No announcement yet.

Harry Potter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hee hee, they aren't cut off, we're writing in white, you can highlight it and read it, it's so we don't spoil the book for the few people who haven't read it yet.
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

I suppose I ought really to say "Spoiler protected text follows - highlight the rest of this post to read it" instead of making jokes of it being blank until selected.

Earwen: What's wrong with Gary Oldman? I thought he was a good Sirius.
      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Peter, I don't get that either.

All I have to say about this is that I didn't like the fifth book basically because Harry was STUPID. Did everything wrong even when I was at the verge of ripping the page off and threating it to cut it in half if Harry didn't turned back they way he'd come. And to award his book-full stupidity, they killed Sirius by his fault. My favorite character!

I don't know what happened to the author those days, but something did and it wasn't good.

A friend of mine and I found something regarding an error in the plot. I'll try to explain it here...

On the book, they never explain what exactly Tom Riddle did on the second book. I mean, it says that he is just a memory written in the diary of his sixteenth year old self. But if that's true, then if Tom Riddle would've won would there have been two Voldemorts? One of his sixteenth year old self and another one of his true self? The friend thinks that the diary was a way of controlling a puppet-like thing that was Tom Riddle, and that the life he was absorbing from Ginny was going to Voldemort. Not to any memory. But that couldn't've been so, because at that time Voldemort couldn't've planned anything since he was very well hidden in Albania, and the one who put the diary in Ginny's hand was Malfoy, which was clear that he had had no contact with Voldemort since Voldemort fell because of what he says when he sees Voldemort in full power again. Things like "It's impossible." and Voldemort saying that the only true Death Eater had been...
        So that's the thing, either two Voldemorts, or one absorbing the power of the memory and both probabilities can't be possible because of an ovbious error in the plot.

And there's also the matter of Voldemort knowing that Harry beat Tom Riddle and saying it in the way as if the one who Harry had beaten was himself. How did Voldemort know anyways? He hadn't talked with Malfoy. Maybe the son of Barty Crouch?

We don't know but one thing's for sure. There is an error in the plot burried between layers and layers of characters and happenings...and none of us know how to solve it...

(Liked my speech?
        Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
        ------------------------------------------------------------
        "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

M: I was very confuzzled there.

I wasn't that crazy about Sirius(please don't yell at me *cringes*). He was okay, but I didn't love him. .

Comment

Oh dear, who is Poot bothering now?

I think the Riddle in the diary would have become real from absorbing Ginny's life, and there would have been a 16-year-old Tom Riddle and a 66-year-old half-dead Voldemort. And no Ginny.

I can't find where Voldemort mentions Harry beating Tom Riddle, only the part of CoS where Tom mentions Harry beat Voldemort. Which book, and where? Oh, and which version of the book - I'm looking at the UK's Bloomsbury editions.

Comment

It's on the fifth book part, when Voldemort regains his power and starts talking to Harry he says once something like this:

"...and you (a word here I can't find now) again in your second year..." something like that. It's on the fifth book, the cemetery chapter.
              Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

There's a cemetery in the fourth book, but I can't find any reference in that to the events of CoS. Which version of the book? Which publisher?

Oh, and my favourite book is CoS, in case I haven't said that yet.

Comment

Did you notice in the 5th book when Dumbledore was talking to Harry at the end it said..."James Potter's oldest son." So maybe HP has a sibling?
                  penguins will rule the world.

Comment

Hmm. My version is the "Arthur A. Levine Books, An Imprint of Scholastic Press." All of course, US edition. I had a copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. Which I thoroughly enjoyed the spellotape/sellotape comparison. Of course, here in the US, sellotape is referred to as scotch tape, due to a brand name thing. I like knowing the UK translations.

As for the reference from GoF, it's on page...oh dear...this may take a minute...

blah, I give up. Maybe it was in OotP. Point is, I recall the mention too.

Forgot:

The scholastic covers bite. They're really lame. Because they make it all happy. And it's not. It's terrible and depressing.
                    http://superdrea.net/

Comment

My faviort is the third book and movie.
                      As for the plot being messed up, I like Harry Potter and everything but, I just think its a major rip off of Lord Of The Rings. If you don't belive me, read the first few chapters of LOTR and you will see. And, what exacly is Poot!? Everyone says it but I still don't know what it is!!
                      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                      **Neets**
                      CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Sory, I went off topic, here didn't know there was a 2nd page when I posted, I was still on the first.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                        **Neets**
                        CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Z...

Where exactly does it say 'James Potter's oldest son?' I don't remember anything about that and I even re-read through it to make sure. I don't see that it says anything about that. Hmm.... strange. If you find it, lemme know which chapter.
                          -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                          The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                          I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

Chani: You checked the Scholastic edition, presumably? And I can't find it in the Bloomsbury edition.

This is getting very strange.

Apparently one of Kit's worlds in Alone was a parallel Earth where different editions of the books exist, and Diego and Z have somehow got hold of those.

Still, it makes the discussion more interesting!

Comment

Oops, sorry Peter. The publisher is Scholastic. I'll try to find the page later and sorry again, the thing I said Voldemort says is on Goblet of Fire not on Order of the Phoenix.

--I read LOTR and Harry Potter and didn't find Harry Potter a rip-off from LOTR. The only thing ripped off I found is the Dementors, from the Nazgul of course.
                              Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

But does the Nazgul suck out your soul? I thought he was just powerful and invincible?
                                *Agent~M*
                                "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                                "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                                "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                                "I could live

Comment

Working...
                                X