Favorite Scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Scenes

Okay guys, I had to ask this question: what's everyone's favorite scenes from W@W? Just the sort of mindless question I come up with that I'd like to know how you guys feel...so. To begin...

One of my favorite scenes would have to be that scene with Roshaun, Dairine, and Roshaun's parents. I just thought it was very sweet, and enjoyable to read...and sort of hinted of Dairine/Roshaun. (So you all know, I don't care about ships. I don't support any certain ones, so...back to my thoughts...) You see Roshaun seeming a bit awkward, unlike the polished character he is during WH. I guess when you meet someone's parents, you see them in a different light. Another reason why I liked it: it was 11:00 on Thursday night. I was MAD. It just made me laugh and helped make my day better...

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Well...I support some And I do support D/R, so...yeah, that was one of my favorite scenes too. Just the image a Roshaun going "Mottthhheerrrr..." had me in stitches. I also was a bit struck by the part where Ronan and Kit are kind of eyeballing Dari and Ro and they both are like "ha, they'll never understand!" *sniff* It's just so...Dari and Ro!

Also-- the "Timeheart" scene. Ah, the angst (and the hope...hehe, spiffy prophetic mobiles).

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

I think my favorite scene would have to be Nita and Sker'ret doing battle with the mercenaries at the Crossings, up through Carmela showing up with her curling iron.

Another scene I liked a lot (well, not so much liked as was strongly affected by) was Nita visiting Tom only to find he'd forgotten about wizardry. That was really heart-wrenching.

Comment

Mercredi, you took the words out of my mouth!
        The Crossings- Oh, Carmela, just... Ooh! *Bouncebouncebounce* I've said it enough other places so I won't clog it up here. But... tcha. And how completely selfless Nita was in almost giving up her life to defend the Crossings.
        And Nita visiting Tom. It speaks for itself. It hits her home hard enough (ooh, excessive alliteration) to really inspire her.
        The only thing I'd add to that would be the Dairine and Roshaun's Meet-The-Parents. With the whole dressing fiasco to Roshaun's father's questions about their relationship?
        Who am I kidding? The whole book was great!
        When I am riding, my heart is not in my chest, but between my knees.

Comment

I loved the scene where Kit was trying to talk to Nita about Ronan. That line about Nita looking at Ronan like "you-annoy-me-but-I-can't-take-my-eyes-off-you" put wind into the sails of my ship!!

I personally loved the scene where Dairine and Roshaun went to the Mobiles' world.

Comment

Ok. Here's some originals for you, I am going to repeat everyone but anyway... my favs:
            1) Roshaun and Dair vs. Parents
            *dies laughing, silly smirk and grin on face, bursts out in laughter @ Motthhheeerrr!*
            2) Carmela convincing the tawalfs with the chocolates. I had to actually stop and point the part out to my friend, and I even went as far as making her read it.
            3)"I'm lying on an effing star wars bedspread. Will I ever be able to look myself in the eye again?"
            *chokes with laughter, is rolling about on the floor*
            jeez I loved the whole book!
            sehlinger
            And I am going to eat... it... all...
            -AND I AM GOING TO EAT....IT... ALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

I particularly liked Carl in the last chapter: "'Imagine not doing anything but work for the TV station.' He shuddered. 'It was a nightmare.'" I was also awfully fond of Carmela showing up at the Crossings and the scene with Tom and Nita in the middle. *sniff* But I also really liked Ronan and the Spear- and I really loved the twychild. They were so cheerful!
              Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

And I am going to eat... it... all...
                HA HA HAAA!!!
                I was Carmela for Halloween! God, I should've taken pictures! I had a curling iron with multicolored yarn wrapped all around it and red hair streaks and insanely brightly-colored clothing... ha ha, it rocked!

Comment

Wow, Alethia, I wish I lived near you so I could see that! Sometime I want to go as Dairine or Roshaun...that would be so much fun. I would probably be Roshaun, actually, because I like to cross-dress anyways, so...yeah.

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

I was thinking about doing that, because I'd just take my Palm Pilot and wear a large sparkly pendant thing... but ya need a Roshaun as well. Maybe next year, ey?

Comment

I second the comment about S. and N. defending the Crossings, and Carmela negotiating with the tawalfs, especially the New York accent of her Speech. Now I have to go out and find out where to get that particular brand of chocolate (is a fan of dark chocolate). Mmmmm...

BTW, I had to go all the way to LONDON to find a copy of W@W. Forbidden Planet is a GREAT store, but that doesn't say a lot about our local Borders, which still doesn't have any in yet.
                      "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                      "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

Oh my god....

FINAL SCENE FINAL SCENE FINAL SCENE.

Yes.

Ponch fighting the wolf-darkness on the moon.
                        Mobiles!
                        All K/N stuff since, in a drastic reversal, I'm madly shipping them.
                        Basically everything everybody has already said...oh God, Tom when he'd forgotten his wizardry...I think I was gasping in shock when I first read that. What a horrible feeling.

*sigh* I loved this book so much...there are so many good scenes...but the way it ended was just...amazing (too many ellipses!).
                        *Ella*
                        "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                        There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                        And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                        What could mean more than this?"
                        --Bright Eyes

Comment

chocolate black market! yeeeeeeaaah!
                          hahahahaha!
                          I like the whole part on Wellakh because it's just so tense.
                          It's also kind fo funny when Carmella just can't belive that Nita knew this "way too hot" guy and never told her.

Comment

TCHA CHOCOLATE BLACK MARKET!!!
                            And I am going to eat... it... ALL!!!
                            *Minatory music accompanied by flashes of lightning*
                            Lol, you have to love her!

Comment

I thought that the end was the best. Especially with Kit so depressed. It was the only time I've ever cried because of reading a book besides when Nita's mom died (I'm a bit.... obsessed with the books).

Next was the "We'll rot together" scene with Dairine and Roshaun. And finally, the scene with Nita at the koi pond. So many memories. *reflects back on Nita tossing a penny into the pond*
                              Ronan's my role model. He's cool, smart, and has a pen that can destroy whatever he wants it to. If only life were that easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X