No announcement yet.

Growing Up!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hehe...my brother is doing his puberty unit in school this week, and it reminded me of this topic, and someone had already resurrected it from the bottom of the top of the pile! Lol.

My views have, once again, changed since last I posted here. Of course. I am apparently fickle minded. But still...

Apparently, according to Health class, I'm almost through with the physically growing part of puberty. Which sort of stinks, because I was hoping for another 2 inches so I could hit 6 feet, but whatever. THat's off point. And you know what? Puberty doesn't matter! Yeah, it's a time of big changes, but really? We're changing our whole life. Why do the changes during the teenage years have a special name? Yeah, they're big changes, but still...I'm just sort of trying to rationalize life right now into a nutshell, and it's not coming out in a way you guys will understand my thinking. Oh well. I tried XD

Angel_Star: I like that verse, I've never heard that before. I'll have to keep that in mind...lol, I'm not a preachy sort either, but you know...sometimes there are just good quotes there that you want to keep in the back of your head for future reference.

Comment

well on the topic of guys.. i think from the last time i posted i will have a different view... so guys... where to start? well first they seem to always be looking for 1 thing.. all of us girls and most of u guys know that by now. but the thing is.. if your gonna say you love someone mean it.. i am so sick of guys lieing to me about that. i mean come on. for the most part im not preticlary into guys. i have liked 1 person since 6th grade.. or was it 7th.. no clue but anyways when a guy breaks your heart and uses the lets just be friends.. well thats better than some stuff. and give the girl time after you break up.. and 1ce you r broken up then dont flirt.
      life sucks then u die

Comment

Yes, silverfishariel, all guys are just looking for one thing, all guys are evil, all guys don't mean it when they say they love you, all guys lie to you, all guys break your heart, all guys don't give you time when you break up with them, and all guys flirt with you after you break up.

Sounds like a pretty sad world. If I lived in that world, I'd kill myself.

---

All humor (and sarcasm) aside, I apologize for the sins of my gender. Yes, most of them are looking for one thing, which sucks, but considering it's a basic biological hunger, I feel it's unavoidable. Most people are just subtle going about trying to attain the need, while others are...significantly less so.

If you're sick of a guy lying to you, find a better guy. Not all guys are liars, and some of them may actually love you when they say they do. People change, though, and if you're looking for a guy that will love you now and forever at your age, I think you have a long wait. Stable, lasting relationships usually don't happen before college, even if you're one of the lucky ones. There are no prince charmings nowadays that are 13 or 14 and will pledge to stay by your side now and forever...and no girls either, actually. So it's a problem on both sides of the fence. On our side, we have to put up with girls use us to hurt other girls, something guys generally don't do - we just punch each other out. Being used hurts more than someone telling you they love you and not meaning it, I would think.

Gee, that sounded depressing. What I meant to say is that neither guys nor girls are completely bad, even though a lot of people of both genders are evil, heartless, and just out to hurt people or fulfill an urge. But most of the time, if you get hurt, it's not intentional, so you shouldn't have a terribly negative view of the other gender even if you are wounded deeply by what they did/said/acted. You just have to keep your heart open and accepting of wounds until the knight in shining armor or fair lady comes along - after all, there still are a few out there, and closing your heart just ensures you'll never give them the chance that they deserve.
        Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
        Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

She wasn't saying that all guys are like that. She was just saying that some are, unfortunately. Some do things that they shouldn't, but I think that it's not always because they don't care. I know for a fact that Zach never wanted to hurt me, but he hurt me more than any guy ever did before. I think it was more of us not understanding each other than anything else.

There are good guys out there, and there are guys who will actually understand if you give them the chance. Oh dear, I wanted to say more, but there's a storm and I need to get offline, so I might edit this later.
          <3
          the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

Then there are also the guys who try not to hurt you but end up doing so anyway. Some guys are really trying but things are confusing for them too. It's not like girls have exclusive rights to being unsure when it comes to dating.
            And sometimes it's not always a good thing to give someone a chance. If you're nto ready to open up yet, then trying to mkae yourself do so isn't good. When you're ready to open up, let it be natural.
            The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
            I promise not to funfun anymore
            Be happy cause life is good

Comment

What I wanted to say but ended up running out of time was something along the lines of girls seem to be generally more susceptable to getting hurt. Maybe it's all those romance books and movies about those knights in shining armor that never make a mistake and give little girls the impression that their "perfect" guy would be like that, and they get dissappointed when guys aren't really that way. I know I had this picture of the perfect guy, hehe.

