No announcement yet.

Harry Potter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, one of my friends told me what the title was, and that JKR had said the Half-Blood prince wasn't Harry, Voldemort or Riddle. So my guess is that it's a new character.
    The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
    I promise not to funfun anymore
    Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• yeah exactly
      Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
      ------------------------------------------------------------
      "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• Well, who else could it be? What other characters could logically be considered a 'Half-Blood Prince' and are important enough to be in the title?

My friend said something funny. She said that it couldn't be Harry (even though I knew that JKR had already said it wasn't) because then the title would be just like saying Harry Potter and Harry Potter. Get it? I thought that was funny.

Hmph. I don't like how all the major adult characters who are at all likable seem to have been in Gryffindor. It's not the only house, you know! And the Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws aren't evil or anything. House unity!
        *Ella*
        "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
        There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
        And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
        What could mean more than this?"
        --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Maybe Seamus Finnigan? That was a half blood right? Or was it the other one?
          Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• Hmph. I don't like how all the major adult characters who are at all likable seem to have been in Gryffindor. It's not the only house, you know! And the Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws aren't evil or anything.
            Nor are the Slytherins!!

Anyway, what about
            -Flitwick and Sprout
            -emmeline vance, Kingsley Shacklebolt, etc (*sigh* Okay, yes, not v clear but...)
            -Andromeda Black (She was a Ravenclaw, right?)
            -All the other adults whose houses we don't know.

Now, remember... *waves flag* houses have nothing to do with good and bad! There are good Slytherins and there are bad gryffindors; Peter Pettigrew illustrates that point most, um, efficaciously.
            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Originally posted by db_pr:
              Maybe Seamus Finnigan? That was a half blood right? Or was it the other one?
              Seamus and Dean are both half-bloods, yes. Though you have to read JKRowling.com to find that out for Dean - and he hasn't read the site himself, so he thinks he's Muggle-born .

What? He does!

Tui said:
              Andromeda Black (She was a Ravenclaw, right?)
              I don't remember any hint of that. Must have been bad for her at home if she was - I'm assuming both her sisters were Slytherins.
              Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• ROFL, well, maybe it's one of those!
                Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• Hey y'all!
                  Sorry I haven't posted in so long. I've been swamped with work (yes, you heard right, I have a paying JOB!) and homework (sadly, I still have summer assignments).

Anyway, I think that the HBP is either Dumbledore or a new character. It makes sense that it would be Dumbledore because I think that Harry learns more about his mentor in this book. (I also think that Dumbledore snuffs it in HBP )
                  A physics geek
                  And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

• DUMBLEDORE CANNNOT DIE! IF HE DIES I"LL KILL JK! BTW, DID YOU GUYS KNOW THAT PM'S BROTHER IS A DENTIST AND IS JK ROWLING HUSBAND? HE'S ALSO POISONING HIS WIFE...
                    Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• I don't remember any hint of that.
                      Oh. *scritches head* Maybe I imagined it. I often do.

You know, we don't actually know that the Black parents were complte and utter bastards. except fo Sirius' mum. But think about it, they must have loved their children. They probably wouldn't have, you know, disowned them for being Sorted elsewhere than Slytherin. Being Sorted into Gryffindor, yes, probably, but Ravenclaw?

I think the HBP is one of the Founders. *shrugs* because... I don't think it should be a real character, a person; I think it needs to be more symbolic than that.
                      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Originally posted by db_pr: BTW, DID YOU GUYS KNOW THAT PM'S BROTHER IS A DENTIST AND IS JK ROWLING HUSBAND? HE'S ALSO POISONING HIS WIFE...
                        What? This PM? Peter Murray? So does that mean you're related too JK Rowling?
                        I'm so confuzzled!
                        penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Misquote from Diego because I didn't want to copy shouting :
                          Dr Neil Murray isn't my brother, I don't have a brother. As far as I know, I'm not related to him at all. He isn't a dentist, he's an anaesthetist. He is JK Rowling's husband - one fact right! I doubt he's poisoning her.

However, their son did get christened David Murray, and David's my middle name . I hope the third kid doesn't get christened Peter Murray! (Yes, that does mean my Christian names are Peter David, like a certain Trek, B5 and comics writer .)

And then Tui said, without shouting at all:
                          You know, we don't actually know that the Black parents were complte and utter bastards. except fo Sirius' mum. But think about it, they must have loved their children. They probably wouldn't have, you know, disowned them for being Sorted elsewhere than Slytherin. Being Sorted into Gryffindor, yes, probably, but Ravenclaw?
                          Poor Sirius, since he was a Black sorted into Gryffindor.
                          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• LOL, I know, PM. I was just joking.

I do think he's poisoning her, though. Otherwise her books couldn't've turned to crap so soon.
                            Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• LOL!!!

Oh Diego! You are so funny! And didn't we have this discussion in chat yesterday or the day before? I can't remember.. the days run together for me.

I don't think that JKR is being poisoned... but I am with you on the don't kill off Dumbledore!
                              -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                              The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                              I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

• Considering jkrowling has said that HBP was the origonal title for Chamber of Secerts and that several bits were cut from that book to be used in the sixth, I'm guessing it's Godric Gryffindor or Hagrid as they are the only two characters in the book who are both important and fit the description.

Comment

Working...
                                X