No announcement yet.

Harry Potter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes Tonks looks like a hufflepuffer to me SHE ROCKS!!
    Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• I'm knitting a hufflepuff scarf right now. It hurts my fingers..... --''

Comment

• i like rubber knitting needles. they hurt less.

vv
        PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
        Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

• Ok, this is a bit off the knitting topic...if Tonks is able to change her appearance constantly, how do we know what she really looks like?
          I have difficulties with Gravity.

Comment

• PM:
            Umm, why can't you look like a character with long hair? Susan Bones (the book, not film, version) has a long plait down her back. Others have long hair too (he said vaguely).
            Hey, VC! You could be Dumbledore!!! *dances* Well, actually I'm kinda kidding.
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• *shrugs* I always assumed Tonks was Griffindor, like all the other members of the Order.
              Tui, I though J.K.Rowling did apoligise. Or at least on a T.V. programme shown just before the launch of Order she siad she felt really bad for killing him and she didn't want to do it. Or, at least, something like that anyway.
              The scarves sound cool. Shame I can't knit.

Comment

• I don't really like that most of the order is in Gryffindor... like there are not other houses that don't like Voldemort or his Death Eaters and wouldn't want to be in the Order. It just seems strange to me, that's all.

Tonks is also related to the Black family. It would be interesting to know if she ended up in Gryffindor like her cousin, Sirius or what other House she was in.
                -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

• I think she's in Gryffindor. Did it say anywhere? I don't get why everyone loved Sirius so much. I didn't like him THAT much.
                  I promise I will use no more fun funs
                  The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                  Be happy life is good

Comment

• I think the only members of the Order who the books definitely say were in Gryffindor are the Weasleys and Dumbledore. Mrs Figg can't have been. JKR's confirmed in interviews that James, Lily, Remus, Sirius and Peter were also in Gryffindor, as was Hagrid. Snape certainly wasn't in Gryffindor - Sirius says he was a Slytherin.
                    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• ARGH ARHG. I can't believe a guhy like Peter was in Gryffindor! Of course, he'd had to be to be Sirius's friend but...TRAITOR!!!
                      Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• Actually, I'm not sure that Hagrid was in Gryffindor. As far as I'm aware, JK Rowling has only confirmed that he wasn't n Hufflepuff. (Although he hardly seems Ravenclaw or Slytherin type, so it seems lgical he was in Gryffindor)
                        "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• Various online chats/interviews:
                          <A HREF="http://www.quick-quote-quill.org/articles/2000/1000-yahooligans.html" TARGET=_blank>
                          Yahooligan_seachellie4 asks: What house was Hagrid in?
                          jkrowling_bn: Hagrid was in Gryffindor, naturally!
                          </A> <A HREF="http://www.quick-quote-quill.org/articles/2000/1000-scholastic-chat.htm" TARGET=_blank>
                          Q: Which house was Lily Potter in, and what is her maiden name?
                          A: Her maiden name was Evans, and she was in Gryffindor (naturally).
                          </A>

I don't seem to have made a note of the URL of the one in which JKR said that all four of the Marauders were in Gryffindor.

Comment

• This may be a bit off your current topic, but i was on the Barnes and Nobel Bookstoors webpage and one of the headlines was that JKR had chosen the name of Hp6, Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince. But what makes me Question it's truthfulness in the fact that there in no news of it on the offical web site??
                            "Before God we are all equally wise-and equally foolish."
                            "It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education."
                            "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
                            "If you are out to describe

Comment

• Look harder. Click on the newspaper showing the item about JKR's third child, and you'll go to the news section, which includes an item about her announcing it.

The FAQ section (click on the paperclips) also mentions the name of the sixth book.

It's also had a few mentions in this site, even though DD hasn't read the books .

Comment

• Half Blood Prince IS the official title. IT WAS IN THE OFFICIAL SITE. You just have to get the secrets of the site: http://www.jkrowling.com You have to get the secret of the door. If you open the door, and get through the brick wall. It'll show you the title.
                                Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

Working...
                                X