Book Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Swap

Okay, there's this thing that me and my bf used to do, it's where you "swap books" kinda... You can make someone to read a book of your choice and then they get to make you read a book of their choice. It's supposed to help us find books to read when we're bored. But if you guys think it's a good idea then NO new releases!! Otherwise the person is gonna have to buy a book, and most new releases are expensive. Only books that you can get or order from your library.
    Good idea? Or no?
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Good
    idea
    Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

Good idea. I'll go for it, if others will...
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

yea! You like my idea? Happy!
        *Agent~M*
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
        "I could live

Comment

I think it's a great idea, but the only problem is that I have like 4 books in my must-read list.
          Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
          ------------------------------------------------------------
          "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

*snort* You're lucky. How many times have I said that? ..... Lots.
            *Agent~M*
            "I could live

Comment

Cool idea!! But I have like 6 books on my bookshelf that I MUST read soon. *grr* Plus I just got a new one. I'm excited about it though!! I finally found it, Stravaganza City of Stars!! The only copy too.
              ~Sam (Hifun55)~
              Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
              HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
              My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

Why does everyone have a book to read and I dont'? *grumbles* I have absolutley nada...
                *Agent~M*
                "I could live

Comment

We want to do it but we just don't know how. How about we set certin times for when we do it and all of us keep that time open.
                  *Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
                  *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
                  *Many have come and go

Comment

I love the book I'm reading at the moment. It just probably won't fit many people's tastes. It's called This Lullaby and its by Sarah Dessen. Anyone read it?? So far the characters just jump right out at you, you can imagine what is going on. It's a really cool book. More like a girly book though. Actually I'd recomend it to anyone who likes that kind of book. So far (I'm only on page 153) it's really pretty good!!
                    ~Sam (Hifun55)~
                    Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
                    HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
                    My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

I can always use another potential book to read, it certainly couldn't hurt. If I may, I would suggest Stephen King's 'The Gunslinger', the first book in his Dark Tower series. Very good, and seems to be the unofficial focus of all his stories.
                      *Awaits book ideas*

Comment

Never heard of either of those.
                        Tanis: It's simpler than that. I know that Gryphon REALLY wants ppl to read Crusader, and I really want her to read To Visit the Queen, so I could just ask Gryphon to read To Visit the Queen, and then she could make me read Crusader in exchange, if she wants to. Which she might not cuz she didn't like TBONWM... But if it gets someone to read Crusader, she probly will.
                        *Agent~M*
                        "I could live

Comment

How about we do a random drawing. All we would have to have is the books that we want to read and a list of ppl that want to proticepate.
                          *Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
                          *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
                          *Many have come and go

Comment

That might work..... *shrug* either way, I think it's a good idea.
                            *Agent~M*
                            "I could live

Comment

I'll do that. *Grumbles* Can't I read some other book??? Please? PLEASE??????????????

Aug fine. To Visit the Queen for Crusader. Crusader RULES!!!!!! Heh. I just swapped it for Tithes, though. My friend just finished Tithes and she said it was great. So the day after next, we swapped Crusader for Tithes. And I love it!!! (We didn't swap the next day because we both forgot to bring our books to school)

So... aug, I have to go to the library! Tonight or this weekend then. Okay, it's
                              *--Crusader by Edward Bloor--*
                              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Working...
                              X