No announcement yet.

Favorite Scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to pick just one?! Um.. lets see... Carmela vs. the Lone Powere-"oops?", Nita almost sacrificing herself, Dari and Ro visiting the mobles AND Ro's parents-hehe-"Mothhherrrr!" hehe
    --May we go where errantry takes us,doing Their business and the Ones, and when we meet Him say "Fairest and Fallen, greeting and defiance!"

Comment

I loved Carmela's chocolate sceene! She is such a fun character. Then when Ronan commented on Dairine's sheets. I loved any sceence with a romance between Dairine and Roshaun. I cried at the end with Ponch coming back. I loved the entire book but those were some of my highlights!

Comment

The Ponch Transcendent scene. I honestly cried at that point, something that I don't do often (read: at all).

And after that? The sheepdog and Kit scene. Another beautifully written evocative scene.
        Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
        Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

One of my favorite scenes that hasn't been mentioned yet (I think) Is the wonderful conversations between the different characters and the Hesper-to-be. I loved how Ponch was explaining the world.

And then the Nita/Mimeki scene...Wow.

Other favorites:
          -Dairine and Roshaun together for what might be the last time.
          -Meeting the parents.
          -Carmela and lots of black-market chocolate.

Comment

My favorite isPonch Transcendant (I also cried there and when Ponch came back as sheepdog) Another is Nita, Carmela Sker'ret in the choclae situation, actually I liked a lot of scenes, I can't even list them all.
            Tourist, Rincewind decided, meant "idiot".
            Terry Pratchett, The Colour of Magic
            Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
            Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

Comment

Um... favorite scene? I'd have to say when Ponch battled the dark wolf.

also, the black market chocolate scene. "I'm going to eat it all!" hahahaha.

aaaah well.
              I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

okay i am gunna name a few first is when Dari and Ro go to see his parents that was awesome

next would b when 'mela blew the king up

then the we'll rot together thing from dari

then at the very end of the book *moves this one up to the top of her list* i loved the last chapter soooooo much
                "There's only one thing you should know, I've put my trust in you! Pushed as far as i can go"

Comment

This may not exactly be a scene, but I rather like, "I would never lose my balance. I am a paragon of grace and stability." Some other favorites:

--Nita at Tom's when he has lost wizardry, which was heart-wrenching and well-written
                  --Kit and Darryl's reunion
                  --Dairine's dream
                  --Ronan's complaining about the Callahan women
                  --The "dogfight" in the Heavens
                  --Ronan and Dairine "bickering" about her many names
                  I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

Oh yeah.... I like
                    I would never lose my balance. I am a paragon of grace and stability.
                    do you guys think that Roshaun is really dead? His "death" seemed really unclimatic. He was there and then he was Not. (i capitalized "Not" on purpose. it's a referance to A Wind in the Door {Madelyn L'engle})
                    I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

i don't think he's dead personally...not because of anticlamatics, or anything...just because...i don't. why kill off a character so suddenly like that? i mean, i get that sometiemws authors just torture characters, but there's usually a purpose to it...
                      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

true... true... That's what I like about being a writer. I can do anything. I am powerful...Almighty... I am a creator... and I can make things that aren't real, very real indead.

Comment

which is another reason i like fantasy...you can make ANYTHING happen, as long as you give a good reason for it...of course, the trick is still having a good reason for it...and you don't just kill characters without a reason, still. (to get back on topic before i get yelled at)
                          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I wonder why DD killed Rashaun? (did she?)Any ideas? i was thinking that she might have wanted Dairine to go through another emotional chaos.

Comment

It made some great scenes I think; and, ohhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! I think she wrote it because she wanted to show a different side of Dairine, to show how sensitive she is and how much she loved him... hmm... love is a big word. Did she love him yet? I think she did.
                              they were so cute!
                              sehlinger
                              -AND I AM GOING TO EAT....IT... ALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

rubywolf: I wonder why DD killed Rashaun? (did she?)Any ideas? i was thinking that she might have wanted Dairine to go through another emotional chaos.
                                i don't think she did...there's no reason for it, unless she did, as you say, want to put darine in emotional chaos, and as far as i know, there's nothing that would be accomplished by that. its possible that she just did it for a twist, but killing a character is kinda hard on an auther (at least, it would be on me, considering how much time i put into them making them like real people) so i can't see them being crafted and killed for just that...

Comment

Working...
                                X