No announcement yet.

Dairine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm rather fond of Dairine. I was the bratty little sister in my family, so maybe I can relate a little. Or maybe I just have a thing for spunky redheads. I don't know why, but whenever I watch Cowboy Bebop, Ed makes me think of Dairine. With Ein the data dog following her around like Spot. xD
    Nanu nanu.

Comment

I think she's a nice complement to the group, and that Roshaun is a nice counterbalance to the entire group, in literary terms. Nita and Kit are obviously the strong, wise, soon-to-be-Senior/Advisories, whereas Dairine is the less mature, less wise, more impulsive power socket of the group.

But we'll be seeing Roshaun, methinks, sometime soonish. It's good to see Dairine finally with someone - acting alone gets you killed so much faster. Then again, with Spot and the mobiles with her, you wonder if they're actually alone.

---

Slash has more posts than me? *disturbed*
      Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
      Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

id have to say dairine's alot like me,she kows whats she's doing and yet,she has no idea what she needs to do.(im more like the second part )but thats what makes the wiz books fun to read,"if some thing can go wrong,it will go wrong but some times we are lucky,and it only goes half wrong"that is the bacic plot of any good story so dairine is acually a good character dont you think?
        (that was defenatly my longest post E-V-E-R)
        ~~~mousewashere~~~
        99 percent evil,1 percent brain yep thats sooo me
        rule #1532 of life: dont sell your soul on ebay!- YW chat
        www.artgrounds.com
        goooo thereeeeeeee D:<

Comment

Actually, Dairine is one of my favorite characters. I never saw her as "just" the bratty sister. After all she "covers" for Nita, so she can't be all bad. I was really glad when she got Wizardry because she wanted it so much.
          I also like Carmela by the way...

Comment

Dair! *loves Dair* Of course she's got flaws...admittedly, a lot of them, but that's what makes her so interesting. Like Sean said, almost without doubt Nita and Kit will end up the wiser ones, but without Dair's spunk and brashness, they might, in my eyes, get rather bored, or worse, borING. What's a level-headed sister without a fiery counterpart, anyway? Yeah, her impulsiveness gets into trouble, but that keeps the story engaging.

And for who knows what reason, whenever I think Dair, I eventually think...Carmelita. I know, I know, you're going o_0, but really, am I the only one who thinks they're a little (maybe just a liiiittle!) bit similar?

-peri

Comment

she's a nice person, somewhat, and i like her...*makes plans to get little sister, make sure they become a wizard, and then read oath from their books* it's too late to get an older one. :P
              I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I already have a little sister. I am reading her DD's books and we're on the thrid one right now. But she is so high action girl that she thinks it is boring BECAUSE of Dairine. I am going to kill her... but I can't- too many witnesses! Still, I think that she will love Dair if we can just get through this one book. She sure is as annoying as Dair... well, almost. and if she does become a wizard, I might just faint. From jealousy , not shock. With Lauren, NOTHING surprises me...
                "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

I like Dairine because she is sooooo different than Nita. She just adds some extra humor and darkness to the books.
                  Dai Stiho cousens

Comment

First of all you've gotta give her credit in books 1 and 2. She was protective enough to defend Nita from Joanne "and (horrors) throw her over the horizon!" and in book two she faked illness (even though it was half blackmail...*mutter*)to cover for Nita and Kit while they were with S'ree. I really like Dairine's spunk and some of her quotes are priceless, but I thought it felt almost like cheating the way she got the oath from Nita's book and didn't even have to really learn wizardry or the speech. she just grabs her computer and goes galaxy hopping...but I suppose it was all vital to the plan... sigh...
                    I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed-reading accident. I hit a bookmark.
                    -- Steven Wright

Comment

Dairine is my nickname! i think i am alot like her. i fix computers, read dictionaries and encyclopedia's for fun, and have always wanted to go to mars!!

Dairine is sooooo cool! but very annoying to nita. poor nita. but i would love to b dairine. i have named my computers spot, spot 2nd, and spottie.
                      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

I think she was a lot better as the books progressed. In the beginning, she was the bratty younger sister who wanted what Nita had, and took it by any means possible. But I think she got a LOT of character development in the later books. Especially by the time The Wizard's Dilemma arrived, and also in A Wizard Alone. Then Roshaun arrived and the character development hit them both hard. Love it to death (character development, I mean.)

Comment

Working...
                        X