Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What?!!! No Recess?!!!!!

When I was ten we had recess.

Maybe they changed the policy in the last five years.

*shrugs* oh well

Oh, db All may be chicken,

but the only thing we can be certain of is "There is no spoon"

-MBF
    ---------------------------------------
    YW Chat room link. http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/ Type in nickname and #youngwizards for channel.
    "in remembrance of Peter Murray,5/16/06,dai stiho

Comment

Ahh... the wonderful confusing world...

I'm a year younger than everyone in my grade, cuz I skipped a grade, so I'm a little bit more innocent than other people in my grade. I remember when I was 10, I didn't even know what "going out" was. My English teacher said something the other day, and I thought it was really profound. She said that when you reach a certain point in your life, you have to start "weeding your garden" and get rid of people (not really, cuz that'd be murder) that judge you.

I just thought that was really profound. And I know it's really hard to try to distance yourself from "the popular crowd" because you still want to be accepted by them. hmmph, I should know... But in the end, you'll find friends that appreciate you for who you really are (gives huggles to my 2 best friends who are totally the greatest) and don't care what you wear or how much makeup you put on.

I kinda rambled there, but I hope that helped!

Sker'
      Nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak! --Albus Dumbledore

I <3 Jamie Lawrence!!!!!! *squee*

Comment

Posted by Hungry:
        In my school, I'm considered strange because I've never had a boyfriend, or even gone on a date. As far as most of my classmates know, I haven't even had a crush (they are SO wrong...I'm just quiet about that type of thing.)
        *nods head in agreement*

Look, you're ten. Think about it: Traditionally ( well at lest it was) girls don't really care about looks until they're around 13 (just an estimation).

You shouldn't really buy into that stuff, you still have pleny o' time to be a kid (heck, I still run around playing tag or hot chocolate, or the best, freedom)

Somehow, I don't think your friends are really into boys. Girls in my class aren't really (I'm in 7th grade). I mean, they go out with people, but I don't think they really realize what it means to go out...the most I think a few o' them have had close to a date was going to the school dance.. and that's not really a date a t all.

Eyeliner? ^^ meh. If she likes make-up, whatever. Her choice.

Look, all I'm saying is, just don't worry about this kind of thing; you'll be ready for it when it comes. (or at least as ready as every other girl).

No go outside and play some tag!

*begins virtual game of Freedom* Anyone in?
        just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

Hehehe I hardly remember being 10.

Right now I am 19, and I still have not dated or kissed a boy, altough I have had several crushes. (Technically this boy asked me out when I was 11, but he was just joking...)

My mom let me start wearing makeup when I was 15, and I wore it for 3 years before I got sick of it. So now I don't wear makeup anymore, and it's so much more convenient. From 15-18 I had really bad acne, so I had to wear makeup to cover it up. But then I took this one drug for 6 months and it cleared up, so now I don't have to wear makeup (I still have a little bit of acne, but it doesn't matter anymore.)

Growing up is always hard, but it gets better after awhile. I consider myself grown up now, although I still act like a kid sometimes...
          ~Rachel

Comment

Mel:
            Look, you're ten. Think about it: Traditionally ( well at lest it was) girls don't really care about looks until they're around 13 (just an estimation).
            Around there, yeah. The age when we're really interested in guys doesn't have such a narrow range. Some girls can go years not understanding why their friends are crazy like they are or why they obsess over guys so much.

XD As you grow up, don't lose hold of your childhood. XD

I don't worry about make-up. Neither do most of the girls at my school, so I don't feel pressured.
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

hehe I'm 13 and in the 8th grade and a lot of the girls at my school are obsessed with boys-but not me! I have never accualy kissed someone before. When I was about 6 I kissed my best friend Alex in his driveway. Then when I was 7 this kid named Brandon kissed me which was weird-I didnt like him much. I used to ware makeup when I was little just for fun, but I don't ware it anymore!
              Dai stiho cousins
              ~~~Ezra

Comment

Originally posted by Rad:
                Hehehe I hardly remember being 10.

Right now I am 19, and I still have not dated or kissed a boy, altough I have had several crushes. (Technically this boy asked me out when I was 11, but he was just joking...)

My mom let me start wearing makeup when I was 15, and I wore it for 3 years before I got sick of it. So now I don't wear makeup anymore, and it's so much more convenient. From 15-18 I had really bad acne, so I had to wear makeup to cover it up. But then I took this one drug for 6 months and it cleared up, so now I don't have to wear makeup (I still have a little bit of acne, but it doesn't matter anymore.)

