Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you see someone in a store with SYWTBAW, what do you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gigo:
    Fear our sanity. Or lack of it.
    if I'm involved, it's definitely lack thereof.

Well, PM, can you get them online or summat?

vv
    PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
    Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlin:
      Well, PM, can you get them online or summat?

vv
      Oh, yes. In fact, Amazon UK even says it's possible to pre-order Wizards at War already - I didn't think they'd allow it this far ahead. (I haven't ordered it yet, in case Amazon gets all confused and delays all my orders until October!)

I got A Wizard Alone and Wizard's Holiday from Amazon, too. Oh, and Stealing the Elf-King's Roses and two of DD's Star Trek books which are still waiting on my To Be Read shelf.
      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Amazon rocks. Period. It makes getting books all esay and stuffe.

...I wonder if Borders is allowing pre-orders yet....

vv
        Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

I received SYWTBAW from my brother after he got tired of me debating on its worthiness of reading it. Since then I have suggested the book to several people but to my knowledge no one has actually read them. *sigh* Probably because I don't talk to too many people.

Comment

I talk to lotsa people, even if I dont know them, and no oen really likes to read that much. I only know a few people who do and I've defiently drilled it into em to read the books. Thats as best as I can do.

Oh, I like Amazon alot when I need to look up a series of books and see what the next ones are. Or if their coming out soon. Thats what I did wiht Cirque Du Freak (which is very good!) and The Dreamers series (once again VERY good).
            ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
            **Neets**
            CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

OMG I was so mad at my friend today, she said she tried to start reading SYWTBAW but she found it boring, I was ready to kill her, lol. I got my DW from a bookstore on a Saltspring Island (near where I live), and my SYWTBAW is getting shipped in on Tuesday, I have to buy most of mine off the internet too, grrrrrr... lol, I can't wait for WAW and WOM!!!!!!
              ------------------------------

NITA/KIT all the way! Luv ya tons! XoXo Julie

School's out! :bouncinghappy:

Julie, that's me, just me, myself and I here in my own little world!!! :soveryconfused:

Comment

None of my friends will touch a YW book. It makes me sad, because all my friends and family are so closed minded about trying new books. I'm the only one who reads new books. Let's put it this way: my family wouldn't have picked up Harry Potter if I hadn't started reading one. Just an example of how weird people are about trying new books.
                It's hard to find YW books in parts of the U.S. too. I had problems getting WH when it came out, and have problems getting ahold of the other books in the series. Why don't people respect the series? It's a good series! Sorry, just my little beef with my community.
                -seabiscuit a.k.a. hungry

Comment

I'm working on that, I have gotten a friend's sister, a friend and working on another friend hooked on the YW books!!!
                  Dai stiho cousins
                  ~~~Ezra

Comment

I'm working on spreading the news too, but my best friend found that HP was better than YW somehow, and another friend might be liking it enough to be hooked on them, but I don't know.
                    And my school library only has DW and TWD! It's not fair!
                    -Tell me and I may remember; show me and I'll understand; involve me and I'll never forget. Thank you, PM. Your light lives on.

Comment

• I tried to get my friends into YW but some of them are like:
                      "I WILL! Wait...how many pages is it?" "um...around 350." "Um...Never Mind."
                      or---> "I WILL! I have so many other books to read first."
                      But they never end up reading it. Anyways when I used to be on a site (http://www.gaiaonline.com) I put up a page in the books section for Young Wizards. Unfortunately a stupid member goes on my page and says how I should only post books for 'important' authors and nobody would want to read YW anyways! Some people are crazy...
                      penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• When I see someone holding SYWTBAW in a bookstore I smile smuggly and say quietly, "That's a really good book." Then, like the wind, I'm gone.
                        I have pushed SYWTBAW into the hands of seven people!
                        -----------------
                        I wrestled the angels for more than a name.
                        Loyal page to Squire Garth.
                        My fantasy RP

Comment

• I'm in the process of getting my friend into the series. I gave her the first three because I have them in a box set. She's reading the first one and said she likes it. She's somewhere in the middle so I'm hoping she'll like the rest. I don't know how she won't, but you get some weirdos like that. lol! Just kidding.

I've only ever met one other person with the series. I guess it's not as popular as some other books where like, everyone in the world has them *cough Harry Potter cough lol!*, but it's definitely more popular than I gave it credit for at first. I actually like YW better than Harry Potter.
                          ~--BQT--~

"Simple mind, simple pleasures..."

"I'm lost somewhere in the depths of my imagination. I've been here for about 15 years and still can't get out..."

Comment

• I've never seen anyone in a bookstore with SYWTBAW, but if I did, I'd practically attack them with "Oh my god! that's the best book EVER! You HAVE to buy it!" I'd probably scare them off of it, lol.

But I am trying to convince my friends. It's not working, though, because they're not fantasy people.

Dai!
                            Nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak! --Albus Dumbledore

I <3 Jamie Lawrence!!!!!! *squee*

Comment

• That's ok. You can hang with us. We're all fantasy readers, here. And we definitely like talking YW.

I've done the glomphing onto folks at bookstores all over the place. Book recommending is one of my hobbies...
                              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• This sort of thing is exactly why I'm getting a job at Borders. To help people find good books to read. Although what peeves me a bit is that the YW books never seem to be included on any of the more recent "Done with HP and need something good to read?" lists.

...well, the reccomending and the emplyoee discount ;D
                                Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

Working...
                                X