No announcement yet.

Has anyone read books by Tamora Pierce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone read books by Tamora Pierce?

I have read about 17 books by her in order, but when I ask someone if they have read it, they eather don't like the books or have never heard of them.
    I am in eighth grade and I am many times made fun of because I am a book worm. I have read over 1000 books since 3rd grade and people think I am crazy. I love fictional books. I also read very fast. I have read books with 500 pages in only 2 days! geez I feel very silly.
    my heart in in my hands...yuck!

ive never heard of the books but i am like u in the bookworm sense lol i sat down and read the 6th harry potter book in 2 days lol. but what are those books about i mite look into them always looking for something to read
    wouldnt life be boring if you didnt have something to accomplish?

Comment

Never heard of Tamora Pierce, I'm shocked. I don't think I've ever gone through and read all 27 in order, as such, because I'm not such a big fan of her Emelan books, but I like the Tortall ones (SOTL being my favourite).

Snow Ear, Dai stihó and Welcome to the forums Most of us her eare bookworms of some description, and are fast readers. I am Alla, one of the Australians that appears here every now and then I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Comment

Ooo. I luff her books! I've read the Immortals series at least three times, and then random quotes pop into my head and I have to go look 'em up in the books... Yeah, I own...how many? *runs upstairs to count* Twenty two! And as for the reading quickly, I do that, too. My friends would always make fun of me for reading what they called textbooks 'cause they were so huge. I read the Wheel of Time series, where each book is somewhere between 700 and 800 pages...I think. *shrug* Many of my friends are bookworms, too, so I can force them to read my faves.
        <3
        the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

I've read all her books but the newest and the compilation of short stories, and I like pretty much all of them. They're easy reads though, so I don't read them much lately. I'm trying to be a good little girl and read challenging literature like Jane Austin and Charles Dickens and Shakespeare. Which aren't exactly massively challenging, but they're definetely better written than Tamora Pierce.
          The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
          I promise not to funfun anymore
          Be happy cause life is good

Comment

I've read every single one of her books!! And don't worry, you're not the only bookworm here! Don't know how many I've read, but I own over 200 and read HBP in 12 hours *G*
            "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

I've read maybe eight of her books, maybe more or less. My favorite was the Immortals, too, Angel_star, and I've probably read each book more than three times each too! I also read the some Circle of Magic series, and some of the Tortall books. She's another really good author!

Comment

I love Tamora Peirce, even if they're *fluffy*. :P I have 13 of her books, and I've read a few more. Like Alla, my favorite series is Song of the Lioness. And this is the author that got me to set down SYWTBAW when I first started reading it.
                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Personally, I'm a Circle of Magic(then Circle Opens...Circle Reforged...) person.

I like Trickster's Choice/Queen too...
                  Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
                  Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

What is this Circle Reforged thing? Is that the newest one, The Will of the Empress? I haven't read that! URG!
                    The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                    I promise not to funfun anymore
                    Be happy cause life is good

Comment

OMG! I love her books. I think that at the moment I've read every full book that she's written. I mean that I've read every book that's published under her name and only her name. I bought the latest book The Will of the Empress and it was soooo good, but I think that it was a little short. I really like books that are as big or bigger than my biology book, but alas, it doesn't quite make the cut... lol
                      I'm a happy person. Do you know why? Because happiness is an excuse everyone understands. Life is full of surprises, but happy people takes them in stride.

Comment

Gryphon said:
                        I love Tamora Peirce, even if they're *fluffy*
                        Yup. Me, too. All of her characters are Mary Sues, but I like them anyway. I prefer her Tortall books to the Circle books, though.

Alanna used to be my favorite, until I read the Protector of the Small books. I like Daine and I like Aly, too, but Kel is my favorite. Part of the reason I like her, I think, is because she doesn't have magic, that she really does have to do everything herself.

Also, she's the only one of them who doesn't find her one twoo wuv by the end of her series. I like Numair, Nawat, and especially George, but not everyone finds their "true love" at the same time that everything in their life falls in to place. It's a strength of the book that Kel doesn't.

hedwigsangel - Your avatar is too big. We're only allowed images that are 100x100 pixals. Could you please put up a smaller avatar?

Blue

Comment

Tamora Pierce
                          I have read and love her "The Cirle Opens" quartet, "Circle of magic" Quartet, and "Immortals" quartet!

PS: I too havnt heard of cirle remorged
                          ~~~
                          No Comments...Wait, that's a Comment!

Comment

I rather like Tamora Pierce's books...but at this point in my life, I've read them too many times to keep track (something odd, like 50+) and have to put them away for awhile. As a result, they're behind...some other books on my bookshelf, can't see which ones, and don't want to go find them. But whatever...

Bookworm=me. I read massive amounts of books, usually somewhere near 200-300 a year, which is sort of sad, considering how much other stuff I do in addition to that. Very sad...it's also sad how fast I read books...but who cares. Not me...I'm too tired to care.

Comment

I have never read these books. However as a fellow lover of the YW series, I will try them, as I am only on the fourth in the YW series. I do highly recommend the Magical Kingdom of Landove series.

Comment

Working...
                              X