No announcement yet.

Wizards at War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hehe, yeah...I have so many things I want to print places. *sigh* Maybe next summer...

"That's right," he said. "We're philosophers. We think, therefore we am."
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
    *Look kindly upon the decaffienated one*
    My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
    OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
    --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

now this is what I call off topic. sorry, but I think you need to get used to my saying whether everyone is offtopic or not. anyways, I wonder what kind of invasion its going to be in wizards at war? i mean, its obviously going to concern the LP, but like what kind of aliens and stuff? maybe there'll be more BEMs from HW. that would be pretty cool. although it would also be cool if the series never ever ever ever had to end. i would love that.

I love YW series. Blah blah blah blah blah, I also think a;ldskjghas;dglhas;dfgkh. I am really crazy and stupid and funny and dumb and extremely smart. I hope I get to know everybody wish I was registered for this place since it was first here.

Comment

i don't like bems

i'm the queen of insanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

hey, guys. one thing I never really got about the BEMs was what B-E-M stands for.???? cause obviously they're really bad dudes working for the LP, but I just dont get B-E-M.

I love YW series. Blah blah blah blah blah, I also think a;ldskjghas;dglhas;dfgkh. I am really crazy and stupid and funny and dumb and extremely smart. I hope I get to know everybody wish I was registered for this place since it was first here.

Comment

"BEM" stands for "bug-eyed monster," I believe. They showed up enough in science fiction for a while that people started joking about them.

And apparently, while the ones chasing Dairine were obviously not the most savory beings in the universe, the Lone Power had tricked them one way or another into chasing her.

I think that the war in the title is going to start very soon after the events of the seventh book, if it hasn't already. And that it will be quite wide-ranging.

And that we'll see the Starsnuffer aspect brought back up.

Comment

Whee... I'm working on the newest Young Wizard roleplaying sites... Avidgamers has seen only one other so far... mine is NOT done, and I'm not taking applications until it is, but it looks good so far I kind of hope Diane Duane approves when it's finished, because I'm spending FOREVER on it -_- oh well

If you want to take a look at the front (I'm adding stuff every day, so don't judge the stuff that's up right now ) the URL is www.avidgamers.com/abroad/

-Carolyn

Iin Life's name, and for Life's sake, I assert that I will employ my Art, looking always to the heart of Time, where all our myriad worlds lie whole...

[This message was edited by Worldgating Team Member on 16 October 2003 at 20:27.]
              Iin Life's name, and for Life's sake, I assert that I will employ my Art, looking always to the heart of Time, where all our myriad worlds lie whole...

Comment

WTM: why not join ours in the meantime? Please? http://www.avidgamers.com/playroom/
                We'd love some more people to join...
                T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
                Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Birdhead: I'd rather stick with mine. I have enough to keep up with at the moment. Also you haven't made many changes to your layout, which is usually a bad sign it tells a viewer that you don't know much HTML...
                  A tip: work on that

Comment

*raises eyebrows* We don't. So?
                    1. it's a site only for YW.net forum members, who know us...
                    2. Sorry, the layout is important? Don't get me wrong, I think layout is important. But not in an RPG site, really... and too much HTML makes it _too_ hard to read, usually.
                    it's called a learning process.... you may have been born knowing a lot of HTML, but we weren't.
                    T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                    Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                    Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
                    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

*nods* I don't know about avidgamer, but people who make layout changes on their livejournals have an exasperating tendency to render them nearly illegible, at least from my computer/browser combination. Of course, I suppose if you're really good at it this sort of thing doesn't happen....

Getting back on topic, if nobody objects to my digressing in this fashion.... I wonder if the mobiles will be in the next book? Is the trouble just ("just"!) within the same galactic arm earth happens to occupy, or more widespread? It didn't appear to be affecting Alaalu, but then, Alaalu was in an odd situation due to details of their Choice. It might've been untouchable. (Of course, it wouldn't have to be in the area of the motherboard to get the mobiles involved, I should think. They can always transit or worldgate.)

Comment

Birdhead: Woah, don't get me wrong here! I wasn't meaning to cause offense - I didn't know ANY html a month ago... Ok I knew bolds and italics and font color, but that's seriously about it. I worked at it. I went to soup-faerie.com and the Neopets HTML guids so my site would shape up. I hired people in chatrooms to explain stuff to me, and lastly I just messed around with the website itself, typing random stuff into the tags. When I say "Work on that" I don't mean it in a negative way... I mean it in the sense of how I succeeded.

And I still don't know enough HTML to keep a website alive, which is why my site isn't open yet. I want it to be the best of the best before I put it out there.

-Rrraua

Comment

I feel so unloved... I don't have A Wizard's Holiday. I should get A Wizard's Holiday, even though it's in hardcover but...

I NEED TO GET A WIZARD'S HOLIDAY!!!

-MaThFrEaK
                          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Don't feel bad. I don't have it either. *sniff* My mom won't take me to the bookstore and my library doesn't have it yet. I'll die from old age before my mom finally takes me anywhere. I can't wait to get my driver's liscence.

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?

Curiosity mauled the cat and left it on the side of the road.
                            I will rejoice in the moonlight;
                            I will dance in the rivers of my tears;
                            For I am joyously, wonderfully alive!

Make your own laws or be a slave to another man's. -William Blake

School is hell with flourescent lighting.

Comment

I bet Wizards at War will be like the war in Wizard Abroad. Only I think it's gonna be without the adults...

*Agent~M*
                              "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
                              "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
                              *Agent~M*
                              "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                              "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                              "I could live

Comment

Yay YAY!! I just applied to the.... uhhhh.... this thingy:: http://www.avidgamers.com/playroom/
                                and my band wrote.... well I basically wrote it cuz none of the other ppl in my band read the books really xcept one prsn read SYWTBAW. anyways I wrote a song called "In Life's Name" and it rocks!! Literally!! YaY Yay!!

--Faoyli
                                "be the believer, I m always the dreame in reality, creativity is always the case with me, seems like a conspirousy, everything happens for a reason, .... see how the world turns up on the moon how it glows they say dont sweat the small stuffs blown out of proportion while the just keeps on turning....In Life's name, In Life's Sake, can't live without it do what the knight tells you, and dont look down."
                                --taken from LostAndFound(my band)'s song "In Life's Name"

~*KsSk8er*~
                                Hogwarts Dropout
                                "Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."- Carl Jung.
                                "Don't be afraid to lend a hand. And don't look down!!"
                                Dai Stiho
                                ~*KsSk8er*~
                                "She leaped off the table and tore into the living room. There was a brief sound of scrabbling, and then from the living room, Kit said, "Uh, Annie, your cat just went up the chimney..."
                                Dai Stiho:grin&bounce:

Comment

Working...
                                X