Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Twilight and New Moon....Anyone read them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah! I miss this place. I haven't been here in forever..or just a very long time. :/

Anyway, I LOVE these books! Crazy is a wonderful way to put it. But truthfully, I liked it when they were less popular...maybe because it was just a warm and fuzzy type of thing I could've kept for myself. Silly me. Books as good as this would eventually get out to the public.

I am going to force my self to watch the movie. I have very vivid images of the chaaracters, and since the poi9nt of vampires is that they are inhumanely beautiful, I highly doubt that they'll get actors to suit that particular trait. Oh well, my friends and I will just have to grind our teeth and bear the agony...*sigh* The movies will almost definitely be disappointing...

Comment

Ahh! I can't wait till I get the books. They are in the email via transit now I think. I hope.. Oh dear, I wonder if they were ordered.. Along with the other 20 books ordered... Oh well. But either way I can't wait for them!
      Love and be loved

Comment

I just finished reading Twilight for the first time (though it was on my TBR list long before anyone here mentioned it).

It was pretty good. I enjoyed it. I expected the writing to be a little better, given how much I've heard about it - not that it's bad, of course, it just could be better. Falls victim to some pretty common fiction writing flaws.

I admit I also expected a little higher reading level, given how big a book it was. I read it all (500 pages!) in one evening. I average 100 pages a day; 500 is pushing it, even for a high day.

All that aside, I did like it. It was entertaining, it was sexy, I felt for the characters.

Interestingly enough, I once started writing a story along rather similar lines. I wasn't that good a writer, so I never finished it, but the similarities were surprising at times.

Blue~

Comment

i'm in the middleish end of New Moon and right now i could just about KILL [<span class="ev_code_white">edward (i know i'm sorry but he didn't have to hurt Bella like that)</span>]. anyway

[--edited to white out a possible spoiler. --kli. If you want to allow spoilers, the thread needs to be retitled with "Spoilers". Cody can do it, or one of the mods.]
          -"Though speach be unlearn'd, The wisdom be earn'd,"
          Cairpre, the bard, The Lost Years of Merlin book 3
          http://inheritanceseries.freeforums....ce41240a2f1add

Comment

Are they REALY good? I've been wanting to read them but I haven't had time to go look for them.... I've been reading other books, just not new ones........does that make me pathetic?

[Moved to this thread, and deleted the other, duplicate near-empty thread. --kli.]
            (\__/)
            (+'.'+) funny bunny!!
            (")_(")

Comment

twilight and new moon are pretty much my favorite books right now... anyone as obsessed as i am should definitely read the 1st chapter of midnight sun (http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/otherp...dnightsun.html)
              and the scholarship
              (http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/nm_outtakes.html)

I LOVE EDWARD!!!
              if you're as insanely cool as me... I'LL SEE YOU AT ECLIPSE PROM!!!

Comment

I LOVE EDWARD!!!
                I have read the first chapter of midnight sun and I find it so perfect, it's great!!! I have Meyer's website on my favourites list. Twilight is my favourite series/book!!! Oh, I love it.

Comment

I'm avoiding reading the first chapter of Midnight Sun, not because I don't want to, actually because I want to too much. See, if I read the first chapter, I will DIE for the rest of it, and I'll end up twitching in a corner somewhere muttering "Edward" over and over again.
                  The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                  I promise not to funfun anymore
                  Be happy cause life is good

Comment

OhhhMiiiiGwadddd. I so wish I had New Moon. Sooo sooo sooo wish I did. It didn't come in the mail like I thought it would.

So, Cress, spare me, because I'm muttering Edward in a dark corner until I get the book. XD

I already sorta know the New Moon story.

SPOILER.. SORTA

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">And Eddie leaves, and then Bella and Jacob get together or something.. And so on. Then Eddie comes back!!! </span>

Eee! I soo need that book. And Eclipse is coming too! And then another! Geeehr!! Wish I had a good bookstore around the corner.. Oh well. LiveJournal has some good Twilight/Bella/Edward communities. :] If anyone was wondering..
                    Love and be loved

Comment

Cress, I am already dying for the rest! I love Edward sooo much, Midnight Sun will be great.
                      Can't wait for New Moon! It comes out tommorrow where I live (Canada). I am soooo excited!

Comment

Ha ha, just bought New Moon, reading it now!!

Comment

Haha...I ALREADY READ IT!!!!!!! Jk. I hope you like it. I like Twilight better, due to a severe lack of Edward in New Moon.
                          The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                          I promise not to funfun anymore
                          Be happy cause life is good

Comment

I just finished reading New Moon! I didn't like how Edward finally turned up during the last 100-150 pages. ... Bella was going hysterical! Turns out that Edward didn't even intentionally send messages to her and it was in her head. And it was so adorable with Edward and Jacab fighting for her. But of course, Bella would never go with him because of his age, but he is way more exciting conversation-wise than Edward. And I hate how Jacob back-stabbed Bella by showing Charlie the motorcycle (what kind of friend is that!).

What I wonder is if Bella will turn into a cold one/vampire, because according to the treaty, none of the Cullens can attack anyone in the area. I believe in the next book, Cullens and Bella will go to the Volt...whatever and change her through them. I just wished Charlie was involved.

Comment

Here's a good fanfic in which Bella becomes a Vampire. Except.. she's not really a Vampire.. But she is.. It's good and there are 14+ chapters. I jsut wen through the process of saving them all into Word and onto my traveldrive. Heh. Took a while. But it's good.

I forgot to put the link. Gahhh And I have to go find the link now. I'm tired. Don't blame me. Actually.. No. no rant.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3370249/1/
                              That should be the link.. If not just find the story "And You Think Vampires Ruled" by EdwardIsMyLove.

Balt, what do you mean by

"But of course, Bella would never go with him because of his age, but he is way more exciting conversation-"

Are you taking about Bella never going with Jacob? I guess you would be with the age thing.. . Heh, I answered my own question. ><

Okay, well, I'm still muttering Edward in a dark corner. And Alison is killing my headphones. Gahh
                              Love and be loved

Comment

Tori: hehe...I've been reading that fanfic for ages! Well, not ages; since like the second chapter. XD Anyway, it was just funny to see the link there.

Balthasar: Erm...your post contains some items that some people may find to be "spoilers." Normally, we white those out, so anyone who hasn't read the book yet doesn't have it spoiled for them.

...What was I going to post here? I really did have something to say about the books...oh yeah. Bella and Jacob. I just don't really think it'd work...it's like they're meant to be best friends; I just can't picture them kissing or being boyfriend and girlfriend or anything. It's just not right; you know how you can tell that some people just aren't meant to be together in that way? Well...they're two of those people, in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X