Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Inevitable topic . Warning Spoilers within.

Well, I finished this in 4.5 hours . Personally I reckon that it was good - better than the fifth one. What do you guys think?
    Major Spoiler Section...
    It was very interesting who the Half Blood Prince was. I didn't guess until the chapter before it was revealed. I nearly cried when he killed Dumbledore too. Although, now that I think about it, perhaps that was what Dumbledore was planning all along - I mean it would give Harry another reason to want to fight Voldemort. I feel sorry for Snape too - and I want to know what happens next! ... I hope its not another two-year wait...
    Snape finally getting DADA was good. He seemed a much 'nicer' teacher while he was teaching that. but Slughorn he's rather slimy.

There was something else that I was going to mention, but I can't remember what - and mum interrupted me Someone else might remind me later..

Alla
    Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; March 21, 2011, 11:04:50 AM. Reason: spoiler tags, rm one smiley

I KNEW Dumbledore (whew, almost said DD) was going to die, I KNEW IT... I TOLD THEM, I did, i did... I KNEW IT!!!!! I KNEW IT SINCE book 4... HAHAHA!! theats what they get for making fun of me when the fifth book came out :P But now i cant say i told you so until they read it... shoot.. i dont want to spoil it for them... but i dont care if I read the spoilers :P

Well, you suck too alla, another person who's already read it :P ummmmmm.... yeah.. now i cant think of anything... *shrug* oh well

AAAHHH! *sreams* *turns blue* *passes out* NOOOOO!!!!!!!1 I JUST FOUND OUT..... amazon didnt order enough HBP books!!! so now they're gonna be delayed!!! ARGH... i could deal with reading it maybe a week late, but, I don't think im going to get it anytime soon... grrrr *CRYS*
    Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; March 21, 2011, 11:05:24 AM. Reason: spoiler tags

Comment

... It's day one! DAY ONE! And you've read it in four hours? I don't even have the book yet!

You *almost* have me tempted to read the spoilers. But that would be like how I found out that <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Sirius died</span> (HP: OotP) before I read the book. And not only was that NOT FUN but it was NOT COOL.

I swear he's not dead. (Still book 5)

*miffed*

This'll probably mean we'll be getting a few more members. Possibly. The HP craze ought to carry over to YW somewhat...
      Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; March 21, 2011, 11:05:53 AM. Reason: spoiler tags
      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

As I said in the ToGR, I read it in 5 1/2. Course alla finished before me anyway because she's in an earlier time zone, right? Well now I can speak coherantly, since it's 1:40 p.m. and my brain isn't almost shut off. I went to sleep at 7 a.m. and slept til 1. Heh.

I hate people telling me BIG things. I don't like knowing who dies or stuff like that, so I refuse to tell anyone until a certain someone comes back from stupid camp!

Like I said, there was lots of romance. LOTS. It was, at some points, no more than fanfic. Fanfic's good, but not the real thing. Because of the new...themes...okay, white out please: themes, aka Horcruxes, introduced, it's just as if some crazed fangirl/boy took the book and invented their own ideas. Kind of weird, and waaay different. OMG my mom is soo cool. She and my brother bought a total of 4 copies, so I didn't have competition. But two of those are coming through Amazon...uh oh. Oh well! I'm finished! But like last time, I'll give Steph one copy for her birthday...stupid camp, she's ALWAYS at camp in New York during her birthday...back to HPB.My brother swears he won't read it until his vacation on the 24th, so I'll be able to torment him. Oddly enough, I didn't cry when HE died. MAJOR SPOILER!!!!

