Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Count me down for the not-dead side!
    My strongest bit of evidence:
    Roshaun's erected a personal wordgate to where? DAIRINE'S BACK YARD! And DD says quite clearly
    that Dairine goes out of her back yard, out of Timeheart, then back into the real world to search for what was
    missing. And she didn't exactly lose an earringback, you know!
    But... DD saves Ronan and saves Ponch... as in, he comes back to Kit. So Roshaun may be one person too many for her to bring back alive sans extreme corniness. Oh no, please, don't say it!

And I LOVE how she's heard his thoughts, but neither one has come out and said "Well, that means that we're uber-close," like Kit and Nita did when they started hearing eachother. I think that they are totally destined to be complete partners, like Kit and Nita or Tom and Carl. I mean... come on!
    A: They both meet the families (and the silicon thingies).
    B: They share thoughts. This is a rarity and it only happens with people who are really close.
    c: They annoy the heck out of eachother! But they can do that in a more joking manner now, and they do it in a playful way.

Vildur: I think what happened was that Roshaun was doing a spell similar to the one Ronan did for his Ordeal. Roshaun may have been "taking the Sun in" and combined it with a matter transportation routine. It would explain the degree of control he had to exercise. It's possible that the backlash of the spell was too much to handle so now he's part of our Sun. As in his essence, his soul or whatever term you prefer is inextricably joined into the essence of the star.
    That's what I thought happened- like what Roshaun did with the Earth's sun the first time. And that's how Dairine understood. Except this time it was at the other end of the spectrum- it was taking energy, not giving energy. Could that be a plausible component for why things went... *cringe* awry?
    When I am riding, my heart is not in my chest, but between my knees.

Comment

I took it that Roshaun was just channeling pure sunlight through his body. Not using anything acctually in the sun...just taking sunlight from the area around the sun and releasing it through his own body

Comment

Yeah, and that's what I took this to be as well.

Comment

I think Roshuan's spirit is still somewhere floating around. I'm not sure where, though, but I think when he channeled all the energy from the spell he and Dairine were doing, it blew away his body. But his spirit was still there. Kind of (but really, really not) like Ronan. When the One came out of Ronan, the shock of power (plus the spear) left his body in shock. But with Roshuan, the spell's power left his body, and his body was incinerated. Is that confusing? It's not really the same thing, but it's sorta similar.
          And with all the hints that DD left us in the end of the book, he can't REALLY be dead.
          Or maybe I'm just being too optimistic.

Sker'
          Nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak! --Albus Dumbledore

I <3 Jamie Lawrence!!!!!! *squee*

Comment

Nope, I don't think you're being too optimistic Sker'

And yeah, his spirit might be out there floating...that would fit with the whole concious reincarnation idea, but I'm still inclined to think that there was no incineration involved in the whole thing. Perhaps an incineration of his wizardry...but not of his body. Or so I'd like to think (though it's pragmatically doubtful that we'll see his body again.)

There. I'm contradicting myself. So, we shall see what DD has up her sleeve is basically what I'm saying. Yeah.

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

Tally another vote for "alive". Roshaun wasn't in Timeheart, that was my biggest clue that he's not dead. However, Dumbledore IS, so some people just need to get over it. Ok, back on topic...

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE NECKLACE SAYS! When I was rereading last night, I saw the line that says "Roshaun casually tapped the necklace" or whatever. Could he have changed what the necklace says then? And Dairine meeting the "in-laws" was SO cute! I think if/when (I'm hopefully leaning towards WHEN)Roshaun returns, he and Dairine will finally admit their feelings. *Hopes and prays*

I'm another Prince Unlikely fan.
              Skye

Comment

Originally posted by sker'ret:
                Kind of (but really, really not) like Ronan. When the One came out of Ronan, the shock of power (plus the spear) left his body in shock. But with Roshuan, the spell's power left his body, and his body was incinerated.
                Nitpick: It wasn't the One in Ronan, just a Power - the same Power as Peach was embodying.

