No announcement yet.

Dairine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally, since Dairine's mother...well, you know.... I have sympathized with her a lot more. Especially in *Dilemma* and *Alone* (not a spoiler everybody!) she has gotten to be more of a person to me, probably because she and Nita are relating more to eachother now. I am actually starting to like her (god forbid [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img])! She is more of a person, than just a bratty little girl, after all she has gone through...and in many ways, that's a very good thing.

~Em~

"Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes." Frieda Norris
    "But victory's certain. Never think otherwise. There is loss, and there is pain, and in your home frame of reference, they're real enough, not to be devalued. But today the energy's running out of things just a little more slowly...for those who tru

Comment

I agree with Em that Dairine is becomeing more of a person sence what happened to her and Nita's mother but always in my mind she will be a annoying little sister.

*Nita*

Comment

Believe it or not, younger sisters in real life also become more like real people and less like annoying little sisters as they grow up! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it. At this point I don't think my little 9 year old sister Bethany will ever be a person!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

*Nita*

Comment

I wouldn't know..I don't have a bratty younger sister myself. But I'm guessing, Nita, that someday your sister will be a real person to you too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img].

"Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes." Frieda Norris
            "But victory's certain. Never think otherwise. There is loss, and there is pain, and in your home frame of reference, they're real enough, not to be devalued. But today the energy's running out of things just a little more slowly...for those who tru

Comment

Maybe but at this point next week seem's a long way off. Bethany being a person is about the same distance as a snail climbing but a rocket ship it'll take years and years!!(That's the only comparison I can think of).
              Em you are lucky to be an "Only One Child"

*Nita*

Comment

Yeah...I'm the youngest and the oldest in my family. And the middle child [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]. But it is kind of sad sometimes, like when i wan to steal someone's clothes to wear for school. I don't have a sister to do that to, see? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Oh well...that's what friends are for, right? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

~Em~

"Yep, its just one of those Unitarian cult things: you'll get used to it." -The words of the almighty and powerful John Jay a.k.a. Ed.

Comment

Comment

...where are you getting that, Rysade? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] Nita was the one who was scared to use the martial arts that she knew. Dairine actually used the training that she had.

And on the subject: I love Dairi and Nita equally. Dairine and her deep longing to *know* things really resonated with me, since I'm the exact same way. Nita reminds me of myself in many ways as well.

Je ne connait pas la peur. -Oui... tu aura peur, tu aura peur.
                    -Star Wars
                    it's so easy to laugh at yourself when all those jokes have already been written...
                    who're you fooling if the fools are right?

Comment

Ya your probably right I know i'd get kinda lonely not haveing anyone to fight with or yell at or slap upside the head but it would be kinda fun to get ride of Bethnay for a coupel months [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

*Nita*

Comment

Comment

slug hummm...

The only time I've ever slugged my sister was
                          during the slug bug(car game) and that had to be banned from the car me and Bethany got a little too violent.

*Nita*

Comment

Not siblings...friends actually.When my friends are being particularly annoying, a good *slug* in the arm can do them a bit of good. No, I'm just kidding...but playfully hitting people isn't always that bad, when you are good enough friends with them.

~Em~

"Yep, its just one of those Unitarian cult things: you'll get used to it." -The words of the almighty and powerful John Jay a.k.a. Ed.

Comment

Comment

Yeah, I can see your point. I especially hate when people you don't know very well come up to you, slug you hard in the arm, and then act like your chum (I love that word). But when I do it with friends, I try not to do it to make them be hurt, just to give them a little waking up [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]. Anyway, I grew up with very 'huggy', 'friendly sluggy', friends (ooh...I'm a poet...). Anyway, I see your point Rysade... being raised around people like that has something to do with it.

But I've got to admit, sometimes there's nothing better than giving an annoying friend a *tiny* punch in the arm [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img].

~Em~

Comment

Working...
                                X