No announcement yet.

Favorite Scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's true, although sometimes an author has to sacrifice a character so that it isn't all nice. you know, the tears aa well as the smiles.
    I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

Favorite scene? At the Crossings when Nita and Sker' are fighting in the booth. I love writing that gives me great visualizations, and that whole scene (curling iron included, of course) was fantastically written. Kept me on the edge of my seat for the whole section.

Then I'd have to say the scenes on Motherboard. I love those little guys And "oops". I laughed so hard when she said "oops" XD
      <hr color="gray" width="25%" align="left" size=1>
      Earthbound- http://www.iridiansea.net/earthbound

Comment

Alright... for like the fourth tiome, CURLING IRON, OOPS, and of couse, PONCH RETURNS

I have a comment.
        Wolves are highly socialble, loving creatures. They bury their dead puppies. they pick dens with flowers around them. they do not attack people, they are not bloodthirsty killers, they are not evil. they are wild, they are noble.just because you can't keep one for a pet doesn't mean that they should be exterminated. I'm afraid that potraying wolves as creatures of evil and darkness,whether conscously or unconscously, makes peoiple veiw real wolves like that. Please support wolves. donb't litter, waste, all that jazz. respect the, they are an old race, dating back before human beings walked upright. they deserve their respect. they are closer to their earth than any human can ever hope to become. Give them their space. Not in your wildest dreams can you imagine the thrill of the hnt, the despair of famine, and the loss of your homeland. we, as a species, have destroyed the wolves' life, and created its destruction. i advise you to read "of wolves and men", by Barry Lopez.
        I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

I like towards the end, when Carmela comes and her and Kit reunite. I think it's kind of funny. And it's already been mentioned, but it's great when Carmela bribes those space creatures with chocolate; they see it as some kind of delicacy and are fearful when Carmela threatens to unwrap it and eat it herself.
          "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

My favorite scenes would have to be...

When Neets kept "falling" on top of Sker and him asking if she wants to be "more than friends"

The last scene where Kit saw "Ponch" and went to hug "nita"

but heck i loved the whole book!!

(sorry about the excessive use of quotes.. i get excited easily) =P
            Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
            Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
            It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
            Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

I loved that part too though when Nita kept falling on Sker'et and he would ask if she wanted to be more than just great friends. I also liked the part where Kit asked Nita about that kiss. I'm not going to discuss possible couples on this topic but I did like that scene. I loved the part when they were all at the crossings and Ponch was pretending to be starving and weak so that Kit would give him food. I also liked the part when Dairine said that she couldn't wait to change and Roshaun was like the way you did before that was both entertaining and informative. Dairine was like what the heck is that supposed to mean.

There's a bunch more. But I'll type more later.
              Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
              Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

Poor Sker'et, just getting fallen on all the time. Love those scenes as well.

Mostly because of Alida's fanart, I love when Roshaun meets the Mobiles. They whole sitting in seats eating lollipops seems eternally amusing to me.

Carmela saving the day is always wonderful too.
                ---
                Interesting (adj.) - Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?

Comment

I loved every Dair Roshaun seen of course. Even though I sobbed through the whole ending, I loved it. Any carmela scene is of course gold, like the one where Kit thinks she found the wizards manual when it was the tv manual. I thought that was hilarious.
                  Look closely at your next subway token... and talk to strangers...
                  Darth Vader, look out. Here I come.
                  iPsych- The Website for the Only Psych Podcast

Comment

I loved at the end, although it was so sad. I cried. And cried. And sobbed! DD is so awesome! And JIC anyone was wondering, the person Kit ran to meet was definetly Nita!!
                    "Just how have I failed to notice Neets is hot?" ~Kit

~Lover of great books ever since she could read~

Comment

Originally posted by Mercredi View Post
                      I think my favorite scene would have to be Nita and Sker'ret doing battle with the mercenaries at the Crossings, up through Carmela showing up with her curling iron.

Another scene I liked a lot (well, not so much liked as was strongly affected by) was Nita visiting Tom only to find he'd forgotten about wizardry. That was really heart-wrenching.

Agreed, and the sound of the keyboard keys clicking.
                      I also liked it when Carl attempted to do wiring.