Growing up is always hard, but it gets better after awhile. I consider myself grown up now, although I still act like a kid sometimes...
                And I'm in about the same boat. I'm 18. I've had several crushes, but I've never kissed a boy, or dated anyone (or gone out with anyone). People just mature at different rates. Also, personally, from watching experiences with friends and their boyfriends, I think that they're overrated until you have the time to actually go places with them and such (like _after_ you've finished school). Again watching my friends get boyfriends - sometimes it has made me jealous - like along the lines of 'What am I doing wrong? How come guys don't look at _me_ that way?', but then I remember that I always tried my hardest to be "one of the guys" rather than "one of the girls". The politics of a group of guys are much more simple than the backstabbingness of a group of teenage girls.

As for makeup - I can apply foundation. And thats just guessing how to do it. I hardly ever wear it, 1) because I hate the feel of the stuff, and 2) because if you can't get the attention of a guy yourself - without any makeup and so on, what's the point?

Growing up is an experience that you don't want to miss. Sometimes, I think I got "mature" far too quickly. Well, I don't think, I know. At school, I was always trying to hide geekiness, for while you weren't exactly bullied for it, it made it harder for you to be accepted. Now I'm at uni with other people who share my interests (and intelligence) its a lot easier to make a fool of myself. MUCH easier - and its fun

Alla

Comment

Alla:
                  As for makeup-I an apply foundation. And thats just guessing how to do it.
                  Lol...I can't even guess how to put the stuff on. Today at school I saw some preppy-ish freshman wearing so much makeup and American Eagle clothes I thought I'd puke. Grr...I don't have anything against American Eagle. Just people who wear all American Eagle, all the time...

I was always the geek at school. I still am the geek, for example, today I cut my lip on my braces during choir, didn't notice it, and while we were singing this big drop of blood falls off my lip and lands on my t-shirt...so I walked around all day with a big splat of blood on me. Makes me look even weirder than I already do. XD I guess you just have to learn to laugh it all off...which I'm not good at, but I'm getting there, especially after cross country.

I thought it was better to be younger, because I didn't know about different...I don't know, stereotrypes like jock and prep and geek and stuff like that. I just thought everyone else was too loud, and I was perfect. XD I was a bit naive when I was younger...because now I know that I was far from perfect as a kid. Anyway...I prefered my sheltered young life to the life I live now...which is not as sheltered as my parents think (how can you live a sheltered life at a public high school? It's not possible.)

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

The problem is that we are exposed to lots of things a lot earlier than we should be.

There are always things in the paper and on television which change things.

Because I'm probably what you would call a 'bookworm' I kind of stay away from stuff like that. My friends constantly talk about it (I'm 13) and most of the time just nodding and occasionally commenting in conversations like that is enough to get them off your back.

If you're not interested in stuff like that, then enjoy it. Being innocent is fun.

Comment

Lol...I can't even guess how to put the stuff on. Today at school I saw some preppy-ish freshman wearing so much makeup

I know what you mean LOL! THere is this girl in my 4-H club, she's a freshman, and she was wearing WAY TOOOOOOOOO MUCH makeup!! She looked so unnatural. It's like she tried to make herself look tan. It was Weird!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Dai stiho cousins
                      ~~~Ezra

Comment

people keep telling me that i am the ultimate nerd. I dunno. I only keep 10 books in my bookbag. all dd's books and 1 starwars book, and the current book that we're reading for school. I'm already finished with the book for school we got it yesterday. It's called To Kill A Mockingbird.

I'm now reading these three books. Star Wars Wraith Squadron, To Kill a mocking bird. and Wizards Holiday.

The people kinda think i'm weird but not really they'll ask me questions about what book i'm reading now. I've had my fair share of crushes. I'm far too shy however to ask the girl out. meh.
                        ---------------------------------------
                        YW Chat room link. http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/ Type in nickname and #youngwizards for channel.
                        "in remembrance of Peter Murray,5/16/06,dai stiho

Comment

Mythbusterfan, you just made me feel better about how many books I have in my bag at school. *huggles* Don't worry, someday they'll all be your minions at a big company or something, lol. XD Don't worry about asking girls out, the time will come when it seems right to do it.

I LOVE To Kill a Mockingbird! Great book...

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

I find the whole thing stupid. I'm 12, still have no interest in boys (Well, at least not REAL boys...-_-). And, the only makeup I wear (Every once in a while) is nail polish or lip gloss. Just do what you wanna do.

Oh, and the Girl Code thing is something that makes me laugh. XD
                            Oops

Comment

I have to admit i LOVE makeup. But i dont go crazy with it. I just wear like lip gloss and mascara. I dont like blush(whats it point?) But i will glob eye liner on if i feel like it. Id say the same thing as Shea, do what you wanna do and wear what you wanna wear.
                              Byebye tori
                              Love and be loved

Comment

im a strong belever in girl code. its true and if u dont listen to it peoples fealings could get hurt.. i guess thats what girl code really is. trying not to hert your friends fealings. and little hint i wouldent do the makeup thing most girls end up looking like bad... really bad
                                life sucks then u die

Comment

Working...
                                X