Dairine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I think that although I feel bad for Dairine and Nita and what happened to their mom, she isn't as powerful as everyone thinks she is. In High Wizardry, it seems to me that although she was intelligent at school, her computer was doing most of the work for her. She doesn't know the Speech unless her computer translates it for her in the beginning. The following books are more interesting like in Wizard Abroad since she has unlimited power, but I still like Nita and Kit and everyone better than Dairine. Although, I do really like that section where she wouldn't go to school in a Wizard Abroad, and so Nita sent her bed to pluto and it creaked afterward. lol. Also, she did that thing to the house so that everything in it would be sent away and would only come back after her school day was over.And it was also password protected. It just goes to show you that even the most powerful wizard can be outsmarted by their sister.lol. by the way, this is my very first post. I really like it here.

Comment

http://www.geocities.com/booknightmoon

Comment

I personally loved Dairine, although I think she's one of those characters who you love, but would hate to meet in real life. She strikes me as Nita's replica only more proactive, very mouthy and smarter. I guess that's why I like Dairine. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] She would probably annoy me to death in real life, but she's a great character.

I especially love her epiphany in HW. "Nothing ever comes fast enough. End of file." Argh, I want to steal that quote! And if you've listened to the book-on-tape versions, you've got to love Gigo's way of saying her name. Aw!

Yours till the bed spreads,
          Rowen Avalon
          mysites/ravensiggys/constitutionality
          Rowen Avalon

"I told you she was going to turn you into a soggy beermat. No one ever listens to me." - Jonny, AWAb (My fav moment!)
          "IB helps you with stress management. It throws all this stress at you and says, 'Manage it!' Then you have your b

Comment

i like dairine but she's not my favorite
            From your friendly neighborhood wizard, Poliester.

Comment

It's great the way DD can make you feel like the character's for whom you're looking through the eyes. In books 2, 4 and 5 Dairine is of course an overall annoying, misunderstanding and/or bratty little sister. That is to say, when you're looking through the eyes of Kit or Nita, which is of course, most of the time. BUT, when it's Dairine who's the main character (in High Wizardry, that is) suddenly she's a person with her own feelings and Kit and Nita can be rather mean. On the same note, in books 5 and 6 when Nita is the primary subject, at the times when they're arguing Kit says some mean things without seeming to care and is rather unforgiving. HOWEVER, when KIT is the primary subject Nita seems to blow up at nothing and Kit is just TRYING to help things but Nita doesn't understand. It's a very nice talent of DD.

"I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh. I have been called a hundred names and will be called a
              thousand more before the world goes dim and cold. I am hero."

Comment

Dairine Rocks!!!

*Agent~M*

EVERYONE MUST READ CITY OF THE BEASTS!!!!! (I sound crazy but I don't care)
                "Thank you Jack" "Your welcome" "No not you, we named the monkey Jack" -Pirates of the Caribbean
                Look closely at your next subway token. And speak to strangers.- SYWTBAW 20th Ed.
                "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!"- DW, Picchu
                I lost my marbles, PLEASE HELP ME FIND THEM!!!!!!!
                *Agent~M*
                "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                "I could live

Comment

i think Dairine is curious. She just jumped to other planets without asking guidiance from Kit or Nita. after all they are more advance

Comment

I LOVE DAIRINE!!! SHE IS MY FAVORITE BOOK CHARACTER IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE(S)!!!!
                    Dairine might have started off careless and seemingly bratty, but she is smart. You know it. And she's eleven. She's a younger sister, you have to grow up loud. Dairine has pride, and for good reason. She won't cry. Okay, so she doesn't have that shyness and sympathy and reflection that Nita does. Plus, as the book goes on Dari gets it. She doesn't play around. She Knows what to do and she does it. SHE WINS THE FIRST BATTLE! Come on, a little brat with no feeling or clue what she's doing could not do that. So Dari is good.
                    ~Unnamed

Comment

I would say I like Dairine the most! Mostly because she is exactly like me. But I like Nita and Kit too though. They all are great , but i like Dairine the most. She Rocks my socks.lol.
                      Believe it or not, younger sisters in real life also become more like real people and less like annoying little sisters as they grow up!
                      That is Soooo true! Speaking that i'm as my sister calls me an anoying little sister... <--- to her. She is acctuley the annoying older sister! HeHe.
                      Ali
                      Vampires are love.

Comment

I cannot STAND Dairine in this book. She is acting like such a no-it-all and I just wanted to go IN the pages and say you don't even have a CLUE what you are doing.

Comment

I LOVE Dairi!! She is soo cool! I just love her attitude, the way she handles herself. She and Roshaun are my favorite characters, I'd like to see a lot more of those two. *cough*
                          "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

Dairine has got better as the series has progressed. She has matured like a fine cheese and now with her new responsibilies with the sun lord i think we are in for an intresting time!
                            Fox
                            God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

I absolutely love Dairine. She's just got this kick to her that always reminds me of myself, though I'm no where near as smart, half of her spunky comebacks, or bratty moodswings are probably things that my parents go through every day. Though I have no siblings, I've always wanted a little sister, even though I'd probably put her through hell, and she'd probably do the same to me if she was ANYTHING like me. Dairine is just that rotten little devil that goes around throwing everyone off balance for the fun of it, and I can't get enough of it. I love it how she handles herself, though I do have to say, in High Wizardry she didn't know what the heck she was doing, that kind of spontanity is half of the reason why she succeeded.

Commited Fratcha-Bruta

Comment

hmmmm, spotaneity yes, but devilness and brattiness..... ouch. I agree with fox. can't wait to see if she finds roshaun and everything!!
                                "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

Comment

Working...
                                X