No announcement yet.

Growing Up!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with me its a little diferetn about the whole growing up thing. i have five older sisters so i knew about "stuff" at a very early age. and they all went through puberty at an early age. and so did i. i had facial hair and armpit hair in the 4th grade. very embaressing, since i was so young. everyone would make fun of me. but now iam in the 8th grade and iam 13. girls love guys that are hairy. lol. its true. i think you grow up when you hit puberty. thats when you will start likeing guys and stuff. thats when i started anyway. well not liking guys but girls. anyway. you dont have to worry for a while.

Comment

I for one will go for moderation and balance. I think everybody should be able to grow up at their own rate, which is exactly why I don't like to judge younger girls who want to start acting like older girls. Personally, I wouldn't have done that when I was 10, but I'm not going to pass judgement on them. Did anybody here have older siblings? Usually you look up to them and want to be like them. The same also goes for friends who are older than you are. Kids can learn by imitation, so they imitate people older than them because they admire them. I'm not too hot on the idea of a fifth grader wearing eyeliner, but the times, they are a'changing, and they sure are changing strangely.

On the subject of boys, well, boys are a natural part of a girl's life. Everybody moves at their own speed. I was slower than some girls in my school, but faster than others. Littler girls probably imitate older girls who like boys. I guess I've led a sheltered life XD but in our area, younger girls don't really get too serious about boys, it's sort of like they're just playing dress-up, and trying on a new personality to see how it fits. And about makeup, I think there's nothing wrong with it every once in a while, but too much can look very strange anywhere other than a street corner. I still haven't figured out how to put on eyeliner or blush, but I wear a little makeup every once in a while if I feel like it. But again, I like balance, and I never much enjoy going to any extreme- on anything.

-Dee

Comment

Originally posted by joe:
        girls love guys that are hairy.
        I am so apalled, disgusted, sickened, revolted, nauseated, and revolted, that I can think of no cutting remark.

I agree with shea and cassi. I don't care what people think of me, in terms of social stuff, like cliques or whatever.... but i am really offended by some of the things out there in the world. It's difficult to get away from. However, I disagree with cassi tht you should just kind o f nod and say mmm hmmm... you just try to keep away from people like that.
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by neets_wiz:
          <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joe:
          girls love guys that are hairy.
          I am so apalled, disgusted, sickened, revolted, nauseated, and revolted, that I can think of no cutting remark.

</div>[quote]
          Lol, it doesn't get any better...but you eventually learn that guys don't mind being hairy, so you just have to let them. Also, today in Health we just learned that all the hair is to soak up all the excess sweat they make during puberty. *cracks up* Puberty is...funny/weird/crazy/annoying/the bomb.

Ok. Umm...don't remember if I posted here, but I have new views on growing up, so it doesn't really matter. So...growing up basically stinks. All your friendships with the opposite gender sort of tend to disappear, or become more awkward. Guys don't realize anything about a girl's feelings anymore. You cry a whole lot more. You realize that by the time a girl's 14, she's at her adult height (usually) and won't get any taller (which means I am not growing 2 more inches like I want to...I want to be 6 ft. XD) Friendships change, you make new ones with people you could have never imagined yourself hanging out with before. Even so, you learn so much about yourself because you are changing so much. Trust me, I'm almost through puberty at this point, I know. So, in conclusion, growing up is all change, right? Well, it's sort of preparing you for all the changes that occur in adult life. So. Here's my rant, inspired by Health class today. XD

Comment

All your friendships with the opposite gender sort of tend to disappear, or become more awkward. Guys don't realize anything about a girl's feelings anymore.
            Well, I don't know about the other guys here, but throughout elementary school, I had two friends who were girls: Mary-Beth who was in our geek clique and then Melissa, who was one of the most awesome people I've ever known. Everyone liked her. Actually, now that I remember her I'm going to have to go find my elementary school yearbook and see if she has a myspace. Anyway, I've disgressed. I went into middle school and pretty much _all_ of my old friendships dried up, and while I found myself mostly hanging with guys then... right now pretty much every last one of my friends is female.

Is that weird? I mean, I know I have my reputation as a flirt, but it's possible just to have friends. For example, one of the members from here is on a trip, and several hours ago (out of the blue) my phone rang and I got to talk to her. It was nice just being able to hear from someone. Not everything has to be about relationships just because of "the change."

