Elemental Magic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wiccangixie View Post
    LOL! Ok, no more plasma talk, but the periodic elements are amazing too, and sometimes I wonder about Carbon and how that can be found in almost anything!

Hey, all 4 of us are online! This is so awesome!
    *sigh* no-one noticed that I mentioned the periodic elements on the previous page... Carbon can be found in all life forms on Earth, because we have carbon based life. There are theories regarding silicon based life because it can behave in a similar manner to carbon, as it belongs to the Carbon Group (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicon_based_life).

Plasma is considered to be, as Septimus mentioned, another phase of matter, along with solid, gas and liquid. Wiki has a nice page on Plasma too.

Hey, a suggestion guys, why not take short discussions to a instant messaging program, rather than posting so many short posts on the forums?

Comment

See? I've been trying to tell them that for ages, but do they listen? Nope.

Anyway, yes Alla I notice those periodical elements... lol, I was showing my dad how a forums works, and I clicked on this thread to see the new posts, and he saw the sodium and all, and was like, "wow, the people on those forums are weird."
      "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

Tell your dad I said Thank You.

Lol. SO Alla what's your element?
        "I'm so smart!" *KABOOM!!!*- me and my eggbert game
        "Poop a box!" me and my sis while playing MarioKart DS
        "Gah!" "I love this song!" "What?!?"- BFFE and me
        "PILLOWS!" me, Sam, and Kat.

Comment

hee-hee I say thank you too. I wonder about the elements sometimes and how they're connected. I think I'm gonna make a thread mentioning elemental connections soon. I'm debating it....
          Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Zirsta View Post
            See? I've been trying to tell them that for ages, but do they listen? Nope.

Anyway, yes Alla I notice those periodical elements... lol, I was showing my dad how a forums works, and I clicked on this thread to see the new posts, and he saw the sodium and all, and was like, "wow, the people on those forums are weird."
            Wait back up a sec L your daddy sais that i'm wierd... thats, thats, thats like saying bugs bunny is wierd... or daphy duck... or tom and jerry...or the simpsons... or whatever other histerical comedy block is out their!
            You tell your dad that i am not wierd. I AM INSANE. thier is a diffrence and a distinction and WIERD crosses that line! lol i just cannot seem to hold a grudge tell your padre that i said hi~ and show him the emote
            It is better to die on your feat then to live a life on your knees-Emiliano Zapata.
            That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.-dad

Comment

Originally posted by Septimus View Post
              Wait back up a sec L your daddy sais that i'm wierd... thats, thats, thats like saying bugs bunny is wierd... or daphy duck... or tom and jerry...or the simpsons... or whatever other histerical comedy block is out their!
              You tell your dad that i am not wierd. I AM INSANE. thier is a diffrence and a distinction and WIERD crosses that line! lol i just cannot seem to hold a grudge tell your padre that i said hi~ and show him the emote
              OMG, Septy! Your right! This site is for the INSANE! Not weird!
              Padre? You speak espanol?
              MUY BUENO!
              "I'm so smart!" *KABOOM!!!*- me and my eggbert game
              "Poop a box!" me and my sis while playing MarioKart DS
              "Gah!" "I love this song!" "What?!?"- BFFE and me
              "PILLOWS!" me, Sam, and Kat.

Comment

Originally posted by Glede View Post
                OMG, Septy! Your right! This site is for the INSANE! Not weird!
                Padre? You speak espanol?
                MUY BUENO!
                Yay! Espanol es muy bueno.

You know I just realized the name of this thread is elemental magic, so lets talk about elemental magic.
                Question: What is your favorite type of magic and why; any element not listed, well, don't be shy about putting it here!
                Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

I'm going to go back to the poll question...I'm most definitely water. My username for almost everything except this is Nenfea, which means water spirit in Quenya (elvish). I've been a swimmer on and off for about five years, and I simply feel at home in water. I'm actually graceful in water. I love it because it's malleable and flexible, it can be peaceful and calm, and beautiful, like in the Caribbean, but it can also be extremely powerful, like waterfalls, as well as destructive, like hurricanes. It simply has so many incarnations that I love it. Plus, it's cleansing and feels nice.
                  The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                  I promise not to funfun anymore
                  Be happy cause life is good

Comment

Interesting question. I would have to say that it is Fire for me. Though my name also implies that I have some Air in me too (hehehehe) I do have to side with Kathy Li in that there are more elements though. Spirit seems to have been left off the list, and without that, nothing would exist, as everything is carbon based as was mentioned earlier.
                    There is Always DEEP Shadow where there is MUCH Light!
                    "I will meet the terminally clueless today...idiots and those with hairballs for brains.... I do not have to be like them, even though I would dearly love to hit them hard enough to make the empty places between their ears echo..." Rhiow - TVTQ

Comment

I'm in between. All of the elements need each other, in a way. They give balance to each other.

Fire is strong, and more impulsive. It cares about burning, and little else.
                      Air is may things. It is needed by most things and can be a strong wind or a calm breeze.
                      Water can be fierce, like an ocean in a storm, or it can be calmly running a stream. It never really stops moving, and water is refreshing.
                      Earth is... earth. It is there, and it helps things grow. It seems to connect the other elements.

So how can I decide? But I'll vote Earth, because it isn't fair the lack of votes that it has.

If we are biased, we can fix that. There can be arguements for other elements, just like there can be arguments for the elements that we have. What are the other elements? We can redo the poll.
                      Last edited by smile; January 25, 2009, 10:51:15 AM.
                      "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

Ok i havn't been on for a while but i am glad to see water in the lead! Oh and alla btw i know all about the periodic table k? just so you know i posted this poll to discuss the western based mythological elements and to have fun!
                        It is better to die on your feat then to live a life on your knees-Emiliano Zapata.

Comment

I like water. By sure why I like water, other than the fact that I'm a pieces, but I don't pay much attention to that. I like water's tendency to keep on going through obstacles, I suppose - everlasting, never stopping, always addapting.
                          Still, I think all elements have advantages, although some might be more useful than others in certain circumstances.
                          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Originally posted by Septimus View Post
                            Ok i havn't been on for a while but i am glad to see water in the lead! Oh and alla btw i know all about the periodic table k? just so you know i posted this poll to discuss the western based mythological elements and to have fun!
                            I don't doubt that you know about the periodic table, and I am fully aware of the fact that the poll itself is referring to 4 classical elements. I was just poking fun at the fact that this isn't specified anywhere at the beginning of the thread.

Wiccan: My element is water, as you can read in my first post in this thread.
                            Last edited by alla; January 31, 2009, 05:23:10 PM.

Comment

Actualy it is specified at the begining of the thread... LOL JK i just edited it so that people wouldn't get confused! Ok... Now that i think about it the element cross is something like this.
                              water>fire
                              fire>air
                              Earth>air
                              air>water-i don't get this one though...it doesn't make sense...

Comment

Meeting places, perhaps? The air and the water - what lies above, and what lies beneath.
                                Last edited by Dragon Writer; February 1, 2009, 04:01:28 AM.
                                I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                                For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Working...
                                X