No announcement yet.

"Book of Night With Moon" a pun!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I would have never thought of that. And it is completely coincidental! I've had similar occurrences, but nothing that epic. Congrats, Ardub! You've made my day.
    ~Rachel

Comment

Finally! The answer!!

Thanks for reveling that Ardub!! I would never have thought of that either.
      Ars longa, vita brevis
      (Art is long, life is brief) -- Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Diane Duane View Post
        I looked at that and thought, "I need something a little shorter..."
        Heh, good thing this was before bound books... "Scribe! Engrave this on the spine!" Seems like that wouldn't be a bad gig, writing books meant to be read only by the dead. An "emperor's new clothes" scenario -- you could stall the publisher endlessly, demanding additional advances, and remind them that if they ever proofread you, then surely they will die.

...The only thing I can add to this is the suggestion that if I was going to hide myself in a book this way, I'd either (a) be a lot more obvious about it or (b) be completely indetectable.

Nonetheless: nice theory. (applause)
        Thanks! Well, maybe we're looking at this from the wrong direction, and the Powers hid the book in your name... You know, in the grand tradition of herioc literature where the protagonist's lifelong quest is to make good on their name, you could take this as confirmation that you've been on the right path all along. :-)

...or... that a very different destiny awaits
        Ardub
        r:w)

Comment

...The only thing I can add to this is the suggestion that if I was going to hide myself in a book this way, I'd either (a) be a lot more obvious about it or (b) be completely indetectable.
          Well, I know which short story fits (a) -- have you done (b) yet? :-) And if so, where?
          "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Aha, I think I found you in type (b)! ;-)

In HW, in the Crossings bar, Dairine was helped out by The Doctor. But of course he wouldn't be out adventuring alone, he'd have a Companion with him. I assert that you're the unmentioned but implicit person sitting down for a drink in the Crossings with the Doctor!

How's that for tortured logic?
            Ardub
            r:w)

Comment

Working...
            X