No announcement yet.

Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... Chamber of Secrets really scares me. my gbest friend spent half of the movie laughing hysterically because I was jumping out of my seat next to here. >.< I still think that was unkind of her. (The other half was also laughing hysterically at truly terrible scripting, but I was laughing with her then so that was OK.)

Speaking of remaks, I heard they're remaking Pride and Prejudice. With I think it was Brad Pitt as Mr Darcy.

UM, EXCUSE ME??? Hello, Colin Firth, Colin Firth, Colin Firth! NO remake is possible. *makes annoyed noises*
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Oh tui...

I am so with you on that one. LEAVE PRIDE AND PREJUDICE ALONE!!! Probably one of my favorite movies. *sigh* I have seen so many versions of all the movies done about Jane Austin's books and sometimes the new ones are better. Persuasion was done in the 70's I think and I really prefer that particular rendition to the one done a few years ago with Amanda Root. The newer one was considerably shorter, but they took so much content out that a lot of the real anguish was lost. I am probably more particular about that book, it being my favorite of the four.
      -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
      The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
      I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

You've already seen it? It doesn't come out until 2 weeks here! Tell me all about it. Could you give me a review. I need to know!!!!!!
        penguins will rule the world.

Comment

Z, who are you talking to? And about what?
          -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
          The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.

Comment

I'm talking about Tui about...ARGH! I thought she said Prisoner of Azkaban! No fair...
            penguins will rule the world.

Comment

I actually kinda wanna see that one... Azkaban I mean. And I really wanna see Shrek 2!!!!! I liked the first one! Troy, NO! I hate Brad Pitt and I hate Orlando Bloom. Orlando Bloom is the new Brad Pitt, Brad Pitt is in his forties so all the stupid people are like "ooh!! Orlando Bloom!! Marry Me!!!!" *chokes* blech blech blech. And all the guys in my class are obsessed with the "Olson Twins" and Hilary Duff. *chokes again* BLECH!!!!!! ARGH!!!!
              *Agent~M*
              "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
              "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
              "I could live

Comment

Diego--(spoilers turned white) <span class="ev_code_white"> any version of the Trojan War where they kill off Agamemnon in battle is NOT true to Homer, and completely screws up the ENTIRE Oresteia from even happening, because Agamemnon has to get home to be murdered by Clytemnestra to set the whole trilogy in motion.

Killing off Menelaus screws up the Telemachiad and thus the Odyssey, but we won't go into that.

And of course, if the Houses of Atreus don't go through all this blood and thunder stuff, then it makes Dune and the Atreides continuation-of-the-line completely meaningless.
                </span> (end).
                New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Okay...Jeniffer Aniston wins Hillary Fudd and the Olsen Twins any time!!

Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                  ------------------------------------------------------------
                  "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

Ooh.... Does Diego like Jennifer Aniston? She's actually not a bad actress....., she's good on FRIENDS
                    *Agent~M*
                    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                    "I could live

Comment

Yeah she's cool.
                      Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

Ahh.. Diego.

She is cool. Is that all you have to say? How about Jennifer es muy bonita!!!? Much better.

I like Jennifer. ('course she is more mature and more my age.) Hilary is okay. I'm not really enamored with the Lizzie stuff. Mary-Kate and Ashley need to *star* in something worthwhile to watch. They are really targeting young 8-12 year olds and their movies are a little cutsie for me.

I never went to see LOTR in the theatre. (I don't do 3+ hour movies) We watched about an hour of it last night. It is finally getting good. They kind of make Gollum a little too sick in the beginning. Ahh well. Still a good movie.

Just so everyone knows.. on the HP soundtrack for POA, the song I have (along with many others) been refering to as Something Wicked This Way Comes is really called Double Trouble. It came out yesterday in the US and I picked it up. I am surprized, it is good... better than I would have thought. I like that the music changed with the style of the movie. You can really tell that this movie is going to be different from the first two. I am excited. Liked the first two, but thought that they tried too hard to be 'authentic' to the castle age. This story is supposed to be modern, taking place in our time. Why not make the movie more modern? 9 days and counting.

Comment

lol...I was gonna say that...

Double Trouble? That sounds like a movie the Olsen Twins should star in . I don't like them much. I'm gonna go download the song. I have downloaded like 4 trailers and if you go to my website, you'll find a link to a japanese trailer (in english with japanese subtitles) that's the best one yet. It has more scenes that every other one. I loved LOTR in the teathers! It's better there.

About the first two movies, I didn't like them. For me, it didn't have the little parts that made the books what they are. It didn't have the characterristics of the Harry Potter world. Only the most important parts. But I think this one, with the mexican director, will be better than the first two. I've read reviews of the premiere too that said it was better. Too bad the director is gonna change yet again for the fourth movie.
                          Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

The change in directors was a necessity, if they were going to get the movie out by Nov. 2005. I heard that they were going to do pre-preduction for the 4th even before the 3rd one was finished. I hope that they get the director for the 3rd one to do the 5th one. There are many scenes at the MOM that are really cool and I hope that they get someone with great vision to make them come to life.

Comment

MOM?
                              Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

Yeah... MOM or maybe it should be MoM... The Ministry of Magic.

Hey.. what is up with your forum... wouldn't let me log in and then wouldn't let me post as a guest. Hmm..

Comment

Working...
                                X