Elemental Magic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dragon Writer View Post
    A little bit - let me see if I can decipher.
    You think that magic which comes from things outside of you is great, and neccessary, but true power, for the most part comes from within. Thats the stiff thats really you - the rest is still magic, but it looses something for not havig come from within - the "Purity" that comes when it's truly your own. Sorry of I'm wrong. The writer in me can't resist trying.
    Alas that my inner editor only comes out when I'm looking at the work of others.
    Yes, that's mostly what I think! You got most of it in one shot! Good job! I like your inner writer, they are GOOD!

lol.

Yes, it's not your majick if it doesn't come from within yourself. Outside majick can help you but if you don't have at least some of Your Inner Power then it's not yours. You at least have to have like your own signature in the majick your using. And when you use your True Inner Majick then it's truely purely your own majick.
    You get what I'm saying?
    "I'm so smart!" *KABOOM!!!*- me and my eggbert game
    "Poop a box!" me and my sis while playing MarioKart DS
    "Gah!" "I love this song!" "What?!?"- BFFE and me
    "PILLOWS!" me, Sam, and Kat.

Comment

Originally posted by Glede View Post
      Yes, that's mostly what I think! You got most of it in one shot! Good job! I like your inner writer, they are GOOD!

lol.

Yes, it's not your majick if it doesn't come from within yourself. Outside majick can help you but if you don't have at least some of Your Inner Power then it's not yours. You at least have to have like your own signature in the majick your using. And when you use your True Inner Majick then it's truely purely your own majick.
      You get what I'm saying?
      I think I do Glede and I love that post too
      Had a thought about elemental magic though, sometimes its easy to just FEEL your element too, and I've been studying ways to use elements with certain spells. Quick question for everyone: Can you please tell me what you believe each element represents? (Emotionally, spiritually, and anything else you can come up with.) Thanks
      Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

Element eh?

I was always thinking I was earth but I looked in this magazine (1 of those celeb popularity mags) it said I was water though, even though I'm such in depth with earth. BUT! My friend told me that the magazine hade the best stuff in Astrology, so I thought that it must be the same 4 the elements section! HELP!

P.S.(I dunno why either, this question just felt out of place)How did u be able 2 have ur pic next 2 ur name?
        Last edited by chocolate101; April 11, 2009, 10:32:15 PM.
        (True,) the white hole said. (my name is Khairelikoblepharehglukumeilichephreidosd'enagooun i--) and at the same time he went flickering through a pattern of colors that was evidently the visual translation."Ky--elik" Nita began. "Fred," Kit said quickly.

Comment

What you do, is you click on the "Quick Links" at the top of the page. A window will pop up- click on the link that says "User Control Panel." Then go to the left side and click on "Edit Avatar." Either browse your computer for the picture you want, and upload it, or take the URL from the site you get it off and insert it where it goes.
          "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

For Wiccangixie

Ah, elements!
            Water- Emotion. Intuition, healing, care, receptivity, generosity, sensitivity, imagination, illusion, psychic vision, empathy, cycles. The Moon, Neptune, the Sea, lakes, rivers, deep wells, shellfish, grapes, pearl, memories, mothers. White, lavender, blues, crimson, black.

Earth- Feeling. Sensible, tangible, thoughtful, careful, physicality, business, responsible, caution, comfort, practicality. Saturn, open fields, houses, castles, forests, ranches and farms, meat, vegetables, garnet, money, clothing, fathers. Green, dark yellow, brown.

Air- Thinking. Intelligence, grace, society, ideas, communication, words, information, friendship, social, idealistic, quick, lively, insight. Venus, Mercury, Uranus, atmosphere, mountaintops, inner chambers, wines, spices, amethyst, quartz, opal, the arts, the desert, computers, books, media. Pink, sky blue, yellow, turquoise, bright green.

Fire- Being. Action, passion, life, love, creation, energy, exploration, enthusiasm, generosity, pioneering, pride, travel, courage, competition, magnanimity, seeking, encouraging, joie de vivre. The Sun, Jupiter, Mars, sandy hills, courts, the beach, vehicles, parties, war, blacksmith shops, gold, ruby, metal, sharp edges, speed, danger, philosophy, flame, competition, passion, freedom. Reds, gold, rich purple, copper.

Haha... *feeling a bit crazy*
            I also like the Chinese Metal, and Wood should be in there, but I think that Aether is the most legit out of them.
            Last edited by NoxLight; May 10, 2009, 01:15:19 AM. Reason: To add a title for understanding.
            "A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing."
            -Oscar Wilde

Comment

air

I like fire, and humans are (obviously) attuned to water, but air often embodys what i enjoy most in life.

Earth is not even an option for me.
              There is always a price, but who pays it is optional.

Comment

Air

I chose air because it can be peaceful, yet it can also ruin a house when it gets strong. Like me. lol! I have a quick temper and can ruin houses when I want to, although most of the time I'm very calm and 'normal'. Also, I absolutely love the feeling of wind whipping around me. I makes me feel so peaceful, so free...
                Last edited by willowtree; May 11, 2009, 07:30:54 PM.
                "Just how have I failed to notice Neets is hot?" ~Kit

~Lover of great books ever since she could read~

Comment

your element is the one that you feel is part of you and that you are a part of, like being an extension of the earth, for example. I totally agree with the whole inner magic part of it, because that is when it is the strongest.

as far as what the elements represent:

earth: is the substance, the driving force, the fortitude, the strength and the growth.

air: can change the tides, flows with and makes flow. It is a force that can affect anything that is not properly grounded.

water: rushes, can be calm or have the force of the most pwerful tempest. Can also change temperatures.

fire: both a healing source of heat, and potentially a burning source of injury. It consumes and assumes.

that's all I've got on descriptions right now.
                  The Promised Land is a State of Being. - Me

Comment

I'm Earth, always have been. I actually get uncomfortable if I can't feel the ground under me. Boats especially freak me out. Rocks sink and all that, though I can swim fairly well.

Earth - Stability, loyalty, healing, strength, patience, simmering temper, righteousness, immovable, dependable.

Water - Peace, content, mediator, thoughtful, patient, strong.

Air - Distractable, friendly, playful, happy, quick to anger, quick to forget.

Fire - Unpredictable, powerful, tempermental, self-righteous, can be playful.

I was raised Christian and I still am. Nonetheless I do believe in the powers of the elements. Someone as attuned to animals and the earth as I am can't not be. One can feel it, deep down. It's powerful and patient, waiting for the one who senses it to decide their course and standing by them when they do. No matter what. It sounds weird, I know. But it's what I feel when I'm camping and the like.
                    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a Light Side, a Dark Side, and it binds the Universe together.
                    "Oh. So...what, you liked it 'cause it was shiny?" - Logan Cale
                    "I'm sixteen. Of course I'm hungry." - Ben Skywalker

Comment

WATER!!!!!!!
                      Hey, have any of you guys seen that Nickelodean cartoon Avatar: The Last Airbender? I love it, and all this elemental stuff makes me think of it.
                      "Water, it's a very wonderful thing/Water, it makes me wanna just sing/WATER, everybody sing along!"
                      Seriously, that's a song.
                      "This will look great next to my restraining order from Leonard Nimoy!" ~ Sheldon, Big Bang Theory

Comment

Working...
                      X