Comment

My favorite scenes:

Nita's conversation with Memeki. It showed that Nita could be a Senior, giving out advice that she knew Tom and Carl would have (and even had in a sense) given her.

Dairine and Roshaun on teh Mobile's home world. It showed Dairine as basically a queen to Roshaun's king.

Kit and Ponch on the Moon. It was a great realization of who Ponch was and a wonderful goodbye.

Apart from those, I loved the conversation Nita had with Millman. Skier's argument with his ancestor, and Dairine's annoyance with the One's Champion in teh cavern on Rashah

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by seabiscuit1009 View Post
                          Okay guys, I had to ask this question: what's everyone's favorite scenes from W@W? Just the sort of mindless question I come up with that I'd like to know how you guys feel...so. To begin...

One of my favorite scenes would have to be that scene with Roshaun, Dairine, and Roshaun's parents. I just thought it was very sweet, and enjoyable to read...and sort of hinted of Dairine/Roshaun. (So you all know, I don't care about ships. I don't support any certain ones, so...back to my thoughts...) You see Roshaun seeming a bit awkward, unlike the polished character he is during WH. I guess when you meet someone's parents, you see them in a different light. Another reason why I liked it: it was 11:00 on Thursday night. I was MAD. It just made me laugh and helped make my day better...

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry
                          i agree it was sweet... it made me think postive for a while

Originally posted by spyells View Post
                          I loved that part too though when Nita kept falling on Sker'et and he would ask if she wanted to be more than just great friends. I also liked the part where Kit asked Nita about that kiss. I'm not going to discuss possible couples on this topic but I did like that scene. I loved the part when they were all at the crossings and Ponch was pretending to be starving and weak so that Kit would give him food. I also liked the part when Dairine said that she couldn't wait to change and Roshaun was like the way you did before that was both entertaining and informative. Dairine was like what the heck is that supposed to mean.

There's a bunch more. But I'll type more later.
                          When did Kit asked about the kiss from Nita?
                          Although if it did happen, that is just very cute and sweet.... & I love those other scenes as well. I just can't wait for the 10th book.
                          Last edited by Kathy Li; October 26, 2010, 09:38:39 PM. Reason: merged double-post
                          A spell always works. -So You Want To Be A Wizard I wonder would it work on my sisters... hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Rubywolf View Post
                            Alright... for like the fourth tiome, CURLING IRON, OOPS, and of couse, PONCH RETURNS

I have a comment.
                            Wolves are highly socialble, loving creatures. They bury their dead puppies. they pick dens with flowers around them. they do not attack people, they are not bloodthirsty killers, they are not evil. they are wild, they are noble.just because you can't keep one for a pet doesn't mean that they should be exterminated. I'm afraid that potraying wolves as creatures of evil and darkness,whether conscously or unconscously, makes peoiple veiw real wolves like that. Please support wolves. donb't litter, waste, all that jazz. respect the, they are an old race, dating back before human beings walked upright. they deserve their respect. they are closer to their earth than any human can ever hope to become. Give them their space. Not in your wildest dreams can you imagine the thrill of the hnt, the despair of famine, and the loss of your homeland. we, as a species, have destroyed the wolves' life, and created its destruction. i advise you to read "of wolves and men", by Barry Lopez.
                            I agree. I agree very much. I agree... very much.

Thank you, Rubywolf.

I don't think the Wolf that Ate the Moon was specifically meant "against" wolves though. DD wouldn't do that. Besides, it was in Book 1 that Nita "would have far preferred wolves to perytons, because wolves were sociable creatures."

The Wolf that Ate the Moon didn't annoy me, it was the dire wolves in AWAb... but that's another story...

And my favorite scene? What, I have to pick?!

Well... I liked... the scene on Wellakh (Motherrrrr...!!) and the scene with the lollipops, and where Ponch was howling, and the "oops," and the "for the TV!!" and "I am going to eat it alllll...." and... yeah. There were lots more. I liked it all.

*wolves rock*

--LifeSong
                            Last edited by LifeSong; February 6, 2011, 02:24:14 PM. Reason: Sorry. It was "dire wolves."

Comment

I love all the scenes ... but I love the romance & awkward ones the best as well as the funny & amusing ones...
                              A spell always works. -So You Want To Be A Wizard I wonder would it work on my sisters... hmm...

Comment

Working...
                              X