I suppose Roshaun's body could have been destroyed. I think it's still around, but not in the right place - any of the expected places, I mean.
                Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

So what is everyone thinking then? That in the nxt book Dar is going to have to fight someone or something for Roshauns body and spirit? Or maybe it will be even more corney and it might be that Roshaun is LOST and forgotten who he is and his memeory and Dar will have to convinvce him this could go on all day!
                  Fox
                  God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

I don't think that he's going to be re-embodied. It already happened to Ponch in this book. Two would just be horrible. I htink that Roshaun's lost, just in another universe or something- but he has to know who he is. I know, that doesn't explain the stone changing colors, but... HE CAN'T BE DEAD!!! AGH!!!

Comment

Alethia said:
                      but he has to know who he is
                      Ah, I think that is true that that will play a huge part in how quickly he is found. Or for that matter, how difficult it is to find him. Same difference.

As for the stone changing colours, for some reason I feel that that is not connected to where Roshaun is/his disappearance. I think I get this mostly because Dairine (and Ro's parents) seemed to think that they knew why the stone had changed colour, though that was not specified in the book. So I think that may be a completely separate issue.

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

Quickness is not at all like difficulty. It could be uber-difficult to find him, but Dairine may be able to find him fast because she's so connected with him. Or it could be uber-easy to find him, but it could take a long time because it's hard.
                        For the stone thing: Yes, that's true! Because...
                        Oh wow...
                        No...
                        Wait for it...
                        Waaaiiiit for it...
                        GOT IT!!!
                        So everyone just guessed that Roshaun might be dead, since the stone changed colors after the moon incident. But, Nelaid wasn't dead when the stone transferred the power to Roshaun... so is it on command? Maybe if the stone sensed that Roshaun was gone, it'd change colors to the next in command- Dairine. And if this is the case, did Roshaun give the command for the stone's color to be changed, or did the stone do it itself? Furthermore, if Roshaun did it, is he trying to get everyone to believe he's dead? Maybe he's running from the Lone Power or something connected with the... oh crap, what was it called... darkness thingy!!!

Comment

I thought the stone changed colour because its use had been transferred to Dari, and our sun is paler than Roshaun's. Maybe it's a sign of who Roshaun's future queen will be. ^^

Anyway...I read somewhere that this story arc won't be resolved in AWoM, but DD mentioned that Dari's going to be off doing stuff in AWoM, so that's probably what she's doing - looking for Roshaun. Maybe AWoM will focus mostly on Nita and Kit, and then the book after will be more Dari, and perhaps the return of Sker'ret and Filif.
                          ------------------------------

Et meme si la route est bien longue a la fin,
                          Et meme si la doute nous fait serrer les poings
                          L'amour nous rassure, brise les murs d'incertitude...

Comment

Ahaww, future queen, ey?
                            Dairine's going to be off looking for Rosuahn as well as doing "other stuff." That's been established by DD. But even though the power was obviously transferred to Dairine, why was it, if Roshaun isn't dead? That's what I meant.
                            And DD also said that Sker'ret and Filif are sort of going to be out of the scene, now. They were so cool! Filif really got under-charged of a roll... and we need some more Sker'ret. He's so cool! And we need to know what happened to his Ancestor!!
                            Off-topicness...

Comment

DD said in one of her podcasts that Filif will maybe get some cameos here and there, or at least some mentions, but won't be back full-time for a while. Hopefully we'll see him back again in later books, since there's at least 3 or 4 more coming. (Yay!)

Mmm...well, even though Roshaun maybe isn't dead, perhaps the use of the stone was transferred to Dari because Roshaun's disappeared or won't be back exactly the way he was, and our Sun is going to need Dari's help more than his world's sun will. Gah, that doesn't really make sense, does it?
                              ------------------------------

Et meme si la route est bien longue a la fin,
                              Et meme si la doute nous fait serrer les poings
                              L'amour nous rassure, brise les murs d'incertitude...

Comment

No, it does. And I agree.
                                But we need to at least find out what happened to Sker'ret's ancestor, and if he's now going to run the Crossings!
                                ...PODCASTS!!! I wonder if Darryl gives them from his WizPod... Hmm...

Comment

Working...
                                X