No announcement yet.

Television

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hehe. Who was it that had the 'oh-my-god' quote in their signature? That was funny.

I would just like to take this opportunity to say that Desparate Housewives is a weird show. It only took me five minutes before I got so sick of it that I changed the channel. COME ON There has to be something better than that to show on TV! Anyways we have new Simpson's eps coming tomorrow night, so that should be good

*ponders watching Starsky and Hutch again...* Look, you can see how bored I am!

Comment

• Lisa: I've never been able to watch Yu-Gi-Oh, but then, I was addicted to Pokemon, so that probably explains it. :-)

Alla: I like Desperate Housewives, but yes, it's kind of weird. Still, it's nice to have some shows that don't involved police procedurals or forensics ala practically every other non-reality show out there. And I like that all the episode titles are song names.

I am so not-able-to-wait for the Smallville episode, "Krypto." The episode title pretty much says it all.
      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• heh. I can't believe this. Channel 7 (the station that is showing Desparate Housewives here showed it two nights in a row. The last time that they did that was for the first series of 24! IMHO, 24 was waaaaaaaay better.

Smallville...??? COOL! I can't wait for it to start showing again here. I bet we're about three seasons behind here - or something like anyway. Lessee... the last episode here was ... I can't even remember.

WHOOT new Simpsons Episodes!!! And I missed half of the first one But anyway... must go reruns call!

Alla

Comment

• In the UK, Channel 4 is showing Desperate Housewives.. they did a triple bill last Saturday night, which I watched to see what was allt he fuss is about. However, they are showing episodes at 10pm on Wednesday without repeats, which is so not a good time for me. *Wailing and gnashing of teeth*
          "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• I never really watched Desperate Housewives. I'm not sure I'm allowed... But I watch Huff and the ocasional The L Word which is definately not for kids... Yea, but I don't really want to watch Desperate Housewives. I never thought it was going to be that good for some reason... I'm not exactly sure why though...

But CSI will never leave my list of favorite television shows. Or Degrassi.

Polie
            From your friendly neighborhood wizard, Poliester.

Comment

• My favorite show is Extreme Home Makeover. It's great. I have thousands of favorite movies though.
              "A positive attitude might not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"
              "How are you today, missus Darcy?"

"keep holding on" avril lavigne

Comment

• yletch... I hate 'reality' TV! What is wrong with good old fashioned storylines?

OMGOMGOMG!!! SBS is showing the Gedeon Burkhard episodes of Kommissar Rex again! *gets tapes ready* - this is a German Police show about a dog. Its cool. And it helped me to no end with my German at school!

Comment

• One of the channels here in the UK is going to broadcast a programme this evening investigating whether the book The Da Vinci Code really does have any basis in fact. I haven't read it, but this programme sounds interesting, if a bit long (2 hours, 10 minutes).

It's presented by Tony Robinson, who played Baldrick in the TV series Blackadder, for those of you who have seen that. He presents quite a few history and archaeology series now.
                  Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• AHHHHH!!! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING! Lost is like Jurassic Park meets... meets ... meets I don't know, but whatever it is, its weird. OK (spoiler follows)<span class="ev_code_WHITE">The plane crashes -about 1000 miles off course we find out for some random reason later so there is little chance in them being rescued. Also the plane looked rather beat up - and there were 48 survivors and the FX people were having fun with explosions. Now I thought that that would be too much for a Lord of the Flies sorta thing, but no. The three -main I assume (one of which is Merry from LOTR) - characters go running off to look for the cockpit, which is ages away for again some unknown reason. Not only this, but there is something that sounds uncannily like the T-rex running through the bush chasing people around and throwing them up into trees and eating them. I was waiting for a portaloo to show up, just for the whole eaten on the toilet thing to happen, but that, unfortunately never came. But anyway. I will continue ranting as the series progresses.</span>

Alla

Comment

• I've always just assumed that the island in Lost simply has the power to manifest whatever someone thinks or wishes to happen. That there are folks who want to be marooned on a desert island, and there are folks who wanted to survive.

[possible spoilery stuff: <span class="ev_code_white">Also, the polar bear in the comic book becoming the polar bear on the island. Locke becoming the great white hunter in complete tune with nature. Jamie kicking his drug habit. Sun wanting her husband away from her father, etc.

The big danger, however, is that we've obviously got a few homicidal and insane folks running about on that island as well...</span>
                      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• What is wrong with channel 7 here? At the moment they're showing a 'special encore presentation' of Lost and then after that they're doing a SECOND encore presentation of Desparate Housewives. Come on! I know that there are people out there who like those sort of shows, but there has to be something else that they can show for those of us who see how ... strange those shows are.

*channel surfs* Lessee.. We have 'Bedazzled' and 'The Untouchables'. One of those will do.

Alla

Comment

• Alla, I think it's the insanity of ratings. Lost and Desperate Housewives are the highest-rated shows that ABC has. Hence the repeating-into-the-ground mentality of the networks.

Also, it's February sweeps, right now. For me, that generally means everything I like goes into repeats for a while, and the networks are flooded with stuff I never wanna see...

Y'know, I swear that for the entire teaser, I thought that I'd accidentally recorded Medical Investigations instead of Numb3rs (they were tracking a case of Pandemic/Spanish Flu with the CDC). I'm actually enjoying this show more than I thought I would. Great cast.

Comment

• Bump.

Can you believe it? Amazing Race 7 next week!

I'm also cracking up over Smallville again. Not only did they do Superdog, but now they're really getting into the parade of LLs. (Next up: Lucy Lane).

BTW, anybody else watching Veronica Mars? Alyson Hannigan is going to guest star tonight!

Comment

• I know this show is so completely over, but does anybody watch Buffy? The only shows I watch on a regular basis are ER and West Wing. I can't watch Buffy cause it's at like 11:00 at night, and my mom always gets mad at me if I want to stay up and watch it. So annoying. OH! I am SO watching The Apprentice this week because Barenaked Ladies are going to be on it! SHZA!
                              The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                              I promise not to funfun anymore
                              Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• My friend started getting me to watch Inuyasha, (On cartoon network at 11:30 Central on Saturdays.) It's okay but it doesn't seem like the most wonderful show in the world like everyone makes it out to be...
                                penguins will rule the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X