"Book of Night With Moon" a pun!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Book of Night With Moon" a pun!?!

Wow, a lightbulb just went on over my head at a glimmer of a possibility of a really great pun, so I looked up a word to see if it could possibly mean what I guessed, and it pretty much does, so I think I'm right. I'm going to be mysterious about this, because I don't want to completely spoil the joke, so I'll just suggest that everyone take a long hard think about the title of the Light Book and see if you come to the same "Aha!!!" that I just did.

Wow. wow.
    Ardub
    r:w)

*growlz* I don't like mysterious people. *sobs* Please, please, PLEASE, tell me the pun. PM me, if you don't want to spoil it for others.
    I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

theres a pun with the book... cant think of any what is it?????? now my head hurts from trying to figure out what it is... where did you find it?
      its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

Well, here's the problem: the same intuition that tells me my theory is right also tells me that this is to be left for each person to discover on their own. Or to put it more technically: This play-on-words is protected by a Level 10 Oath-referential non-disclosure wizardry, violators subject to forfeiture of Timehart visa eligibility, afternoon snacks, or both.

So until I'm corrected on one point (the pun), or the other (the secrecy), by the only one here who can, then mum's the word.

Just look at the cover for a while.
        Ardub

Comment

you're evil. Plus, i don't have time...i've only got five minutes left on the library computer, and i don't quite see it...(and i don't think there's a series of oath protections on it no matter what it is. :P)
          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

It makes good light reading?
            __________________________________________________ ________________________
            "Meddle not in the affairs of Orcs, for you are crunchy and we aren't fussy about condiments."

Comment

No no, that's "heh heh" funny. I'm talking jaw-dropping, hit-over-the-head-with-a-large-planet amazing.

Well, one week until a chat. Hopefully I'll be able to drop in and ask. If not, someone else ask for me.
              Ardub

Comment

I am soo confused and I have a headache *gets up to take some Tylenol* can you PM me if you don't want to tell everyone yet. That would be so great.
                why is it possible we could lose afternoon snacks and timeheart...that's soo not fair. I am shocked.
                Thanks...CraftyDancer15@AOL.com
                ~We're the kinda friends that kill each other for a handful of Doritos and in the end we don't say sorry we say Haha! Too bad!!~. Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.

Comment

Sadly my brain is prone to the "heh heh" funny. Even now I'm trying to draw a connection between the bright Book and Margaret Wise Brown's Goodnight Moon...
                  __________________________________________________ ________________________
                  "Meddle not in the affairs of Orcs, for you are crunchy and we aren't fussy about condiments."

Comment

I haven't even read that book yet...but if it's that funny, could you please PM me or something? I'd like to find out for myself, but I'm about to get kicked off of the computer, and I never have any time to simply stare at covers of books. *sighs and stares into space, dreaming of times in the past when that was possible*
                    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Originally posted by kk:
                      I haven't even read that book yet...but if it's that funny, could you please PM me or something?
                      You don't need to read the book, just look at the title and the picture he shows you.

Originally posted by Ardub:
                      Well, here's the problem: the same intuition that tells me my theory is right also tells me that this is to be left for each person to discover on their own.
                      Who are you, one of the Powers That Be? Anyway, will you ever tell us what it is?

Never mind, I think i just figured out what it is. If i'm right, it's an ironic joke.
                      "If his grin was any wider the top of his head would have fallen off"
                      -Terry Pratchett
                      Candyman Jr, Master Procrastinator, Joe Green, Vashmata, Master of Technology

Comment

I missed the rescheduled last chat, so I'll wait till the next one to ask about it.
                        Ardub

Comment

you guys, this isn't far. i'm to literal to see any 'pun'. i can't look at things like that. they just won't...click for me. can you please, please, please just tell us? it hurts
                          -"Though speach be unlearn'd, The wisdom be earn'd,"
                          Cairpre, the bard, The Lost Years of Merlin book 3
                          http://inheritanceseries.freeforums....ce41240a2f1add

Comment

Can someone who knows the pun PLEASE give hints? Or if we ask yes or no questions about what it has to do about, can you answer them?

(If so, my question would be: Does it have anything to do with the time on the clock on the statue?)
                            Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Originally posted by kk:
                              (If so, my question would be: Does it have anything to do with the time on the clock on the statue?)
                              I was talking to Ardub, and he said that you don't really need the pic to figure it out, so i guess not, but you can ask him anyways
                              "If his grin was any wider the top of his head would have fallen off"
                              -Terry Pratchett
                              Candyman Jr, Master Procrastinator, Joe Green, Vashmata, Master of Technology

Comment

Working...
                              X