No announcement yet.

Elemental Magic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK! Water is winning, and that makes me a little sad, but also appreciative. Water transforms slowly, and allows for change to occur. It can be melded into just about any shape.

Fire is the breath of life, and its a quick change! It lights up a room, and it changes in shape and size according to one's mood. Truthfully, fire and water are both beautiful, elegant, and wonderful. I like both of them as elements.

Septy: I only said that because I was angry with you for practically dissing FIRE! And its kind of fun messing with my opposite element But truthfully, I like both of them as elements, and if you don't like then DEAL WITH IT! JK I'm extremely hyper Septy, so no worries. You might have to deal with me though.
    Last edited by Wiccangixie; January 19, 2009, 09:11:15 PM.
    Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiccangixie View Post
      OK! Water is winning, and that makes me a little sad, but also appreciative. Water transforms slowly, and allows for change to occur. It can be melded into just about any shape.

Fire is the breath of life, and its a quick change! It lights up a room, and it changes in shape and size according to one's mood. Truthfully, fire and water are both beautiful, elegant, and wonderful. I like both of them as elements.

Up until a few days ago you werent complimenting water...lol So whats the deal no-one like the earth i mean imagin how that makes poor old mother nature feel lol
      The earth is our foundation. One of my teachers use to say the earth gives us roots so that we may find our way back into her loving arms
      It is better to die on your feat then to live a life on your knees-Emiliano Zapata.
      That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.-dad

Comment

I find this poll culturally biased. It's only in Western civilization that you've got four elements. In Chinese mythos, there are five elements. And Air isn't one of them.
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Kathy Li View Post
          I find this poll culturally biased. It's only in Western civilization that you've got four elements. In Chinese mythos, there are five elements. And one of them isn't Air.
          Wow! That's awesome! So what are these elements of which you speak?
          Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

Wait. You're a wiccan and you don't know? ...

There are more ways of looking at elements than you probably knew.
            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Kathy Li View Post
              I find this poll culturally biased. It's only in Western civilization that you've got four elements. In Chinese mythos, there are five elements. And Air isn't one of them.

Biased really??? so tell us what are these mystical 5 chinese elements you have sufficiently peeked my curiostity with??? madame Li.

Lol wow it feels wierd being formal
              It is better to die on your feat then to live a life on your knees-Emiliano Zapata.

Comment

Well, I know about the inner workings of the western culture because that's what I was introduced to, and I've been working with Fire closely so far. I'm still building a connection with the other elements. I knew there were others but I haven't pursued it yet. I know about Plasma though, and I know about the division of the Spirit.

Comment

Well, I know about the inner workings of the western culture because that's what I was introduced to, and I've been working with Fire closely so far. I'm still building a connection with the other elements. I knew there were others but I haven't pursued it yet. I know about Plasma though, and I know about the division of the Spirit.

What wican You completely lost me their what are you talking about???
                  And since when is plasma an element i mean i know that it's an elemental phase but An element???
                  And division of what spirit??? i like my spirit nice and whole thank you very much*clutches body protectivley*

Comment

Originally posted by Septimus View Post
                    What wican You completely lost me their what are you talking about???
                    And since when is plasma an element i mean i know that it's an elemental phase but An element???
                    And division of what spirit??? i like my spirit nice and whole thank you very much*clutches body protectivley*
                    I found this book once that explained a theory to me about how plasma could be an element. It was a long time ago though, I was 12 when I picked it up so that was 3 years ago, I'll try to find the title for you. I don't mean Spirit divided, I mean spirit as a literal division of the elements, you know like how Heaven is an element and so forth. The elements are different for each culture.

Thank you Kathi! I'm so grateful for that link you gave.

Comment

That is odd i just don't think plasma can be an element. Because last week we had a test on elemental phases and they were solid liquid gas and plasma. Plasma being rare on Earth because of the immanse ammount of heat and pressure needed to create it.

Comment

I had to make it once for a science class, and got curious and started researching it. Its a theory that it could be a possible element. Plasma as a whole has properties of scientific elements, but the problem is that its a bit different from periodic. The periodic elements are considered elements too lol I think a lot of people forget that.

Comment

UGH, you people confuse me with all this plasma talk. I know the Chinese elements. Fire, water, earth, metal and some other one.
                          "I'm so smart!" *KABOOM!!!*- me and my eggbert game
                          "Poop a box!" me and my sis while playing MarioKart DS
                          "Gah!" "I love this song!" "What?!?"- BFFE and me
                          "PILLOWS!" me, Sam, and Kat.

Comment

I had to make it once for a science class, and got curious and started researching it. Its a theory that it could be a possible element. Plasma as a whole has properties of scientific elements, but the problem is that its a bit different from periodic. The periodic elements are considered elements too lol I think a lot of people forget that.

I was just thinking about that! Those elements are cool too. We had an essay to do on one of the Elemnts and mine was Neptunium it was actually quite and interesting element.

And isn't metal a bit general for an element Glede?

Comment

Originally posted by Glede View Post
                              UGH, you people confuse me with all this plasma talk. I know the Chinese elements. Fire, water, earth, metal and some other one.
                              LOL! Ok, no more plasma talk, but the periodic elements are amazing too, and sometimes I wonder about Carbon and how that can be found in almost anything!

Hey, all 4 of us are online! This is so awesome!

Comment

Idk. But it is one of the CHinese elements.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_el...ese_philosophy)
                                See!! I WAS RIGHT!!!
                                "I'm so smart!" *KABOOM!!!*- me and my eggbert game
                                "Poop a box!" me and my sis while playing MarioKart DS
                                "Gah!" "I love this song!" "What?!?"- BFFE and me
                                "PILLOWS!" me, Sam, and Kat.

Comment

Working...
                                X