Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could be given the oath, would you be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dai Maelstrom
    (I also hate textspeak and mispellings). I'm qujite good with languages.
    UM well uh i think you mean quite. Thats a mispelling Your gonna hate me. I misspell everything. My teacher gave me a quiz back and told me to take it home and fix the spelling before he would even grade it.

Well helo( ) again Mael(your new nickname)
    (\__/) "Be amazing"
    (+'.'+)
    (")_(")

Comment

• Originally posted by Maelstrom:
      I got really angry when I discovered that my school didn't have a paper recycling policy, (they do now, finally)[...], and I depspise racists.
      First, my school also just got paper recycling, but do you not mind about plastic recycling?

second, you also misspelled "despise". Sorry, I'm feeling braggy because i just won a pre-pre-"school speelling bee contest"(not "pre" as in "pre-school", but as in "before"

third, to go back on topic, I'm starting to get my brother's habits of ALWAYS turning off lights. I don't know how I would handle the scary situations that come with wizardry, but i think I would survive.

I'm feeling braggy because i just won a pre-pre-"school speelling bee contest"
      whoops, spelling
      "If his grin was any wider the top of his head would have fallen off"
      -Terry Pratchett
      Candyman Jr, Master Procrastinator, Joe Green, Vashmata, Master of Technology

Comment

• I think that if I was truly, actualy faced with the choice, then yes, I would take the oath. But if I'm not really faced with it, then it's hard to say whether I would or not. Last night, while I was trying to silently (literaly, trying to say NOTHING out loud) memorize the Oath, I fell asleep thinking about whether I would or wouldn't. I really like reading, I usualy can't get to sleep without it, or just don't like to. It irks me when someone *coughyoungersistercough* uses overly incorrect vocabulary, and I don't know why. I sometimes fall asleep thinking about why's, and wishing I could change things that I have no control over, and imagining worlds in my mind that seem nearly real (enough so if they are in a real place, that when I go to the place again I get hit with an abnormal sense of de ja vou). I guess you could say that I would be a good wizard, and I sure wish enough. Even if never is nearly always *is purposly attempting to be cryptic*, see my siggy. I think it's true, or could be.
        On a clear day, you can see forever. ??, blessed be, and fare you all well.
        -Twilight Eve Golden
        Words are my medium/Colors make our soul
        Willing dreams the universe/Which is what makes it whole.

Comment

• Were I faced with the choice, then I would certainly take it.
          D'fr: I can't go to sleep without reading either. It's odd, even though it's usually around 1:00 when I go to bed...

I'm really happy. this year my school has both plastic and paper recycling, as to throwing out paper. it's pretty nice... last year they didn't and.... I was pretty much in agony every time I saw a class empty out their binders and throw the paper away.
          Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

• I'd jump on it, I know that if I had the wizardry there would be so much good that I could do. There is so much that could be done locally that just isn't.

I know what you mean Wolf. At my high school we have regular locker clean out days and literally dumpsters upon dumpsters of paper is thrown out. A group of people started a pettition to recyle it but- nothing happened. I got in trouble for taking two dumpsters ( on the sly ) to the paper recyle dumpster and tossing the paper in.
            No, that's ok. I'll take the bird with me.

Comment

• Wait... you got in trouble for RECYCLING??? that's really wrong . wow, I wouldn't want to be in your school. unfortunately, my SS teacher ( I talked about him in TTOGR, well, he doesn't have recycling and encourages us to throw stuff away when we are cleaning out our notebooks. I dodn't. Instead, I took the papers to my next class and recycled them. I would hate to get in trouble for that. Good job on doing what you can to help the environment! *grins wolfishly* I like it when people help my enviroment (the woods) remain, you know?
              *changes human for VERY short time*

Wow two whole dumpsters. Wow. That is a lot of wasted paper. it's sad poeple think that's OK.

So that I can be slightly on topic- i think that I would be given the oath, and I would take it (as i already have...) because I would jump on the chance for wizardry and a way to help out with pollution, entropy, everything I could, really.
              Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

• Quarterlife crisis

I've taken too long to find it I'm old now, I don't have the raw power I used to!

Comment

• there's a coppy of it on the site ( the other one .)
                  I tok it and nothing happend, hmmm.
                  but if I found a manual I wold jump at the chance.
                  I'm a real book worm, a huge vocab for some one my age, and I'm yong enugh it won't matter.
                  Life is short, eat dessert first!

Comment

• I think we've all taken the oath one way or another. I took it, and now I've seen some things happen, but after all aren't we all wizards either way? Protecting life is something we do every day, even if we don't realize it.
                    Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

• I'd take it in a heartbeat - and almost every person in this forum DOES read it occasionally as a guilty pleasure.
                      Admittidly, we know that nothing is going to happen - as much as we wish otherwise - but I think if any of us were given it, we'd take it in the excitement, and only even think of regretting it later, if ever... Fact of the matter is, though, someone who doesn't at least WANT to be a wizard wouldn't be given the chance. Which, in turn, means it's a matter of whether your fear is overriding that desire when it comes to whether or not you say yes.
                      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• When I first read the book I was absolutaly sure I would take it, now not so much.
                        The problem is I can't get past the danger part of it.
                        The other problem is in the fush of the first book I said it and after that I keep thinking I'm seeing someone behind me.

Comment

• When I say the oath I always feel a small wind behind me. Truthfully I would take the oath anytime. I'm somewhat attracted to trouble and danger, but I'm also cautious, so no matter what would happen I would be perceptive, and I would also remember that the oath is a choice that I made. As long as its a given choice, I will say yes.
                          Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

• If I were given the oath, I would probably say yes.

I am such a bookworm and love words, talking and learning new languages. But I do lye a lot, 2nd but, but I do have a lot of trouble lasting a long time without telling the truth... So what do u think?
                            (True,) the white hole said. (my name is Khairelikoblepharehglukumeilichephreidosd'enagooun i--) and at the same time he went flickering through a pattern of colors that was evidently the visual translation."Ky--elik" Nita began. "Fred," Kit said quickly.

Comment

• I'm really not sure.

I would love to, but what would be holding me back isn't that danger, but the thought of not being able to share it with the people I love most, if they couldn't accept it.

Erasing someone's memories is the most heartbreaking thing I can think of.
                              I would EAT THE HELL outta that steak, then try to guilt the cow into dying just for being a cow. I'd be all "NOM NOM HEY COW YOU'RE NOT MEAT YET WHAT GIVES JERK" and then I'd glare and give it the silent treatment. Same goes for pigs and chickens... I would guilt a FLOCK of chickens into poultrycide in a heartbeat. "HEY YOU'RE A CHICKEN HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT"- Madhatte

Comment

Working...
                              X