Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roshaun can't be dead. He just CAN'T.

Comment

*laugh* The Powers That Be have decreed he cannot be dead! Sorry.

Those icons are lovely.
      ------------------------------

Et meme si la route est bien longue a la fin,
      Et meme si la doute nous fait serrer les poings
      L'amour nous rassure, brise les murs d'incertitude...

Comment

^lol I know how you feel. I'm pretty sure Diane has decreed that he'll be back, though, and she pretty much qualifies as a Power in this universe.
        ---------------------
        Wellakh, O Wellakh, in splendour of gold,
        What news does the dusk bring to halls fair and old?

Comment

I'm virtually convinced he'll be back in some incarnation, but I don't think it'll be exactly the same as he was when he tried the spell. Maybe his body was lost in the inferno and his spirit is floating around somewhere, or he's been chucked out into deep space. *shrug* We'll just have to wait for book 10 to find out for sure, I suppose. (And God knows when that'll be released, since AWoM is now delayed until spring 2007.)

Comment

Really!?
            Ooh. That sucks.
            When I am riding, my heart is not in my chest, but between my knees.

Comment

Yeah, I know. well, at least it's just a year and a half, not two years like we had to wait for W@W.

Comment

'Shaun is alive. The fact that Dari couldn't find him in Timeheart (or almost-Timeheart) tells us that.

My prediction, though, is that we won't see him again for at LEAST one book, easily two or more. And I think Dari is going to spend a lot of time agonizing over the fact that he's not dead, just "gone," and that there's nothing she can really do about it until the Powers choose to bring him back.
                +++ATH0

Comment

Ohhh no. Dairine is definitely not an agonizing type of person.
                  When I am riding, my heart is not in my chest, but between my knees.

Comment

It's quite possible that she'll go through something or other of that sort, but I think she'll also be trying to find him as best she can.
                    ---------------------
                    Wellakh, O Wellakh, in splendour of gold,
                    What news does the dusk bring to halls fair and old?

Comment

well i dont know if he is dead or not, but either way i think that more will be done with this in the next book or two.
                      There is always a price, but who pays it is optional.

Comment

I vote for not-dead Roshaun. There are far too many hints that he's alive to suggest otherwise, if we're keeping with the overallsofar tone of the books... Of course, Pessimism is insisting that it's all a trick and that he's actually dead, but we're ignoring that. Uh, it would be kinda neat if he did a 'Spike', but I'm not sure that's at all likely... I don't think his body was incinerated either since I'm pretty sure that whatever the particular effects of that last spell were, they didn't have to do with separating soul and body and then letting them exist independantly... And, barring such a spell, a soul/spirit with an incinerated body probably counts as 'dead', so Dairine would have found him in Timeheart.
                        Or at least, that's a theory. And we all know how those work out.
                        On a clear day, you can see forever. ??, blessed be, and fare you all well.
                        -Twilight Eve Golden
                        Words are my medium/Colors make our soul
                        Willing dreams the universe/Which is what makes it whole.

Comment

I vote for not dead - but going to be a big impact. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a major plot point in the next book, even if we don't get to see him right away...

Traditionally, this sort of thing results in one, checking, checking, checking, beginning to suspect you're wrong, being at the verge of giving up - and then you find them.
                          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Note: Awom spoiler

I vote for not dead. He was far too complex and interesting a character to die or even leave the series in any way. (All the characters are interesting and complex, but I dare to say that Roshaun is one of the most so.)

WARNING: AWOM SPOILER~~~

Remember how Nita said, "There's dead, and then there's dead dead"? And then the entire prophecy? (More specifically the lines, The one who departed is the one who returns; Then the word long lost comes again to light/to be spoke by the watcher who silent yearns/for the lost one found...) I think both of them (prophecy and Nita's quote) apply to Roshaun I love foreshadowing!! and YW is so very full of foreshadowing.

~~~~~~~~~~~SPOILER OVER

_lifesong_
                            Last edited by LifeSong; February 27, 2011, 04:07:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X