Dating in general is confusing. Guys and girls both have hard times, though I wouldn't know much about guys.

And about giving them a chance, I didn't mean all the time. Like, I definitely didn't give P a chance, 'cause he totally freaked me out at first. Now we're friends, even though he still has a stupid crush on me. *mutters* And he's got a girlfriend! I just meant that you shouldn't stereotype all guys based on one (or a couple) experiences.
              <3
              the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

I wonder if it's true that girls actually get more hurt or if girls just show it more.

Blue

Comment

Blue good question.. i really dont know..my personal oppionin is girls get more hurt if the dude breaks up with them for a stuipd reason. and i think.. hint the word think.. that its the same way with guys.. but to say it in the nicest way girls are over emotional.. or most of them. i think that we just have a weird thing.. and yes i do think that part of it was from all of those princess movies when we were growing up.. with the night in shining armor.. i know that i was thinking that.
                  life sucks then u die

Comment

bluesalamanders:
                    I wonder if it's true that girls actually get more hurt or if girls just show it more.
                    All I know is that it seems like my ex is fine, but I still feel like I'm missing a part of myself. And we do tend to be more emo(tional), lol. At least, I do. I have many random breakdowns. Goodness, emo girls. lol. Guys aren't as mean and backstabbing as girls can sometimes be, generally speaking. Like my fight with a certain person was long, drawn out, and positively emotionally brutal. My guy friends have either cold wars where they just pretend the other person doesn't exist, or they get it over with real quick.
                    <3

Comment

I think you're over-generalizing. Your experiences aren't the experiences of everyone. For example, I've known several couples in which the guy was hurt far worse when they broke up than the girl was; it's just not particularly acceptable for males to show much emotion.

Also, my friends and I have never been the the mean and backstabbing type. There are lots of girls who don't do that sort of thing. If we got into arguments, we would get into arguments, and then we would get over it (or not).

So you see, I've had experiences totally different from yours.

Anna

Comment

iam in middle school. and at my school the "dating" thing is every were. so i decided to get a girlfriend. ummmm. nothing happened. we broke up. i felt releived because it was getting akward. i dont think you should have a gf or bf untill your 16 or something. because right now its just a joke. but seriously, its dumb. most people at my school do it just to get popular and stuff. and i know that thats not the case with everyone. iam just saying that most are at my age (13-14). so yeah i dont have a gf anymore and i dont plan on having one for a while.

Comment

Different people react differently to different situations. Different people also react differently to the same situation. And I'm going to stop with this before I get more confused than I already am.

I think that you should date if you're comfortable with it. Just because other people are doesn't mean that you have to. I was actually thirteen when Zach and I started "dating", if that's what you want to call it, considering that it's not like we could actually drive places, and most things we did were in huge groups. *shrug* Anyways, I was also out of middle school.

None of my girl friends now are that way. How about this...the stereotype of girls versus the stereotype of guys makes it seem like what I said earlier. Sorry, I didn't mean to make that like my experiences were the only ones. I was just saying what I've seen personally.
                          <3

Comment

I agree with Angel actually. In my experience girls fight in a more underhanded way...they fight with emotions. Guys just fight. They yell or they physically hurt each other. Girls go about things in a more subtle way which can be more painful. That's just my experience though.
                            And taking things hard...it's definetely just personal cases. I know pretty many guys who are VERY sensitive about break ups and so on, and pretty many girls who are. I think people are just sensitive about rejection, but guys are supposed to take it because that's the image society projects.
                            The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                            I promise not to funfun anymore
                            Be happy cause life is good

Comment

I agree 100% with Cress. Its true girls tend to fight with emotions rather than by physical means. Also I think (from experience) that fights with girls tend to last longer than guys. Girls tend to hold on to too much stuff.
                              ---------------------------
                              I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Call me nasa, it's a tradition.... don't ask...

Comment

Even thoe I am a girl I agree with you ^_^ 100 %

Comment

Working...
                                X