No announcement yet.

Carmella a Wizard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure. Ronan and Darine are both intraverts. Carmella seems to be a people-person. But who knows! She might not even be a wizard for all we know!

Hillary Wan Kenobi
    The first-ever Jedi Ewok
    And proud of it...
    A physics geek
    And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

With all this Pro-Carmella build-up around here, I'm sure I'm gonna get flamed for this...

You forget that to be a wizard you have to have a certain personality type. Carmella doesn't seem that way to me. She seems the type to fret about her hair, and generally behave in unwizardly ways, like just wasting time watching TV. Wizards have minds like lasers. I don't think Carmella does. She's got an 'I don't care' attitude, and the others, with the exception of Ronan, don't have that. Ronan had a passion for Ireland, and wanted to help. Carmella is just some consumer.

--Dai Stihó

Now from his pocket
      quick he flashes
      the crayon on the wall he slashes
      deep upon the advertising
      a single worded poem comprised of FOUR LETTERS
      and his heart is laughing, screaming, pounding
      the poem across the tracks rebounding

Comment

Maybe you're right...

And maybe you're wrong. Carmella seems to have an affinity for languages (she already speeks English and Spanish, and now she's learning to speek Japanese). She's also a good observer. She really could be a wizard.
        HOWEVER, her mom seems to have even more wizarding characteristics. Maybe, just maybe, Kit and Carmell's mom might become an unusual "late-blooming" wizard.
        I'm going off on wild tangents now, so I'll just stop before I say any other stupid things.

Hillary Wan Kenobi
        The first-ever Jedi Ewok
        And proud of it...
        A physics geek
        And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

Oh, duh! Yeah, she does have the language thing going for her. Forgot about that.

--Dai Stihó

A LONG December
          And there's reason to beleive
          Maybe this year will be better than the last.
          ------
          Drove up to hillside manor
          Sometime after 2:00 Am
          And talked a little while about the year.
          I guess the winter makes you Laugh a little Slower
          Makes you Talk a little Lower
          'Bout the things you could not show her...

--Counting Crows, A Long December

Comment

Carmella has a credit card? Or did she borrow her parents'? And did she ask first?

Inside every cynic there's an idealist desperately yearning to be let out, and when they are let out they're usually a real pain and cause all sorts of trouble. --Chris Boucher

Comment

I doubt she would becoume a wizard. I ca't rember what book it was, but Kit had said he hid his manual becouse he did not want Carmella being an older version of Dairine.

Comment

He said that he didn't want her to be an older version of Dairine, but he also said that if the powers chose her there was nothing he could do to stop it. Sounds like foreshadowing to me .

Hillary Wan Kenobi
                The first-ever Jedi Ewok
                And proud of it...
                A physics geek
                And proud of it...

Comment

First of all, I believe that there is NO WAY that Kit's Mother can become a wizard now!
                  Second, I think this topic might be starting to go around in circles!

"Footsteps in the snow,
                  Point where you're going,
                  Suggest where you've been,
                  But where they vanish,
                  Never dismiss the possibility of flight. . ."
                  -The Book of Night With Moon
                  "Footsteps in the snow,
                  Point where you're going,
                  Suggest where you've been,
                  But where they vanish,
                  Never dismiss the possibility of flight. . ."
                  -The Book of Night With Moon

Comment

I agree with you this convo is going in big wide circles and the olny way to solve it is to just wait and see.

Princess_nita0
                    Night owl,Up till Dawn
                    "You must change yourself before you change your surrondings"
                    "Attitudes are contagious. Is yours worth cacthing?"
                    "when light enters the room darkness cannot stay. The truth is the light."
                    "If the truth is the light.. explore ways we can enlighten those in the dark."
                    "If it is based on a lie it cannot survive"(By Yours truly

Comment

OK, i have a reply to a message way earlier, but I think that it talked about, when Nita was reading some of the manual in the library in SYWTBAW, that some of the greatest wizardly circles were family members. I don't have the book here with me now, but I'll check...

Guilty until proven innocent

Comment

I think carmella COULD be a wizard. Isn't she going to be a little older than usual for a begining wizard? Does she have any of the requirements though? I don't think theres anything that suggests that theres a possibility for her being a wizard. But who knows...it Could happen.

Comment

It seems to me, that the playfulness would go along with maturity, and if anything, make her MORE powerful as a wizard. (Aren't the wizards only bound by their restraints of whats possible?)
                          ---
                          seabiscuit1009: there is nothing wrong with getting snogged by Andrew

Comment

she is good with languages, she already knows the speech, and she is allowed to get on the interspecies chats, or w/ever they are called. that sounds like someone higher up is in controll here

i'm the queen of insanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

just becuase she can read and (i think) talk in the speech, doesnt make carmalla a wizard. in one of the books the manual briefly refers to other species that use the speech as a native language, and not all of them were wizards.

Comment

huh i don't know. wouldn't it be a bit of an anti-climax? i mean, the whole sis-becoming-wizard has already happened to nita, so where's the shock or surprise if carmela were to become one? maybe something else will happen....like maybe the LP tricks her into doing something really bad? remeber someone's (i can't remember who's....) speculation on Wizards War and how it may be about people siding with the LP and against good wizards? well, what if Carmela turns to the LP because it's the only way she can obtain any type of wizardry? it's just one of many crzy ideas flying through my brain, and it prob. won't happen. but oh well! (this is by far my fav. smiley!!!)

"It was my turn to save you, that's all. Now I want a few weeks off..."

it's not dying for a friend that's hard...no, what's hard is finding a friend worth dying for.
                                Call me Q :-)

you never know who your real friends are until the hard times come. When it isn't all happy laughs and fun. sometimes your old friends will rough it & stay. but usuall they tend to fade away. If they fade, do not fear, bcuz better fr

Comment

Working...
                                X