Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could be given the oath, would you be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if i got the oath i would say it in a heart beat! i think i'm good enough because i remember when i first read SYWTBAW i was like wow this nita chick is exactly like me! and if she could make it why can't i?

Comment

• Alright, if I could, I'd take the Oath. Way back when... *Laughs* - well, I'd always known that somehow I'd end up helping people. I'm going into the Navy for this purpose and just like I'd feel like I want the people of my country to keep their freedom and that I want to protect them, I'd feel the same for the world and even the universe if I could prolong the inevitable. (Right now, the people going into the military is somewhat sloggish due the the fact that there's the real possibility of being killed and that me and several others are doing this, knowing this, I hope, shows what we are and mean to be.)

I love reading! I'm here, aren't I? Lol.

A lot of the time I struggle with language, not so much that I can't speak it or have a speech defect, but I forget the word I'm going to use or I have to describe a word for someone else to tell me because it's specific in the exact way I need it to be. However, I pick up on situations quickly and I have no fear of being a leader or a follower whichever needs be. I am creative, which I'm sure becomes important when improvising. I do know a little Spanish and pick up other things, but I need exposure to the language. (Doing the whole four years of Spanish didn't help too much.)

I have only lied because I was put into a situation that didn't make sense to me. I hate lying and would rather be told the truth and explain why it's not right to do x-thing. The only time I lied was because my parents wouldn't let me on the computer. I tell them everything I do on here, I let them read all of my role-plays, I explain the worlds that I like to involve myself in. I have always gotten good grades, I've always been good with doing my homework and then role-playing. But for some reason my parents don't like me on the computer. If they gave me a valid reason why they didn't want me to be ont he computer, I wouldn't lie to them. I am not currently lying to them (I did this while I was in high school only), but even today I am confused why they limit me so much when I am not doing anything bad and I am a healthy kid. I still go outside, I help around the house and I do what needs to be done. (I'll stop ranting now... it just frustrates me to no end.)

So anyhow...

I'd love to take the oath and I think that all of us that said we would if we could are a great bunch of people with good intentions for the world and the kind of world I'd rather live in.

Comment

• it's funny, but a LOT of people here seem to easily relate with the characters...so maybe just about anyone here would be good enough, considering we all relate with the wizards so EASILY...(i think that's also why we all love the book: the cahracters are easy to relate too, it makes it seem so easy to become a wizard, if you just try hard enough...)
        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• I think I fit the qualifications. But I don't know if I would take the oath. I do have to admit I crack under pressure. I'm also not good about thinking on my feet in dangerous situations. It would be cool to have wizards though. I mean they take care of the things and with them things just get done! I love that about them. Honestly if I was offered the oath I would probably really need to think about it. I'll come back to this topic later. You know once I've re looked at the requirements and thought about them some more.
          Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
          Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure I would qualify (kind of funny, I find myself sometimes wistfully wishing for a late-onset Ordeal ) I mean, I love words, I enjoy sciencey-universey things, and I want to fight entropy (keep those lights off when not using 'em, people!) Under pressure I get a little shaky, but I stay clear-headed. The only thing I'd be worried about would be that my endurance isn't too good when it comes to physical stuff. That's not to say I'm not healthy, I just don't hold up well after lots of exertion *shrugs* But if I got that manual and the oath, boy, I would say the thing in a heartbeat
            Edit-looking at that post I guess I'm like Dairine, wanting to be a wizard and go off fighting Darth Vadar
            "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
            Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

• i think that i might qualify because i really can't sleep without reading. i feel that i have enough stamina for endurance because i play sports and stuff, it would soooo awesome if it were real. i would like die if i came across the manual...
              Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
              Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
              It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
              Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• I have most of the listed qualities, but as the_peridexis said, it is not necessary to have them. I get very angry when people do not try to save the environment, and I use as little of EVERYTHING as possible. On occasion, I have spoken to 'inanimate' objects and gotten(or thought I have gotten) answers back. Also, sometimes I as things not usually considered living to do or stop doing something and they usually do. (or if they don't I talk myself into beleiving they have a reason for it and finding that reason.
                When I first got SYWTBAW, I almost took the Oath, but didn't, because of the fear of what would or would not happen, because I was not really being offered the Oath, but rather reading about someone who was. It just would not feel right, reading Nita's Oath (yes, I know they're all the same...or are they?) *shudders just thinking about the possibilities.*
                If I ever got the oppurtunity to take the Oath, and not through reading the YW series, I probably would because I would know that somewhere, there was a problem that only I could fix. I could not bear knowing that the world would die just a little bit faster because I did not do my part to help save it.
                Also, it'd be really cool to leave this planet, just for a little while, anyway.
                ~We're the kinda friends that kill each other for a handful of Doritos and in the end we don't say sorry we say Haha! Too bad!!~. Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.

