Elemental Magic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Septimus View Post
    Actualy it is specified at the begining of the thread... LOL JK i just edited it so that people wouldn't get confused! Ok... Now that i think about it the element cross is something like this.
    water>fire
    fire>air
    Earth>air
    air>water-i don't get this one though...it doesn't make sense...
    UH... maybe it's because air can be found in water and all that. Dragon Writer has a good theory too... hmm.

Well. I read what Wiccan said. I like the type of magic where it's... ugh how do I write this. Inner magic? Ugh, idk.
    "I'm so smart!" *KABOOM!!!*- me and my eggbert game
    "Poop a box!" me and my sis while playing MarioKart DS
    "Gah!" "I love this song!" "What?!?"- BFFE and me
    "PILLOWS!" me, Sam, and Kat.

Comment

I'm guessing you mean that you like it when power comes from within rather than simply from thugs outside the body, such as amulets or the elements themselves, right?
      At least, near as I can figure.
      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I'm very much an Earth person. Stubborn, slow to act, all that jazz.

Though I've always been partial to Bismuth.
        I would EAT THE HELL outta that steak, then try to guilt the cow into dying just for being a cow. I'd be all "NOM NOM HEY COW YOU'RE NOT MEAT YET WHAT GIVES JERK" and then I'd glare and give it the silent treatment. Same goes for pigs and chickens... I would guilt a FLOCK of chickens into poultrycide in a heartbeat. "HEY YOU'RE A CHICKEN HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT"- Madhatte

Comment

I voted for air... I was thinking that you could like manipulate air if you wanted to... to levitate things and push people away. I don't know...

*is thinking about the avatar*

I also like air because of what someone said earlier... darn I can't find it... haha but it's everywhere!!! It's in you, its around you, it's in water, and fire...

Air can fuel the fire (wildfires) but it can also blow out the fire as well (like candles).

That's why I chose air. If that made any sense whatsoever.
          Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
          Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
          It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
          Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

Originally posted by Emi View Post
            I also like air because of what someone said earlier... darn I can't find it... haha but it's everywhere!!! It's in you, its around you, it's in water, and fire...

Air can fuel the fire (wildfires) but it can also blow out the fire as well (like candles).

That's why I chose air. If that made any sense whatsoever.
            It does, but what about water? I don't think it's really a competiton, but water is as universal as the air. It covers most of our planet, it's essential to life, and it also makes ups large portion of our bodies. A point most people leave out is that if you can really control water, you could actually turn living organisms into living puppets.
            Also, oxygen is in water - air is made up of a lot more than that. I suppose the question is, does controlling air meaning being able to control all of it together, or the individual gasses?
            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I'm guessing you mean that you like it when power comes from within rather than simply from thugs outside the body, such as amulets or the elements themselves, right?
              At least, near as I can figure.
              Um, not really. I mean that inner magic is the most pure? Ugh, I still dont know how to explain. I think that inner magic is more strong, more pure, more like your magic. But I do think that outside magic is a big help with magic yes. But magic is mostly from the inside. Is it more clear?
              "I'm so smart!" *KABOOM!!!*- me and my eggbert game
              "Poop a box!" me and my sis while playing MarioKart DS
              "Gah!" "I love this song!" "What?!?"- BFFE and me
              "PILLOWS!" me, Sam, and Kat.

Comment

A little bit - let me see if I can decipher.
                You think that magic which comes from things outside of you is great, and neccessary, but true power, for the most part comes from within. Thats the stiff thats really you - the rest is still magic, but it looses something for not havig come from within - the "Purity" that comes when it's truly your own. Sorry of I'm wrong. The writer in me can't resist trying.
                Alas that my inner editor only comes out when I'm looking at the work of others.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Writer View Post
                  It does, but what about water? I don't think it's really a competiton, but water is as universal as the air. It covers most of our planet, it's essential to life, and it also makes ups large portion of our bodies. A point most people leave out is that if you can really control water, you could actually turn living organisms into living puppets.
                  Also, oxygen is in water - air is made up of a lot more than that. I suppose the question is, does controlling air meaning being able to control all of it together, or the individual gasses?

Hmm.. That's a good question. I would think that you would be able to control the different gases so it can do whatever you want the air to do. Like... combust or something. You know... this is totally making my gears turn. I haven't been asked to really think in such a long time. Thank you YR. Haha.

