No announcement yet.

Book Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hero and the Crown rocks. I read it, and read The Blue Sword too. They all rock.

Hey M. I just got an idea.
    Instead of doing it here, you could make a Book Swap page at Avid Gamers. Like The Circus but organize it all. Like instead of "Magician Tent" you put "Fiction". It will be better because it won't take DD's bandwith, and it'll be better organized. What do you say?
    Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

Uh NO!!! Circus doesn't work on my computer! I think it's kind of a better idea to do it here or mabye ask Sam to do it on WhiteForest.
      penguins will rule the world.

Comment

Here's my swap list:
        1.Pendragon
        For:Princess Diaries.
        If anyone else wants to read this book they can feel free because I lub Princess Diaries. (Boys won't like this book trust me.)
        penguins will rule the world.

Comment

No I don't mean delete the circus and change it. I mean make a whole new opage on Avid Gamers.com
          Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
          ------------------------------------------------------------
          "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

Ooh, a bright 'n' shiney new idea! Well, not really. But it was fun to say. And this does sound like a good idea, and I'd participate but...my life is rather hectic right now.
            Yeah.
            Pointlessness.
            My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
            OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
            --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

I'm in. Put my name on the list, whoever runs it up...

who is going to do it?? I will, if no-one else will. This seems like fun... and I agree with Dave, we should force people. Sign up, and someone write down the names of whoever signs up, and then when someone puts down a new book they want people to read, put that book on the list next to the name and swap it over, right?
              Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Diego, it's a good idea but I don't think it'd work. For one thing I think the Avidgamers ppl are trying to make ppl pay for creating sites now, and avidgamers goes really slow for some ppl.... It's kinda complicated but we could try it if anyone else wants too.
                *Agent~M*
                "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                "I could live

Comment

I liked the Hero and the Crown, but not the Blue Sword. I hated the person she ended up marrying in the Blue Sword! And it was all kinda stupid. They went through all this stuff to have what? Harry didn't do anything. It was her stupid sword! Yeah, yeah, it was the same sword that was used by Aerin, but do you think that matters? Harry did NOTHING!!!!!!! Raaah!

Sorry 'bout that. Sometimes I get mad at books.

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Tui, read the Belgariad by David Eddings. It's a five book series, if that's okay. The first book is the Pawn of Prophesy I think.</span>

Umm, how about no avidgamers? Z says she can't log on AG. Instead people, please no oneliners, and, if you can, delete your old messages in this topic and put the important stuff in a more current post. That's to save bandwidth or whatever. Tons of messages hurt more than fat messages, k?

Tui, what do you want me to read?

Oooh! I can go to the library now! Next time will be maybe next week.

AgentM: Crusader (Edward Bloor) ~ To Visit the Queen (DD)
                  Tanis: The Hero and the Crown (Robin Mckenly) ~ Ancient Ones (TA Barron)
                  Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Um, I believe Tui has already read Eddings. In fact, I think she once said that that was what she STARTED her on fantasy, in the first place...

Gah! My thumb is tweaking! Can't move mouse! Twitch, twitch, clik. OOps!

The library on a sunday? * Rysade wants to be wherever Gyrphon is!*

I'm starting to think of some books that would be very interesting and some books that I don't want to read (or maybe want to but can't bring myself to read). I might post a list or something later.

Comment

Aug. Okay then. Not the Belgariad. Have YOU read the Belgariad??? That's good! Hmm... Mort or Reaper Man by Terry Pratchett?

I just went to the library. To Visit the Queen I ordered. But, Tanis! The Ancient Ones came out DECEMBER!!!!!!!! None of the libraries have it.

My library is only open for a short bit on Sundays.
                      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Ooh! This is a great idea! Put my name on the list! And it would be fun to force people. *rubs hands together evilly*

AAHH! You didn't like Pendragon! Those books are great!

For my book swap, someone swap with me for Enchantress from the Stars. I just finished it, and it's astonishing. It's SO thought-provoking, I actually continually stopped reading it to THINK about it. Someone have one to swap with me?
                        *Ella*
                        "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                        There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                        And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                        What could mean more than this?"
                        --Bright Eyes

Comment

Nobody's done this, so I will. I've Made a List. :O Do you know how rarely I make lists?? Anyway, I've listed them like this:
                          Name Title Name Title.

The first Name is a name, and then the next title is the book they want others to read. The second name is the person they're swapping with, and the book they want people to read. If there's no second name and title, no-one's swapped yet.

Agent M To Visit The Queen --- Skitty Crusader.

Tanis Pendragon --- ZGirl Princess Diaries 1.

Skitty The Hero and the Crown --- Tanis Ancient One

Skitty Pit Dragon Trilogy --- Ella Enchantrss from the Stars

GodMageMajere The Gunslinger --- Tui Looking for Alibrandi

There are still several people who want to swap but haven't left a title behind to swap with:
                          db_pr
                          Sam
                          Rysade

Also, I know Skitty wants to swap with me. When she thinks of something I haven't read, I'll swap something with her.
                          Oh, Looking for Alibrandi is by Melina Marchetta. it may be a little hard to get a handle on... tell me if it is and I'll do another one.

If you want to swap something, post a title (plus some comments, etc, so NO one liners) and I'll put you up. Uhm, it would also be nice if you could mention if the book you want to swap is rated too much above G... Because I know that might bother people, so just having some advance warning is good. *is very age-conscious*
                          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Okay, sign me up. I don't have to do any essay-writing or class-related spooge for the next couple of weeks, and my list of books is getting thin. I'm also avoiding having to fix the weed-eater.

The book I propose to have someone read is The Eyre Affair, by Jasper Fforde. Time travel, loads of literary references, criminals, and the yanking of characters out of classical literature. I found it a hoot, and I take no responsibility for the author's terrible puns.

p.s. I reserve the right to request another book if I have already read the one suggested. So there.
                            "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                            "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

Originally posted by Skitty:
                              Aug. Okay then. Not the Belgariad. Have YOU read the Belgariad??? That's good! Hmm... Mort or Reaper Man by Terry Pratchett?
                              Oh man, I've read: The Elenium, the Tamulii, The Belgariad, The Series After the Belgariad and The Redemption of Althalus. It's safe to say I have read Eddings. I've read Reaper Man and Mort too. Many others by PTerry too

Haha. Meteorite. Why would we force you to read something you've already read if we have to suffer through "the author's terrible puns?" <span class="ev_code_red">Your'e reading a book you don't want to read, understand!?</span>

Uh, sorry bout that.

Alright, I'll need a title to swap with someone. Now, keep in mind, I have lots to read, but when I finish, my swapping title will be:

(we can swap non-fic, right?)

The Art Of Seduction - Robert Greene

This is not what it sounds like. Ever heard of Machiavelli's The Prince? This is like that. Power through social and emotional manipulation. Probably the strangest book I've ever read three times.

Comment

Oooh ooh... There was this good book that I read from the library once. I meant to check what it was on my last visit. But I forgot. I dunno the AUTHOR OR THE TITLE. Not good.

Hmm... Db_pr, have you read the Wish List? It's by Artemis Fowl. READ IT.

Tanis, give me a different book. I might be able to pick it up at the bookstore sometime, but it was too new for the library. December 2003, they said!!!

Tui umm... ummm... ummmm...
                                Uhoh. I'm having trouble thinking of a book... The Count of Monte Cristo? (or whatever it's called by whoever)

Sam: Amazing Maurice and the Educated rodents by Terry Pratchett!!! Do that one.

I think I'm going to have a lot to read now......

Comment

Working...
                                X