As for the hair thing: You say that now, but if a guy were to shave something other than his face (like his armpits), most people would consider him weird.
            ---
            seabiscuit1009: there is nothing wrong with getting snogged by Andrew

Comment

I have friends that are girls, both romantic interests and not so. Some guys are aware of girls' feelings and just don't know how to respond to them...while others do indeed have no idea.
              Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
              Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

hey little hint for all the guys.. flirt with her be romantic. if you dont it will be not fun.
                life sucks then u die

Comment

Hey, Princess. Luckyduck, I wish I were still that young! OK, so I'm not that far off- 13- but still, at 10 I was...sort of innocent. Anyway. Here's my advice:

Make up: Wear it if you want to, or not. I personally think it's a hasel, except for in plays, but girls at my school do wear a little, even though we're not supposed to.

Boys: Some of them I do understand and most of them I can talk to. If I know them. I think that at first it's easier just to be friends. You aren't as uncomfortable around them. Then, there's the ones that curse every ohter word. Idiots. Ignore them.

Growing up: Frankly, the concept of growing up to me seems very far in the future. I even once asked my mom how old I was and she told me 3. Well, yeah, thats me. Hyper as anything. Smart as anything too.

So, that's my advice. I really just believe that no matter how old you are, just act the way you want to. I've found that if you're confident, more people tend to like you, than if aren't. Even then if you end up saying something stupid, you can laugh it off, and everything will be fine.

Drama_Queen

Comment

I've never had a boyfriend, either. I've just never been interested/haven't met anyone I like enough. And then the question, does doing that sort of thing really make you "grown up?" I know plently of people who are quite "experienced" but who are immensely immature.
                    And the Dragon's song, so wild and strong,
                    Fell from the sky like rain
                    Upon my soul; which, watered well,
                    Bloomed with a joy no words can tell
                    Where once was a dusty plain.

-A verse from the Song of the Winged Ones

Comment

Wow. You guys sound just like me! I'm fifteen, and I've never had a boyfriend. In my school, going out is not necessarily a requirement to be "cool" and "popular," but the people who do have boyfriends/girlfriends are very proud of it. As for me, there's no one I've ever liked enough to go out with. I have ABSOLUTELY no idea how to use makeup, either. It's just not me. So basically, I agree that you just have to be yourself, and whatever that is, is fine.

Onua: I know what you mean about "experienced" people being immature. In my grade, most of the people who are experienced are much more immature than a lot of the people who have no experience at all.

Edit to self: Is my avatar fixed yet?
                      -------------------
                      "I found the pieces in my hand/They were always there/It just took some time for me to understand"

--Vertical Horizon, "I'm Still Here"

Comment

Hm, Growing up for me. I live on a boat, but when i was younger i was always like "guys are like really coool" Most of my friends were guys. I was just more of a sportish type other than a girly girl back then. But now, im 12, and im striving for more soical-ness. Sadly i have to wait forever more. Its horrible. I walk down the street and theres couples. It KILLS me. I get all sad and think about how much i hate my life with not having another guy in it. I have had boyfriends. Its funfun. lol. Weird, i am. But you meet all these cool guys, but tsince they have lived on boats, they are totally unaware of girls, which is also very annoying. I had posted on here before, but i didnt state much so yeah.

But like wise to what Neets_Wiz said, "Girls like guys that are hairy" EEWWWW!
                        I mean, no offense, but like, i dont want some hairy guy being my boyfriend. Its just..hairy! Lol

Sea, Puberty being the bomb, uhh no.not funfun, not even fun. Its horrid. Wait, you're 5'8 as well? Coool, no one else is 5'8, now we're s-p-e-c-i-a-l...lol I wouldnt mind being 6ft. I still have a year to go. So i might grow, hopefully.

