Collect books much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love books

I'm so far away from my book collection right now, but not counting my comic books and I have boxes of those ... I have loads of books, probably a few thousand. Duplicates in some cases :lol: I can't help it. I love books.

I don't purposely go looking for first editions or special editions either, but if I run across them and I do try to look for them first I get them. If I already own a book and I run across a copy with a new prettier cover, or illustrations or something ... then I will get the new prettier book for my collection and then I end up owning multiple copies of a title.

I love series books, too. Like Harry Potter, and obviously the Young Wizard's books of which I was collecting the covers by that guy who did the cover with the dragon and Nita and Kit are on the other side of the pillar *can't remember name*. When they moved to the new book covers with the real images (which I hate, well except for the A Wizard of Mars one which looks cool) I kept collecting them, the series won't match but *shrugs* I just love books. I read them. I collect them. I love them.

Comment

I have approximately two thousand books. Right now, I don't have any bookshelves, and I need to get/make some, so I'm trying to figure out how... Any ideas?
      Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

Bookshelves

I have approximately 3500 books (cataloged on Librarything.com - check it out! Avid user here). I use Elfa shelving from the Container Store - there's a top bar that gets screwed (firmly) into the wall, then standards hang from the top bar and brackets fit into the standards. They sell shelves but I just use 2-foot planks - poplar mostly (tougher than pine, cheaper than oak). It's not _cheap_, but for what it can hold, and the near-infinite adjustability, I'd say it's worth it. Of course I bought mine gradually - every time I get a free wall and some money at the same time I get some more Elfa. Right now I have 2 1/2 full walls of it, all full of books...and it isn't enough, I have books in boxes too. Amazing how those things breed...

http://www.containerstore.com/elfa/index.html - I use the solid shelving brackets and 'easy-hang' standards.

--
        jjm
        --
        jjm
        May you live as long as you will, and love as long as you live!

Comment

Ah, I love LibraryThing! I have a CueCat, too.

I wonder if there's anywhere like the Container Store in my country... I'm not in North America. Thanks, though.
          Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

The last shelf I added I made from a suitable length of pine, which turned into a shelf and four brackets. Not a task for everybody, and I'm sure others could do the job better, but it works. I'm also on LT, and have an app on my Android phone which helps in cataloguing...
            -- Rick.

Comment

Working...
            X