No announcement yet.

Coke or Mountain Dew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait - so Coke ought to be green, but isn't, and Mountain Dew ought not to be, but is?

These are two very confusing drinks .

Lime juice is green and, as far as I know, it ought to be. Yay for lime juice! Or lime cordial, which is what you can get in bottles around here.
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

As if there's any contest! Coke all the way! Mountain Dew is good, but let's put things in perspective here! You're comparing Mountain Dew (which I hesitate to capitalize) . . . To <span class="ev_code_RED">COKE</span>?

Originally posted by Birdhead:
      If you take a glass of coke, and out a scoop of vanilla icecream in it, you get a spider. *drools* And spiders are WONDERFUL.
      Reeeeeaaaalllyyy. I may have a new favorite drink. SOMEBODY GIMMIE SOME VANILLA ICE CREAM STAT!

Diet any-drink should be illegal. Those things can quite literally ruin my whole day just from a single taste. I don't know how people tolerate the taste of aspartame.

One question: Is there such a thing as Diet-Caffeine-Free Mountain Dew? If so, what do they put in it? Water?

Comment

ewwwwwwwww watered-down pop! That's just wrong!

COKE ALL THE WAY!!!!

Of course, you can clean stuff with coke it's so acidic. It's carbonic acid. I think.

Comment

Carbonic acid is plain old soda water, carbon dioxide bubbles in plain old water.

Poot!

But yes, I remember reading a serious tip to clean computer slots with Coke before putting a card into the slot. Always made me wonder what it did to stomachs - but then, stomachs have hydrochloric acid in anyway...
          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Ok, what do you think is better; a root beer float, a pepsi float, or a coke float? We only had Rockey Road ice cream so I had to eat a diet coke/ rockey road float. It was pretty gross so I tossed the float and just ate the ice cream and drank the pop seperate. Hau`oli la o na Makua!!

Comment

PM:
              Always made me wonder what it did to stomachs - but then, stomachs have hydrochloric acid in anyway...
              Don't worry about stomachs... think about everything else! Your poor teeth, for example. Well, maybe I don't care so much, but ah well.

Surfy:
              Ok, what do you think is better; a root beer float, a pepsi float, or a coke float? We only had Rockey Road ice cream so I had to eat a diet coke/ rockey road float. It was pretty gross so I tossed the float and just ate the ice cream and drank the pop seperate. Hau`oli la o na Makua!!
              Never had anything that wasn't a rootbeer float. Those are good enough for me. And I haven't had one in forever... Had to be 8 years at least...

And what's with the funny words at the end? I hope you realize that I can't understand any languages besides English. Translation?
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Welp, made myself a Spider. YUM!

Gonna have that a lot more!

But seriously, what would Diet-Caffeine-Free Mountain Dew be made of? Aspartame and water, with lemon lime flavor? Air? Nothing!? See, I just don't know what else, aside from Sugar and Caffeine, is in Mountain Dew!

(this content brought to you by beN, Poot's not-evil twin)

Comment

Heh, I told you so.
                  *complains* Now I want a spider. See what y'all do to me? There's no Coke in the house!

We do, on the other hand, have WONDERFUL cadbury's icecream. Hmmmmmmmmmm.
                  Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Gryphon- Hau`oli la o na Makua is Hawaiian for "Happy father's day.

Comment

"Who is your daddy and what does he do?"

Hey Tui, I just wanted to make sure that 'spider' is the name of a float with Coke and vanilla ice cream, and not the New Zealand version of 'float.'

Y'know, cuz the Coffee Shop here in town has them now, under the name 'spider,' and it wouldn't be good if I got something wrong. Nobody here has ever heard a SPIDER, but they still have it on the dessert menu for $1.25.

Phwew. Got myself worked up into a frenzy now. Gonna go get one.

Comment

I thought that in the states, Spiders were called Coke Floats. Like a play on Root Beer Floats. I'm a sucker for Barq's root beer.

Of course, right now I'm drinking Sierra Mist, because that was all there was in the company Mini-fridge. I really need a minifridge for my bedroom. Maybe something like this. That would be really cool.

And of course, to go with the Sierra Mist, Reese's Pieces. I lead a healthy lifestyle.
                        http://superdrea.net/

Comment

What do you mean, "Who is your daddy and what does he do."?

Comment

Spiders? Never heard of it. Root Beer float's are good. Root Beer is good, Barq's though, A&W, ugh.
                            ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                            **Neets**
                            CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

*looks vaguely puzzled* I don't know, maybe you just have floats and we have spiders. But I've never heard of any other type of spider than with coke and vanilla icecream ('cause we don't have root beer (rout beer!!!) and coke and chocolate chip icecream would just be gross.) Anyway, you could always ask the staff.

Route Beer!!!
                              (When we were in the States we were midly bemused by people pronouncing "route," as in "Route 66," "rout." We say it to rhyme with "root." Se we, er, went a little crazy and ordered Route Beer a lot. *giggles*)
                              Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Tui:
                                When we were in the States we were midly bemused by people pronouncing "route," as in "Route 66," "rout." We say it to rhyme with "root." Se we, er, went a little crazy and ordered Route Beer a lot. *giggles*)
                                Oh, those silly Americans! Actually, I've never heard Root Beer pronounced 'rout.' It always rhymes with root. As for Route Whatever, I've heard that pronounced both rout and root, though moustly root.

Last time I had Root Beer was at a pizza place. My brother ordered Root beer and I ordered Pepsi.

"Hey Tronas, this Pepsi tastes a lot like Root Beer..."

*shakes head* Silly brother.
                                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Working...
                                X