No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Bloopers!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahem. May I respectfully remind everybody that we don't allow any fiction-writing or fanfic of any kind on this board?

I understand. It's funny. It's a joke. But there are reasons for the rules. You may need to reacquaint yourselves.
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

*reaquaints himself*

Sorry, Kathy, I should have been more-discouraging when asked about it before, but I mis-remembered the policy. Bad mod, no biscuit...
      "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

*is a bit worried about the http://youngwizards.net/eve/forums?a=tpc&f=367601335&m=...281032484#5281032484 topic then* it's also dedicated to bloopers, but it's actually gone on to include young wizards things...and if this isn't allowed, i'm fairly certain that something on the young wizards series itself is NOT good.... *doesn't want DD to get in trouble*
        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, YR. I'm going to delete those posts and the ones here. Kessa Cirtos, Rubywolf, wizy123, youngreader, and spyells, I'll put copies into PMs to each of you individually, so you can keep the text of your posts if you want.

I'm going to leave the earlier posts in, since mostly it was short jokey entries. But if you find yourself writing extended dialogue, I think you've pretty much crossed over into fanfic/fiction writing territory.
          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

I don't feel any of us did anything wrong. And in fact I worked pretty hard on those jokes. The length of the joke doesn't make it a fan fic. A fan fic is a story. I just don't understand this. If it was a problem why didn't anyone say anything sooner?
            Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
            Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

Originally posted by spyells:
              I don't feel any of us did anything wrong. And in fact I worked pretty hard on those jokes. The length of the joke doesn't make it a fan fic. A fan fic is a story. I just don't understand this. If it was a problem why didn't anyone say anything sooner?
              I did. It's called the Board FAQ. You're supposed to read it before you start posting, and adhere by the rules in it. The top-of-the-FAQ rule is "no fiction." Not even just fan fiction. Just fiction writing. Writing your own fiction and posting it here is not allowed, because it can put DD in a tough legal spot and might actually jeopardize the existence of this board. If DD writes anything that even remotely resembles what someone else has posted as THEIR authorship, then someone would have an opportunity to sue her. It's not something DD wants to have to deal with, and so it's easiest just to make a rule that says "no fiction on the board."

If you don't think it's fair, then start your own board and pay for it. Then you'll get to make up whatever rules you want.

Comment

Originally posted by kli6:
                <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spyells:
                I did. It's called the Board FAQ. You're supposed to read it before you start posting, and adhere by the rules in it. The top-of-the-FAQ rule is "no fiction." Not even just fan fiction. Just fiction writing. Writing your own fiction and posting it here is not allowed, because it can put DD in a tough legal spot and might actually jeopardize the existence of this board. If DD writes anything that even remotely resembles what someone else has posted as THEIR authorship, then someone would have an opportunity to sue her. It's not something DD wants to have to deal with, and so it's easiest just to make a rule that says "no fiction on the board."

If you don't think it's fair, then start your own board and pay for it. Then you'll get to make up whatever rules you want. </div>[quote]
                The topic itself is called "bloopers" for a reason it was put that way so she and others would know that if they wanted to read it there would and may be fan fic in the topic itself. there is no point in having this disscusion open if you delete the material in it. How are we suppose to post if everything we post gets deleted.
                its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

How are we suppose to post if everything we post gets deleted.
                  Weelll... if your posts here had followed the boards FAQs and rules, then they wouldn't need to be deleted.

And 'bloopers' could be anything. When I first saw it, I thought it was actually referring to errors in the Harry Potter books or movies. As in typos in the books or mistakes that had been made transferring the book stories into the movies.

And, Spyells, I did mention something on the previous page about it being fanfic. You shut me down, however. So don't say you weren't warned.

Comment

Originally posted by wizy123:

The topic itself is called "bloopers" for a reason it was put that way so she and others would know that if they wanted to read it there would and may be fan fic in the topic itself.
                    The word "blooper" has a very specific meaning: a piece of film in which an actor makes a mistake (usually funny) or something else goes wrong.

There is no way to guess from the use of the word in a message topic that there might be fanfic involved. For all I know, it could have been a discussion of actual bloopers from the recently released Harry Potter film. (In fact, having seen the topic go by, and not having had time or inclination to read it, I thought perhaps that was what it was about.)

And even if there was some way to guess that there was fanfic involved -- well, posting fanfic, or indeed fiction of any kind, is not permitted in the Forums, as is clearly stated in the FAQ, which everybody is supposed to have read before they started posting.

Kathy did right on this one; I back her completely.

Everybody, please go reread the FAQ if necessary and get yourselves clear on what's permissible. There are legal issues involved which make the posting of fanfic here, fanfic from any universe, dangerous for DD. Wilfully posting material that could get DD sued, down the line, strikes me as a poor way to express your appreciation for her work.

So no more of this, please.
                    Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

Working...
                    X