I didn't cry when Dumbledore died. It was unreal, so it WASN'T REAL! But I DID cry when Sirius died.
        On the topic of romance, I love the ending, how Fleur's like "Oh Bill, no matter what I'll love you!" and Tonks and Lupin? Oh, sweet strangeness...I LOVE WEIRD PAIRINGS! And although it's not THAT weird, it's still so cool. I personally adore Ginny's analogy of Ron and Lavender: "Thrashing about like eels..."
        I think, in the next book, Snape will die as he's killing Voldemort. He can't be all bad, right?
        Oh, and I recently found out that you don't say the "T" on the end of Voldemort, so it's pronounced "Vol-de-more." Weird.
        Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; March 21, 2011, 11:06:37 AM. Reason: spoiler tags
        Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
        "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
        "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

OMG! I finished it! See, I got it at midnight, and read it from 1:45 to 3:45, where I passed out because I have NOT got enough sleep in the last week to stay up all night. Then, I woke up at 11:00, and ate. After eating, I read again from 11:30 to 1:00, and finished it. What's that, 3 and 1/2 hours? New record! For me, anyway.

Spoiler: Dumbledore! He was my favorite character, and now he's just gone? Like that? It made me cry so badly, and the neighbors looked at me like I was crazy...maybe I am crazy. Horcruxes...a weird concept. I tried explaining them to Dad a few minutes ago, because he never has and never will read the books, but he didn't get them. I think what Fleur said about Bill was a load of garbage. She seems like too much of an airhead to say something like that. But I have to admit, they make a funny couple. Also, Lupin and Tonks: I was pushing for that when I first read about Tonks. They just seem, so, I don't know! Right for eachother?

Snape: I want to kill him! How could he do that to Dumbledore! I guess he's evil to the core. And HOW could he be the half-blood prince? I don't really think the title is appropriate for the story, the half-blood prince wasn't that important to the whole story in my view...ok, he was important, but I don't think the title should have been that.

End spoilers.

I can't believe the line moved so quickly. I was 192 in line, and I got my book at about 12:25. Of course, I couldn't read it until we got home, so...yeah. Seriously need sleep, I doubt I'll be in here very much for the next few days. I will definitely not be in chime, as I will sound like an idiot if I go in there...like I sounded like yesterday. Read the book! I think it's good.

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry
          Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; March 21, 2011, 11:07:19 AM. Reason: spoiler tags

Comment

You people make me cry. They didn't have a midnight pickup at the mall, so I went to the bookstore at 9:30 AM to pick up a copy.

THEY WERE SOLD OUT!

*breaks down and starts crying* Sold out, at 9:30 AM...
            *cries some more*

Ack. The spoilers.The sheer whiteness! Must. Read. Spoilers. But I can't.

Comment

I bought it, so far I'm in page 81 and reading lol
              Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
              ------------------------------------------------------------
              "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

I'm on Chapter 8 and can't get enough! I'm seriously sympathizing with Draco Malfoy. (And I don't know why.) Maybe because I'm really sympathizing for all of his fangirls. (I don't think this is really a spoiler but don't worry.)

Whenever you guys post "*spoiler alert*" I always end up highlighting the white text and then saying "s***! Why am I such an idiot..." *laughs to self* Now off to more reading!
                penguins will rule the world.

Comment

OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG

I was #2 in line at my local borders (I won the trivia contest, so's I moved all the way up from #16 to #2..the other winner went from #216 to #1. Lucky girl)

anyway, I pulled an all-nighter (well, I took a break when I got home to watch my taped Degrassi) and am currently functioning on sleep from two days ago. whoo. anyway, my thoughts:at first I was totally psyched a'cuz they FIRED FUDGE!!! wootness!!!! I was totally freaking out a Snape, especially since it kinda killed my OTP. ::sniff:: actually, both of my OTP's kinda died in this book...literally (AD/MM) and semi-figuratively (S/H). so I'm kinda bummed and intrigued to see what happens to those particular fandoms next. should be crazy.

this is getting to be completely random...oh well.... I didn't cry when Dubledore died. I never cry- at movies or books. Duhno why. I kinda liked al the R/Hr shipping that went on, when will they jsut get over themselves? oye. But there wasn't anywhere near as much angst this time around, which made me really, really, happy a'cuz I have enough angst in my life ot deal with as it is. I don't really need to read it in my fave books.
                  And it appears I need to go to dinner...mabye afterwards I'll start it for a third time. (I needed to re-digerst this morning after finishing it in less than 4 hours.

