X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-Kris

Comment

On the question: "Is Roshaun alive or is he dead?," my vote is Yes

I think it's very possible he will return in some altered form, I just don't think he's going to pop up again in the the long blond hair and the baggy T-shirt.

Don't forget Dairine's discovery of the worldgate between her back yard and Roshaun's private room. Also Roshaun's father's invitation to teach her how to work the Sunstone. Clearly she's fated for Bigger And Better Things.

Comment

AlidaART said:
        Whoops! Am I doing something wrong specifically quoting it here? I mean, none of it's fanfiction, so I'm clear, right?
        I don't think it's a problem - after all, the legend is centuries old. I looked at it and decided to be lazy and not to summarise it, just to link to it.

While what Dairine said to Roshaun may not have been that important to the plot of WH, it might be important to the course of the Dairine/Roshaun relationship, whatever that may turn out to be.
        Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

MaxZook-- also a possibility that I considered. Read A College of Magics? Something similar (a concious reincarnation) happens to one of the characters in that book (which is, dare I say, just as fabulous as YW).

Just checking, PM. I'd hate to cause a problem (eheheheh.)

...also, good point: what is DD's definition of "important"? And perhaps what was said on the moon was along the same vein as the conversation(s) on the mobiles' world/elsewhere on their journey. Or a precursor to said discussions.

Peter Murray said:
          (...)important to the course of the Dairine/Roshaun relationship, whatever that may turn out to be.
          Nudge nudge wink wink. (Note Monty Python reference.)

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

I definitely don't think he's dead. It's way too ambiguous - pretty much every other major-ish character who's died in previous books (Fred, Ed, Mrs. Callahan, etc) is met one more time before the end of the book in Timeheart. Since Dairine didn't find Roshaun in "his" section of Timeheart...yeah. He's pretty much not dead. Besides, if Ronan can be deus-ex-machina-d back to life when he hasn't been around for the past 3 or 4(?) books, a character who was just introduced in the last book and still seemed to have a roll to play, I don't think, would have been killed off.
            Where he is, though, I have no clue.

(Behold, I have come out of a years-long lurkdom to comment on Roshaun. Dammit, I've become a shipper again.)
            -wakuchan-
            -livejournal.com/users/wakuchan-

Comment

Oh, don't worry about it Waku-chan...I'm a huge lurker/shipper too (doesn't seem like it now, I know, but I usually lurk...it's just that Ro and WaW have brought me out of my shell)

And Roshaun is worth talking about. Because he's uber-spiffy and...stuff. I just adore him...

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I read the book: "Wait! She didn't kill Ronan but she killed Roshaun!? That doesn't make sense!" And you are completely right, it would be highly bizzare to kill off a character to who so obviously still has some important part to play in the story. (Add that to the fact that I think DD is beginning to shift the series to Dairine as Nita and Kit's whole deal calms down...though considering the rather shippy end of WaW, maybe I'm wrong about that )

Comment

Although DD said that Dairine would be "gone" a lot in AWoM, I'm still hoping that we get a little bit of insight as to whether or not Roshaun is still in some sort of humaniod form.
                I really don't have any clue as to what has happened to him...I just hope that we get at least a chapter that is Dairine based, filling us in first hand on what is going on with them. My guess is that Dairine will be learning a lot in the next book. While she's away, she will probably be doing a lot of research, not to mention learning to use the Sunstone.
                -Kris

Comment

Oh man...we'd better see a Dairine-based chapter. I dunno if my poor little mind could take the suspense

But quite honestly, I don't expect that there'll be no word whatsoever from Dairine, though AWoM sounds generally Nita/Kit centric (in more ways than one). I mean, she'll check in a couple times, but DD seems to be saying that Ro won't be really back for a couple books yet. Though that will be made easier by the one-a-year schedule...

Comment

Originally posted by Kristina:
                    Although DD said that Dairine would be "gone" a lot in AWoM, I'm still hoping that we get a little bit of insight as to whether or not Roshaun is still in some sort of humaniod form.
                    I'm hoping that Dari's gone-ness in AWoM will be somewhat compensated for in the next one- I like having Dairine around. And she's completely met her match in Roshaun. *crosses fingers and hopes we learn something soon.
                    PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                    Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

Add my vote for "not dead". He's a wonderful character, and I seriously doubt that DD is going to kill him off without exploring his potential a lot further.

Also, I think he and Dairine were made for each other. I'm just a romantic, I guess.

Comment

Don't worry, stheller, I'm a romantic too. Maybe a cynical one, but definitely a romantic

Comment

I don't think roshaun is dead. but if he is at least he went out in a blaze of glory.
                          ---------------------------------------
                          YW Chat room link. http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/ Type in nickname and #youngwizards for channel.
                          "in remembrance of Peter Murray,5/16/06,dai stiho

Comment

I certainly don't think Roshaun is dead-as-a-doornail, for reasons that have already been stated, but I don't think he's going to come back exactly the way he was before. Something else is going on there.

But yes, DD's giving us way too many hints for him to be dead and gone the way Dumbly is.
                            ------------------------------

Et meme si la route est bien longue a la fin,
                            Et meme si la doute nous fait serrer les poings
                            L'amour nous rassure, brise les murs d'incertitude...

Comment

Comment

I also got the impression that he was not dead, but then again it took me until the beginning of A Wizard Alone to get that Nita's mother was dead. I think that the timeheart thing is the biggest piece of evidence. We've never had an actually dead person not in timeheart before. I hope I'm not engaging in wishfull thinking here, because I really liked Roshaun! I will be really sad if he doesn't get a mention in the next book. A whole year. That's a long time.
                                I'm comming out of hidding too! My very first post ever.
                                "Go ahead! Panic! Do it now to avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!"

Comment

Working...
                                X