Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could be given the oath, would you be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i fit most of the qualities and have become an envioromental conservantion freak, and always turn off the lights when i leave a room. (IHAVE TAKEN THE OATH I just don't have courage. it would be awesome to talk to trees! i wold never b bored

---
    Originally posted by Mel:
    oh, and just as a Post Script,
    YW is totally better than HP. what's the point? Why do some people have wizardry and others don't? What's the deal!!!
    I AGREE

[edited to consolidate double-post, fix tagging, and tsk-tsk over the "me-too" one-liner. --kli]

Comment

yeah.. if the oath comes to me in the first place.. i dont fit most of the qualities except liking to read and not liking to waste.. LoL.. (i keep doing more than one things at a time on the comp for instance) but i change truths (oops!!)

dangers lurk.. life tethers.. but most of all, adventures occur!!

Comment

Yes, I took the Oath...

I think I could make it as a wizard because I always read before I go to bed, and I can persuade a lot of people to do a lot of things! Also, I am really good with words....

Comment

Originally posted by S'ree:
          I can persuade a lot of people to do a lot of things!
          In my point of view, I think that the people you can persuade just let themselves be persuaded anyway, because they can't make a decisison. (This is at least true in my case....) However, it is still very great to be able to accomplish that, as it means that you have helped (a good deed indeed) others to make decisions, indirectly and in a subtle way (which means without "forcing" them to do it)

PS: no offence, but sorry if i offended you

Comment

Holy cow, this thing is still going. Wow.

I like what Sauron has to say about it.

Does the oath present itself to those who mabye aren't quite ready for it? Do you think that anyone would ever choose not to take it, after reading up on it? And do you think it is possible to be offered the oath if you haven't read all the background info?
            PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
            Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

caitlin and pm are wise pplz. since the Powers choose you, you would only ever find the Oath if They wanted you to find it.

and i have a lot of faults...but if i did, or had the chance to, become a wizard, i'd understand the importance of the issue and try my absolute hardest to correct them. of course, no one is perfect. and no one, here, i think, has been through the emotional trauma of having to save the world. if you have, let me know.

and i'd like to add something else; just because you know a lot of dificult words or you're good at reading does NOT mean you can be a wizard. it mentions in SYWTBAW that though wizards tend to have those qualities(likes to read, write, ect.)they don't HAVE to have any of them. no offence or anything pplz, just something you should keep in mind.

-peri!!!!!!!!!!! (you know i rock)

Comment

Hell Yea. ME + Wizardry= very disturbing world. lol

Comment

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I just voted: Maybe So.
                  Certainly I love to read...and fit some of the listed qualities.
                  BUT, I think maybe I don't really believe it...not enought to be a wizard anyway.

When I finish a book the thought is still, I wish that could happen...but it CAN'T

I assume you have to believe it can happen for it to happen...
                  "Magic doesn't live in the unwilling heart"
                  What about the 'unbelieving heart'?
                  </span>
                  ~~~~~~~~
                  Should the Transcendent Pig be reading this post...What's the meaning of life?

Comment

J*8:
                    "Magic doesn't live in the unwilling heart"
                    What about the 'unbelieving heart'?
                    Well, yes. If you're unwilling to believe, then your heart isn't in what you do. You don't want to believe it, you can't. This actually comes up it a later book, W@W, actually.

*looks back at old posts*

err, I think I take back what I said about Harry Potter. At least partially. A little after I wrote that post, I re-read one of the books, and I realise that it is good. It has a spellbinding quality (no pun intended). It is a magical world where anything is possible, and I can retreat to when my brain gets too clogged and worried.

However, I stick with my opinion. Young Wizards is better than HP in terms of realness. It has more of a purpose, and isn't just some silly fantasy. No, it is rather realistic, as far as fantasy goes, and I think that I like it that way. Sometimes, it's just plain old refreshing.

Dai
                    just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• I hope I would. I am not entirely sure.
                      I am very serious about not being wasteful, but I still can be.
                      On the other hand I love books and languages. I cannot get to sleep without reading most nights. I also used to talk to trees.

Anyway, lying might be a problem.

Comment

• I am very serious about not being wasteful, but I still can be.
                        I know what you mean...i think most people do, actually...i mean, you can go on about not being wasteful all you want, but in the end it just takes one second of forgetfullness...or a misjudgment on how much you can eat...or how long you can leave the cabage out of the crisper if i'm using a twisted example from yw. :P
                        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• I would take the Oath. I have always loved words, and books, and every night before I go to bed, I read one of the YW books, and go to sleep happy. I am very fancy with words, and when approving someone's application on a website, get very picky and have them re-do it seven times over before I accept it!
                          <select name=stats size=1>
                          <Option value=1>BenKyuutai

<Option value=1>He just blew his quanta

<Option value=1>Likes brownies

<Option value=1>HUGGLES POKEMON!
                          </select>

Comment

• yes! I love these books and I love the adventure in them. I have a group of friends and all of us believe in that kind of thing.

That would be REALLY cool for me!!! huuuu......

Comment

• I would take the Oath. I have always loved words, and books, and every night before I go to bed, I read one of the YW books, and go to sleep happy. I am very fancy with words, and when approving someone's application on a website, get very picky and have them re-do it seven times over before I accept it!
                              ok, i love words too...but i'm not very picky if they're trying to join one of the sites i'm an admin on...of course, most of my sites don't need approval, or if they do, i'm the one who bugged them to going there, so i can hardly make them redo it a dozen times after all that bugging. :P i think i already said it in this topic, but I WOULD take the oath, and i'd like to think it would be given to me....
                              I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• I lent my SYWTBAW book out to a friend, so I can't answer the exact criteria, but I think I'd be offered the Oath. I'm pretty much top of my French class (I think the lowest I've gotten in any of my four years is a 90% on a test), I taught myself to read at the age of 3-4 (like Dairine, although I have not yet read the whole encyclopedia. I did try reading the dictionary once, but I didn't get very far...), and I believe very strongly in magic (magic not existing in the unbelieving soul, or whatever it is, wouldn't be a problem for me). I'm good with words and love them. The not-lying bit would take some getting used to, but I don't lie much in the first place. I'm also kind of wasteful sometimes, like leaving the lights and computer on when I'm not in the room. Oh well. All in all, I do think I'd be offered the Oath, and I'd definitely take it. I do best under pressure.
                                --I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!

Comment

Working...
                                X