vv
                  Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; March 21, 2011, 11:08:01 AM. Reason: spoiler tags
                  PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                  Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

Originally posted by Gryphon:
                    You *almost* have me tempted to read the spoilers. But that would be like how I found out that <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Sirius died</span> (HP: OotP) before I read the book. And not only was that NOT FUN but it was NOT COOL.[/color] (Still book 5)
                    I've read it now (14.5 hours including a nap) and I think spoilers would have... well, spoilt it. Don't read spoilers. Abjure spoilers.
                    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

<span class="ev_code_WHITE"> I have just had a complete utter brainwave! For those of you who have read it and are wondering who R.A.B could be on that note - what if its Sirus' younger brother? Regulus (middle name note mentioned) Black?! What do you guys think?
                      My ideas are that RAB would be an adult wizard who had crossed Voldemort - hold on I wrote it in chat - and wanted to tease/anger him, and he would have had to be mentioned in the series before then. *feels clever now* </span>

Comment

Alla, you're brilliant.

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">They mention Regulus in the book and say he died, but I don't think they found the body. He was a Death Eater though...that might spoil something. I think that's probably right, but I just like pointing out random stuff. </span>

Oh, and the entire evening before I went to the party, I was doing Arithmancy with some HP characters. Arithmancy is where you use the letters in peoples' names and figure out their personalities and things. If anyone wants me to post the results and meanings, just ask!

I'm already writing a HPB fanfic, with all pairings in the book. It's a party for the <span class="ev_code_WHITE"> marrige of Bill and Fleur, with slight angsty stuff and few spoilers. Lots of cuteness with Hermione and Ron.</span>

I won a contest too! There was a scavenger hunt in the library: they gave quotes and hints fron books, and you had to find the book/movie/cd they were from and get the keyword. If you had 16 or 17 of the 17 keywords, you got a five dollar gift certificate. I only got 15, but I went up and they had an extra prize anyway! One quote was "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." Guess where that's from!

Oh, and Zgirl? Not all of those are fangirls, I think.
                        Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
                        "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!

Comment

<span class="ev_code_white">They mention Regulus in the book and say he died, but I don't think they found the body. He was a Death Eater though...that might spoil something. I think that's probably right, but I just like pointing out random stuff.</span>
                          I have more ideas along this line. <span class="ev_code_white"> I'm not saying that Regulus is still alive. Yeah, I accept that he is dead - and that has something to do with the next book - something major. What if he died before he destroyed it? Chances are, then, that the Horcrux might be still in the Black house - or it might have been 'lifted' by Mungdungus, or hidden by Kreacher - or perhaps given to Harry. Although, I guess that the idea that one of the Horcruxes might be the mirrors is probably a little far fetched. Anyway. I think that the Black family will play a large part in the downfall of Voldemort.</span>

Now I'm going to go and see if anyone has posted this particular idea on a HP message board.

Alla

Comment

Originally posted by alla:
                            <span class="ev_code_white">Chances are, then, that the Horcrux might be still in the Black house - or it might have been 'lifted' by Mungdungus, or hidden by Kreacher - or perhaps given to Harry.</span>
                            <span class="ev_code_white">Chapter six of OotP... Kreacher had better have stolen that locket from the sack before they threw it out, or how will Harry ever find it now?</span>

Now I'm going to go and see if anyone has posted this particular idea on a HP message board.
                            Had they?
                            Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Book five, chapter six:
                              "...Uncle Alphard left me a decent bit of money..." Sirius Black
                              <span class="ev_code_WHITE"> Could it be that the name is Regulus Alphard Black? I went back and checked, PM, and I found this quote: </span>

<span class="ev_code_white">"...a heavy locket that none of them could open..." One of many things they got rid of.</span>
                              <span class="ev_code_WHITE">It's very likely that he's the one. Plus, is there anyone else with a last name that begins with B? I told mom about this, and she thought it would work. </span>

Edited to add spoiler protection -- Peter

Comment

Working...
                              X