Ack, who thinks its sad that I have to go to bed the same time as my sister? Cause i hate it. And shes been having bad dreams, and she has to sleep with me, which is annoying. I have been reading each night from like 10:00 to 12:00, and i'll get about 120 pages through, then i turn off the light to go to bed, and like shes right there breathing my air and taking up 3/4 of the bed!! Rant, sorry. lol

Tori
                        Love and be loved

Comment

tori - what time is your bed time? i had a 800 bed time till i was 12 then when i turned 13 i got a 900 bed time. now that im 14 my dad finaly aggreed to let me go to bed whenever i want as long as its not like midnight... hey at least u dident have a bed time on weakends untill recently mine was 11.... lol i still stay up and read a cupple hours each night. recently i have been going to bed at like 1030-11 but when i go to bed i stay up reading by cell phone light(bad for your eyes.. i allready need glases) till about 2 am.. im weird.. i know it.. lol

on the thought of harry guys....EWWWWW thats grose!!! icky!

im 5'8 also.. well almost 5'9 but i can never remmber.

on the point of makeup. i dont think it's wrong to wear it but when u see the 5th and 6th graders wearing it all it sucks, i guess teh main thing is to wear it in porportian and not looking like a ...u know....

on the point of guys. i was allways intrested in guys even in like 3rd grade. most of my friends like dident even like guys till they were older. i think the main thing about guys is dont pretend that u love them if u dont. and dont stay with them if u dont want to or if they dont treet u right.

on the point of most everything else like someone said BE YOU if you be you then u dont have to worry about anything... well they prhoased it better but w/e
                          life sucks then u die

Comment

Tori: uhhhh...I was 5'8" in about the 7th grade. I'm 5'10" now that I'm almost through with tenth. Sorry, just had to correct that...I hate being thought of as short, so...yeah. XD I know, it's weird. And puberty rocks. Trust me, I'm almost through with it, while you...no offense, but you're younger than me. You don't really have the experiences I've had with puberty and life. Of course, we can't really compare lives, since we both live very different ones, but there are some experiences everyone has as a teenager (which, technically, you will be in...47 days?) that you probably haven't had yet. If you have had them, I'm a bit worried. Puberty rocks, once you're almost done with it and realize what it means. Trust me.

So...guys. On this subject I have one more thing to say, so that the whole post isn't just...I don't even know what the above part is, and I hope I'm not offending tori with it, because I'm not trying to, so please don't get mad at me or anything. Guys are...ok, so last night I went to a major league baseball game with some friends, 3 girls, and 1 guy. This guy happens to really like one of my friends, and she knows it. It made the entire 9 innings very awkward because he was there. So, I'm just saying that while guys are great and all, you don't want to...I don't know how to put this, but don't get obsessed with them. Or let them get obsessed with you. It can ruin great friendships; on the other hand, I've seen it build friendships. I guess it's different for everyone, but for me and my friends, it tends to ruin friendships, which is something we don't want to happen.

Comment

Please. You think 5'8 is short? I'm 4'10. Yeah, and my doctor thinks that it's probable that I don't even reach 5 ft. Ever. It's not bad now, cause I'm 12, so, who cares? I like being short. My mom tried to 'make me feel better about it' by saying "Short girls can date both short and tall boys"

1- Does height matter in relationships? -it shouldn't
                              2- Do I care about dating? -No. I mean, the guys at my school (most of them) are complete idiots, trying to impress people with stupid stuff, but no one's impressed. The only thing that they're serious about is sports/video games. Psh. Who needs em?
                              -----------------------------------------------------------------
                              Today I saw cancer, cigarettes and shortness of breath. This is why I walk to the ocean. Swim with sharks and jellyfish. I may never get this chance again. This is why if you want to

Comment

I'm kind of a mix of all of you. See I'm in 7th grade and pretty much every girl in my school has had a boyfriend by 7th grade. If you haven't then you're either really weird and geeky, or even worse, considered to be a lesbian. And knowing me (the odd ball) It's almost the end of the 7th grade school year and i have still not had a boyfriend. That was untill exactly 3 weeks ago. See there was this guy...nevermind. Thats another story (which I do belive alot of you know). Anyway i broke up with him not to long after. But he was my first and only boyfriend.

But(and this may just be me)I am tottlay boy obsessed. It's accually kind of stalkerish. lol. But thats not everyone. I can name three girls off the top of my head that go to my school that arnt boy-obsessed. So everyones different. And I dont waer make up. If I do then all it is is alittle powder. So yeah. wow. I'm starting to ramble so im going to shut up. lol
                                Don't take life so seriously- you wont get out alive anyway.
                                I just got lost in thought…it was unfamiliar territory.
                                If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?

Comment

Working...
                                X