Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could be given the oath, would you be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still go by my orriginal stance that i'd be good for it...but i'm not really sure about how i do under pressure..i've never really BEEN under preasure...at least not when i was expected to do anything at the same time...tons of stress, but no real preasure...:P But i think i could handle it.
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• If I could, yes, I would accept. I am a total bookworm, not waistful, and have an extremly difficult time lieing. I am good with words, and am beliving and willing. If possable, yes, I would take th oath.
      ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
      Yes I'm a witch, deal with it! So mote it be! My other car is a broom. Blessed Be! A.D.

Comment

• I would, like, toatly accept. That is because I have always wanted to help people in a way that not many can, and I would also like to have so much knowalge,travle more, learn a new language, get a new book, and have the feeling of power.
        Need help with homework, E-Mail me @ elizabeth1ofengland@yahoo.com I am ALWAYS bored!! Or, if u want a brief lesson on Tudor era Monarchy.

Comment

• Yes the feeling of power would be great but the thought of helping other beings and people far outways the joy of holding a kind of power.
          Fox
          God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• I would like to accept. But my parents would never allow me to get into the kind of trouble Neets and Kit get into. Oh, yeah and Dairine too.

Comment

• So don't tell them! Jk...and what are they going to do? tell you you're not alowed to stop the world from being destroyed...And i agree about the whole helping people thing...though with me i'd love just as much the fact that i had magic...not because of the power, but simply at the idea that something like that could exist and i have it. That's just me though...and i also love the idea of helping people...but that part was already covered.
              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• I already took the oath am still waiting for the results to come to me. I am also waiting for my dragon egg too.

"You can give up and forget but a part of you will always remember you were something more."-I totaly just paraphrased there.
                "We are all just Slowlife." - Me
                "Oh, to soar high in the sky on the back of a dragon."- Me
                "Songs are the soul of life"-?

Comment

• Of course I would! I think I could do it. I would have the strength, I think.
                  "People...stop being mean to each other. Especially for the sake of laughs. IT SPEEDS UP ENTROPY." -Diane Duane

Comment

• Yes! i wish like crazy that i could be a wizard!!
                    if i had three wishes, my first wish is that wizardy was real!!

sometimes i have dreams about YW characters.

(once i actually saw one of the characters from my dream at the supermarket that in my dream was Kit, but i don't know his name)
                    ----
                    oh, and also,

did u know that cleaning your room SPEEDS UP ENTROPY!!!! seriosly, i looked it up. picking stuff off the floor defys gravity, the orginizational force of the universe, thus speeding up entropy by defying that force!!

[edited to consolidate double-post. kk, you want to take a look at the Board FAQ and learn how to edit posts.--kli.]
                    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• KK: i somehow don't see that working as an argument not to clean up my room...the cleaning speeding up entropy i mean...anyways, i think magics already real, so my wish would have to be that i knew how to use it and could do so.

Comment

• i think it would be given to me. I am a fight to the death type person and i don't take NO for an answer. I definatly LOVE to read and learn..so yeah
                        "There's only one thing you should know, I've put my trust in you! Pushed as far as i can go"

Comment

• well, yeah, i guess i probably would. i mean, i am a booknerd, and i am learning Latin easily, and i am CRAZY about saving energy and the environment. so yeah i believe i probably would. except i've taken it like six times and im still waiting for something to happen, so i dunno.
                          ---
                          and also i am able to deal well under lots of stress. i never give up on anything either. one time i took three hours to do the two extra credit problems on a take home test cause i wouldnt give up. i used to lie a lot, but i can only lie to teachers. i am a horrible liar to anyone else. i try not to lie anymore. i think thats it for the wizardly expectations, so i mostly fit them.

[edited to consoliate double-post. Fortise, you might want to check out the Board FAQ in the Newbie forum. --kli.]

Comment

• Yes! I have already taken the oath (old and new version). I'm a dreamer and a bookworm.

Comment

• I have already taken the oath also, but just because you say it doesn't necessarily mean its going to come to you. not ony do you have to be patient, but you also have to work at it. It's like remembering to get the cabbage out of the crisper, as YoungReader put it. It's notlike your having fun with friends and all of a sudden the Powers tell you to go and get the cabage out of the crisper. YOU have to work at it. YOU have to remember. THEY are depending on YOU.
                              and even if you think you have very little chance of being a wizard, you have to remember very few are. and you shouldn't try to keep earth a better place just because you think "ooh! If I do this and that I'll be a wizard!!". it doesn't work that way and everybody (believers and non-believers) knows that. You live here, you should clean it up. No matter if your'e a wizard or not. We all have the power to slow down (maybe even one day stop) entropy, some just more than others. What we all need to do is use the power we're given, instead of wishing for more! what makes you think the Powers will give you more power when you haven't even used the power you have.
                              And like one of the YW books say, the powers don't hand it out to just anybody. and the powers can take as long as they think you need till you're ready. don't just give up on the idea of magic because you haven't been sent on ordeal yet. keep beleiving. but use what power you have now to make a difference. maybe one day you will be sent on ordeal, and maybe not. maybe 30 years from now, everyone who has said " I believe" will look back glumly and say "what a fool I was for believeing". If any of you do say that, what you need to say is "what a fool I was for not using the power I was given". like I said earlier, what makes you think the Powers are going to give you more power when you haven't even used what power you have. Thats what the Powers are looking for.

Comment

• It's not about taking the Oath and getting wizardry. The magic is in believing that you can make a difference with or without wizardry, and doing your best to help the universe on your own, which can be hard.
                                Now that I consider the Oath in this way, it adds even more to my sense of what is right.
                                I think I took the Oath a while ago, but an important point is that it doesn't work unless you find the Manual and get the Speech version, right? I love to believe that it's still possible for me to find a kind of magic as I grow older(I'm 15, past the age for much of the magic in fantasy); I love reading(duh) and I sometimes feel bad about how easy French is for me. I love learning new big words, I try to conserve and protect as best I can, and I don't lie a lot... So I guess that I have a nice chance*renews postponed and forgotten hoping*
                                Oh! and I guess that this is simnilar to what W.I.T. said, so I agree with that.
                                "Half of the ehhif on the planet go to bed with empty stomachs: the other half die of eating themselves sick...." -Rhiow,The Book of Night With Moon

Comment

Working...
                                X