really hard to reach. I didn't get to reach it this year, but hopefully next year will bring great hope!! Yes, we should have a National Holiday for all the winners of Nano!!

HAPPY NANO WINNER DAY!!

haha

Comment

Yay! I can celebrate now! HAPPY NANO WINNERS DAY EVERYONE!!!! Let's celebrate this year's winner Young Reader!!!!!!*pulls out cake, and starts to eat*
                            Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

Happy NaNo winners!! Including myself. ^^

Wheeeeee.
                              ---
                              Interesting (adj.) - Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?

Comment

Congratulations to everybody who made it! I remember the feeling of triumph when I got through it (by the skin of my teeth and at the final hour) last year.

Peter Murray would've been proud.
                                New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Working...
                                X