No announcement yet.

Dairine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dai everybody, I'm new. Anyway, Dairine is probably tied for favorite character with Carmela for me. I really like Nita and Kit, but I like characters who aren't totally normal the most, which is probably why I like Dairine even more. She's original, she's smart, and she's really, really funny. Besides, she's one of the strongest characters in YW, and strong characters are cool. I'm sure she would drive me crazy if she were my sister, but I can't help admiring her.
    -------------------
    "I found the pieces in my hand/They were always there/It just took some time for me to understand"

--Vertical Horizon, "I'm Still Here"

Comment

I think she is the bratty li'l sis becouse she is more powerfull then Nita nad Kit you wonder if she Brags a bout it?

and...

I did not like High Wizardy that much becouse they talked too much about her!

Comment

I know what u mean slash
        But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil
        thou shall not eat of it:
        for in the day that thou eatest there of
        thou shalt surely die.

Comment

thanks.... for agreeing ^_^

Comment

She took the oath without much thought to it. But she does have a lot of power. I like Nita better though mostly because she's the main charecter. And Dairine in the third book took off to Mars without much thought to how people would take it

Comment

Well, if I got a chance to go to mars, I would jump at it. Well, if I could go anywhere... Maybe not mars. But I would definately take off without much thought. But, I do pretty much everything without much thought. I like Dairine. I like how she doesn't care what other people think, and how smart she is. People aren't very smart, nowadays.
              -----------------------------------------------------------------
              Today I saw cancer, cigarettes and shortness of breath. This is why I walk to the ocean. Swim with sharks and jellyfish. I may never get this chance again. This is why if you want to

Comment

This was one of my favorite books. I love the fact that Dairine created a whole race of super intelligent mobles. (I loved Gigo!) It was very cool the amount of power Dairine had. I just really think this was a good book.
                --May we go where errantry takes us,doing Their business and the Ones, and when we meet Him say "Fairest and Fallen, greeting and defiance!"

Comment

Lets not forget now that in the last book she was starting to lose her edge, her power ratings are droping quite fast. And thought I do like Dairine I like Nita better, she is more powerful in a different way compared to Dairine. All out power is good but control and keeping your cool is a better power in my mind and to be honest I think Nita wanted to be a wizard more than Dairine, what oes everyone else think?
                  Fox
                  God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

I agree, Fox. Dairine can be careless with her power but that's part of what makes her unique and fun to read. The difference between her and Nita was that Nita wanted wizardry without really knowing what she wanted--it was the book that caught her, not the other way around. Dairine went out of her way to seek it out because she knew exactly what she wanted.
                    I really like Dairine because she is a strong character who grows and changes, and it's hard to imagine the books without her. Plus she DOES have the coolest pj's.

Comment

Power Shmower, If you don't know how to youse it right then you are no good!.. Thats why Dairine is not mt favorite... becouse she ether messes things up more, She does nouthing, or her sister comes and saves her frome doom!

Comment

Originally posted by Slash:
                        Power Shmower, If you don't know how to youse it right then you are no good!.. Thats why Dairine is not mt favorite... becouse she ether messes things up more, She does nouthing, or her sister comes and saves her frome doom!
                        Yah, well Dairine's still cool. Even though HW kinda bored me to death in sum parts _-_

But Dairine's a brash, quick, smart, 'nice' lil redhead charrie that ppl can enjoy so it should be fun havin' her here.

'Sides I need her there for the rare moments where she ridicules Nita

later~
                        ~~~~---------------~~~~~
                        sweetbox!!!~

Comment

O.k... And I wonder thoe in the book a wizards deleama ... (if I speeled that right)... When her mom gets sick she is in a hospital bed and calles wizardy "fun". And Nita says "Blah Blah going to save the world ... almost get eaten by a shark" and all that jazz...but suddenly nita says "Dairine has "fun" too." so after all mt jib-jab I was wondering do you think DD is going to wright a story about just her life?

Comment

I think Dairine and Kit are the coolest characters ever! Dairine is smart and has a really good heart.

Comment

i dont like Dairine

Comment

Yha,
                                I gess she does have a good hart but still she can flip that hart in to start and make it depart in to a fart...(wow, what am I Dr.Suse?) Well you get I I gess I like Dairine but then I don't...
                                '...

Comment

Working...
                                X