Comment

• I fit most of the qualifications. I write everyday for fun and i adore books, and try to share books with others. I take risks. I'm sure if given the chance i would take the oath. I feel that I would finally have some kind of way of helping. Instead of just listening to my teachers talk about the world going to the pits and global warming and all that. I'd get to say, at least I'm helping. One flaw I have is that I'm rather short tempered with people when they present solutions to problems that i know will not work. (It's not like I out right say it's wrong but I think at least half of you all have done school work in a group and known one partner was doing something wrong.

Comment

• I would most definitely take the oath, slowing down the death of the universe would be great and Timeheart would be a place for us wizards to live when we've gone.
                    ---
                    I also agree about the partners in classes screwing things up and you don't want to say anything, because you know the Real answer to the question.

[edited to consolidate double-post and fix typos. --kli]

Comment

• Winchester try not to double post. It is in the board facts. I also don't want you to get into trouble for doing it.

Like I stated before I don't know if I would take the oath. I'm not exactly the bravest person in the world. I can barely get in front of my Speech class and give a speech. (I have two due tomorrow too ) I would love to be a wizard though. I wonder if all I lack is confidence.
                      Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
                      Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• *raises hand*

first, i just said it now, and i think i'm completely qualified. i mean, i know english french and hebrew, and a bit of yiddish and japanese. i've been waiting to say it when i got bored with life, since right now i'm on wizards at war. i was actually afraid that if i became a wizard, all the books would change into the speech and i wouldn't be able to finish them. i'd probably tell and show everyone i knew as soon as it happened. also, how do i know that everyone here isnt just lying so that wizardry isn't discovered?

also, i can't go to bed without reading, but maybe thats just psychology making me think that way, and wouldn't it be cool to talk to my cat? my brother might believe me, and my mom too, since we all read the whole series so far

Combined posts - gf
                        "If his grin was any wider the top of his head would have fallen off"
                        -Terry Pratchett
                        Candyman Jr, Master Procrastinator, Joe Green, Vashmata, Master of Technology

Comment

• Ah, Vashmata, I don't want to sound rude, but if you read the FAQ's you would know not to double post. IF you wanted to add something to your post you can click on the pencil looking thing over a folder in the top right hand corner of your post. Hope you can remember this in the near future. Oh and welcome to the forums.

Now, on to the topic...

I still say that I'd probably take the oath if I was given it. I like to take risks when I remind myself that I only have one life to live (so I think) and I should live it to the fullest.
                          Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                          Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                          It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                          Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• hello, and first dai to all the new people.
                            Now to be mean. This topic seems to be going to a not so good place. Lot's of people are talking about how they are best suited to be a wizard. For example people who say they are the most conservitive or people who say they have all the traits of a wizard. First of all this is not a matter of what type of person you are, but rather could you maturaly deal with the responsiblity that comes with this power. If people are still thinking in terms of me and I and not what is best for life than the answer is probably no. Another less angry point, is that, and i know it has probably been brought up before, but i am to lazy to go find the post, if you would accept the oath then you would be given it. The universe never has enough people working slow down entropy.

Sorry if that came of sounding a little mean. I do not mean to judge everyone but that is how i see this topic going. I know this is a hard question to answer without comeing off slightly egotistical. Just a rant from a lurker in a bad mood.
                            (\__/) "Be amazing"
                            (+'.'+)
                            (")_(")

Comment

• Ok - even if this is going somewhere bad, I want to post - I would love to be a wizard and if i was given the oath, I am almost positive I would take it. I love to read, am good with words, care about global warming (and related topics), and if I had the power, I would not abuse it, or waste it. I don't know how I would act in a crisis - I've never been in one.
                              *keeps thinking of things to say* I also like to help people and animals.
                              "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

• Well, for a start, I absolutely LOVE reading, as in my average book intake a year is probably at least 350. (I also hate textspeak and mispellings). I'm quite good with languages, and I know exactly what I would do if I was a wizard, as well - I'd divert a weather pattern so that the Sahara would be irrigated.
                                I got really angry when I discovered that my school didn't have a paper recycling policy, (they do now, finally), and I really don't get the concept of wars for stupid minor things, such as religion or land (although I can understand if you want to rebel against a tyrant). I think that Guantanamo bay is inhumane, and I despise racists (they were born like that! They can't help it if they're a different ethnicity! It could have been you!)
                                Also, I don't have the ability to lie. Literally. Even if it's to stop a friend getting into trouble at school or just a little lie to divert a huge argument, I can't do it. It's kinda weird.

Rant over.

EDIT ; Sorry about the missssspeellengz!

Comment

Working...
                                X