But, since water is only really made up of three molecules (2 parts Hyrdogen 1 part Oxygen) does that mean you can only control the Hydrogen atoms and the Oxygen atoms? If that being the case, you can control the Nitrogen atoms, the Hydrogen atoms, and all the other atoms or elements... maybe I'm calling them by the wrong unit... but yeah. Wow, it's been awhile since I had to actually talk about chemistry type things.
                  Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                  Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                  It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                  Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

AND, if you controlled all gasses, wouldn't that breach the other elements? You said I'd yourself, making gasses combust. And once it was flame, what would happen? Would it become the jurisdiction of fire, causing the loss of all control? Would combining atoms into water molecules make you loose all ability to alter it? Or would you still have control, but only be able to destroy the newly formed element, rather than control it?
                    Just something to think on.

Comment

I think it really depends on the manner in which you are controlling the element. Is the ability dependent on which state of matter its in? For example, you may be able to control a fog, but not a river if you could control air. But the water user would also be able to control the fog because fog is little droplets of water. Are you controlling it through the guardian of that element? For example you are asking the Deity responsible for air to do certain things, then it depends on the limitations of responsibilities that that deity has power over. Perhaps you can control air simply because you can control nitrogen, and thus you can push all the other air around... and as for water it could be the same, but instead its with the specific molecule. As for the argument of turning people into puppets, I would suggest that it would be hard due to all of the other things in the body that separate water and influence it, or to put it another way, the more impure water is the harder it would be to control it... That would go for the air power too if this was the method of controlling. Another means of controlling may be telekinetic powers which are limited by the mind because the mind only believes that it can control one thing or another... But if telekinetic powers worked on a frequency principle it also could mean that the person with powers has the ability to only emit/control certain frequency ranges ( like singers have vocal ranges ) which can expand with practice but ultimately does have its limits, this would imply that everyone has the ability, but that most people are tone deaf and thus talk somewhat monotone, in a frequency which has no useful feedback for the mind to learn from ( for example what if it was the frequency for some neon compound? ) and without the feed back we would not be able to learn how to focus and direct our ability. An example would be those people who have always been deaf tend to have speech impediments as they don't have the proper feedback to correct it. I sure there are many other ways to limit it. My point is, we don't have enough information :-) Anyway I got to get back to errantry business and this was all just some random thoughts I would like to share.
                      ----------------------
                      Dai Stihó
                      ƪ ϾѻѪἒ ۝Л ɛȑȑάϰṭȓƴ , ҩпᵭ ƪ ᶢȑἔἑԏ چڏ☼ېۑے

Comment

Originally posted by alla
                        My favourite element is either Sodium or Lithium. Not too sure why, but they're always fun to play with. Helium is pretty neat too; all those squeaky voices XD. In fact, I think I like most of the Periodic Table..
                        OMG I love helium and sodium! I also like phosphate for some reason, I don't know why.

I like fire. Why? Because I said so. It's just so destructive...
                        Visit KasChat Network!

Comment

Any form of elemental magic that feels, I guess I'll say natural to you is what you should go with. I choose fire because it describes me, my passion, my heart, my sense, my love, my pain, and my strength. Fire surrounds me, is me, and is everything that helps me when I'm ready to take the world by storm Fire and air are my favorite elements, and fire overtakes wind for me, but every now and again I listen to the wind.

Choose the element that is you, and the element that describes what you want to become.
                          Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

Water

Maybe because water is the giver of life, but also the taker. We as humans cannot exist without it, but the wrath of Water can rival even the hottest flame. Water Elemental people are kind, calm and nurturing.

Comment

Yeah, I have to go with water as well.
                              I have always lived by the ocean, and when I am away from it for too long, I get twitchy. I love going home for breaks from college because I can see the ocean and just sit on the beach and listen to it, let it calm and relax me with the crashing of the waves...
                              But while water is calm and nurturing, it can also be destructive, just like all the other elements. It can slowly erode the earth, or it can be a quicker destruction like a hurricane, tsunami, or a flood.
                              It is about balance. In everything I have ever read, when people work with the elements, their goal is balance. Too much is just as bad as not enough. Which is the same with everything else in life.

Plus, I'm a Scorpio. Enough said.

Comment

In Chinese philosophy, the five elements are earth, metal, wood, fire, and water.

BTW, fire is a type of plasma. In 4th grade I had a bit of a go-around with my science teacher about plasma being a fourth state of matter.

I personally go with dirt, although fire is a runner-up.
                                "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                                "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

Working...
                                X